Premises Liability LawyerCentralia, IL
If you slipped and fell in a grocery store, shopping mall, or in a parking lot, our premises liability lawyers in Centralia can help.
When you enter a business, whether it be a grocery store, shopping mall, or a service-based center, the property owners are legally required to make sure it's safe. Sometimes property owners couldn't care less, and this leads to accidents. A slip on a wet floor, a loose stair banister, or a door that shuts too hard may have caused your accident, and now you need help. Does your accident count as premises liability? You aren't sure what your rights are, or what you should do to pursue them. You need help.
Our Premises Liability Lawyers will not stop fighting until you are fully cared for, and that's our promise. You deserve a full recovery from this accident, and you deserve to be compensated for and losses that resulted from the premises liability accident in Centralia. To learn more about how our personal injury law firm will fight for your rights, call our team at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 to discuss your premises liability case today.
Premises Liability Lawyer Centralia - Recent Victories
Results matter more than words. You have to win your case, and you need the law firm you choose to be dedicated to fighting for your full rights. A premises liability lawyer needs to have proof, and they need to have results. Here are several of our most recent victories as well as client testimonials:
- $0 to $70,000
- Burger Secures a $125,000 settlement in Auditorium Fall
- Slip and Fall $125,000 Success
- $250,000 Slip and Fall Settlement
- $1.435 Million Settlement Against Three Defendants After Extensive Litigation
Premises Liability Lawyer Centralia - FAQ's
Do you have legal questions, but don't have time to step into an office right now? Or maybe you would like to watch a client testimonial to see what a real person thinks about their lawyer, and the legal process? Burger Law has several FAQ's that answer many of those questions you may have, as well as client testimonials to really show you what the process is like with our firm. We also have a comprehensive FAQ section. Here are several Premises Liability questions answered:
Personal Injury Law Firm St. Louis - Legal Books
If you enjoy reading longer content, our Firm has created 4 books that can answer a wide range of questions surrounding personal injury law in Missouri and Illinois. These are free, so download as you like!
Premises Liability Lawyer in Centralia - Can I sue?
There are a few factors that determine whether or not you should pursue a premises liability case.
1. Did you have to go to the hospital or see a doctor because of the accident? If you had to seek medical care, and the care was extensive, you may have a case. Usually, these types of injuries will be broken bones, a dislocated back, sprained ankles or limbs, etc. To have a legal claim, you must have been injured as a result of the dangerous condition. If you are bruised, and the injury is very minor, your case may not be worth pursuing to a legal degree.
2. Was the owner made aware, but did nothing to remedy the dangerous area? Did you see a sign stating the area was dangerous? Negligence is key to most premises liability claims. Spills on floors, dangerous stairs, holes in floors, parking lots covered with ice, and other types of hazards can cause injuries, and properties owners can be held liable for those injuries. If a sign was posted, and you disregarded the warning and subsequently caused the injury yourself, your slip and fall claim will be weakened and you will have a more difficult time recovering damages.
Negligence and severity can be hard to determine, and if you need help, call our Premises Liability Lawyers in Centralia immediately. We can help you determine the specifics of your case.
Relevant Statutes in a Centralia Premises Liability Case
In any slip and fall case, it is crucial to determine a person's status when they are on a piece of property because property owners have different obligations to different groups. There are three main classifications of people in a slip and fall accident: invitees, licensees, and trespassers.
Invitees in Centralia are defined in Bartel v. Central Markets, Inc. (Mo.App. 1995) as anyone who enters upon a premises with the express or implied consent of the possessor, and for some purpose of benefit or interest to the possessor or for the mutual benefit of both. Property owners have a duty to provide invitees with the highest standard of care by inspecting their property and fixing dangerous or hazardous conditions. In addition, property owners must disclose known dangerous conditions, as outlined in Harris v. Niehaus (Mo. banc. 1993), citing Restatement (2nd) Torts § 343 comment b.
Licensees are a person who is privileged to enter or remain on land only by virtue of the possessor’s consent, according to Restatement (2nd) Torts § 330; Harris, 875 S.W.2d at 225. Property owners only have a duty to warn licensees of a danger that the property owner knows about or should know about.
The last classification of people are trespassers. A trespasser—as defined by Restatement (2nd) Torts, § 329 (1965)—is a person who enters or remains upon land in the possession of another without a privilege to do so. Property owners generally are not liable for harm that caused to a trespasser. A Centralia premises liability lawyer could help people with their case, regardless of what class of visitor they are.
Premises Liability Lawyer
You didn't ask to be hurt, and you shouldn't have to fight to get the care you deserve. Our Firm is dedicated to fighting your full rights and recovery, and our Premises Liability lawyers in Centralia will not stop till you receive 100% of what you are owed. Call our Premises Liability lawyers in Centralia at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 to discuss your premises liability case today.