Personal Injury Attorney
Have you been in an accident? Are you looking for legal representation and do not know what to do? Burger Law is here to help.
Picking the right personal injury firm in Missouri or Illinois is an important decision. Our lawyers’ goal is to win full recovery over your settlement. This includes special and general damages for your case like hospital bills, loss of enjoyment, lost income, emotional distress, and others. We will get into this in more detail later on. Reach out to our firm and your personal injury lawyers now if you might have a case.
Do You Have an Injury Claim?
Burger Law has won millions for injury victims. Many of these cases involve car accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, slips and falls, worker’s compensation, and others. Personal injury is a broad case-type that involves any number of injuries. Nursing home abuse, motorcycle accidents, consumer protection, birth injuries: If there are financial damages, you might have a claim.
Our personal injury attorneys in will assess your case. If there are financial damages, it is essential that you get the legal support you need. A serious injury can lead to serious repercussions. If, for instance, you have high medical bills, can no longer work, and are struggling due to an injury, you probably have a valid claim.
Our ersonal injury attorneys are available 24/7 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we do not win a claim, you do not pay anything. If you have questions about your case, the damages you may be able to recover, or other questions regarding personal injury claims, call our Personal Injury Attorneys immediately at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 if you are in the [zip] area.
Damages for Personal Injury Claims
It is important to prove negligence in a personal injury case. It may be tempting to accept a settlement after an accident from an big insurance company or the negligent parties involved. However, it is important for our injury attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair. Here are a few ways we go about proving a claim:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday life. Proving that there is a duty of care is a good first step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, such as fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring. The same goes for truck drivers, giant corporations, and others.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver that blows a red light and crashes into another car or pedestrian. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses. Burger Law’s St. Louis and Illinois personal injury attorneys will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
It is important to contact a qualified personal injury attorney if you need (or do not know if you need) legal representation. Burger Law has a strong track record for providing just that and winning cases.
A few resources about injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
Burger Law is made up of a team of personal injury lawyers who proudly serve the Metro St. Louis area with the highest standard of representation, litigation, guidance, and support. Gary Burger and his associates are dedicated to recovering compensation to help injury victims and their families to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. At Burger Law, we understand how severe injuries can negatively impact your mental, physical, and financial health, and we are prepared to stand with you through the entirety of your case from medical care to insurance and employer issues.
From car accidents and slips and falls to medical malpractice and a $113 Million Verdict by the MO Department of Corrections, our firm has the skill-set you need to win.
- How Do You Know When You Have a Personal Injury Case?
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- What Should I Do if I’m Hit by a Drunk Driver?
- When Can You Sue a Nursing Home?
- Types of Negligence in Personal Injury Cases
- What are the 10 Most Common Personal Injury Claims?
Your Personal Injury Attorneys
We understand that it might be overwhelming to handle legal matters after an accident. It is important to stay calm — here are a few steps to take if you are in an accident:
There is no obligation. Feel free to talk to us without worrying about payment. Our personal injury attorneys defend victims and their families and ensure they are fairly compensated.
Get Help Now
Injury claims typically rely on negligence or fault. This allows victims and their families to seek compensation. This is not easy to do on your own. Let Burger Law give you the legal support you need. Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys now for a consultation and case review. See below for a list of the areas we service.