Premises Liability LawyerGodfrey, IL
If you slipped and fell in a grocery store, shopping mall, or in a parking lot, our premises liability lawyers in Godfrey can help.
Property owners are legally required to make sure that their properties are safe for use. Unfortunately, that isn't always the case. A slip on a wet floor, a loose stair banister, or a door that shuts too hard may have caused your accident, and now you need help. Can you recover from the accident legally because of how it happened? You're not a lawyer, you don't know all of the laws and whether or not you were wronged. You need help.
Our Premises Liability Lawyers will not stop fighting until you are fully cared for, and that's our promise. You deserve a full recovery from this accident, and you deserve to be compensated for and losses that resulted from the premises liability accident in Godfrey. To learn more about how our personal injury law firm will fight for your rights, call our team at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 to discuss your premises liability case today.
Premises Liability Lawyer Godfrey - Recent Victories
When choosing a lawyer, you should always pick based off of results. You want the best lawyer you can choose for your case type, and you want to recover 100% of what you are owed. A premises liability lawyer claiming they are the best isn't the same as being the best, you need proof. Here are several of our most recent victories as well as client testimonials:
- $0 to $70,000
- Burger Secures a $125,000 settlement in Auditorium Fall
- Slip and Fall $125,000 Success
- $250,000 Slip and Fall Settlement
- $1.435 Million Settlement Against Three Defendants After Extensive Litigation
Premises Liability Lawyer Godfrey - FAQ's
Do you have legal questions you need answers to right now? Would you rather watch a client testimonial video? Burger Law has several FAQ's that answer many of those questions you may have, as well as client testimonials to really show you what the process is like with our firm. We also have a comprehensive FAQ section. Here are several Premises Liability questions answered:
Personal Injury Law Firm St. Louis - Legal Books
If you enjoy reading longer content, our Firm has created 4 books that can answer a wide range of questions surrounding personal injury law in Missouri and Illinois. Here are several free, downloadable books!
Premises Liability Lawyer in Godfrey - Can I sue?
There are a few factors that determine whether or not you should pursue a premises liability case.
1. Did you have to go to the hospital or see a doctor because of the accident? If you had to seek medical care, and the care was extensive, you may have a case. How do you know if you were seriously hurt? Surgery, broken bones, back issues, or injured limbs are considered serious issues. To have a legal claim, you must have been injured as a result of the dangerous condition. small injuries such as cuts, or injuries that don't require medical attention may be too costly to pursue legally.
2. Was the owner made aware, but did nothing to remedy the dangerous area? Did you see a sign stating the area was dangerous? Negligence, or a lack of action is required typically. If a floor was wet, and a warning sign was not posted, then the building owner can be held liable for the injuries. If a sign was posted, and you disregarded the warning and subsequently caused the injury yourself, your slip and fall claim will be weakened and you will have a more difficult time recovering damages.
Negligence and severity can be hard to determine, and if you need help, call our Premises Liability Lawyers in Godfrey immediately. We can help you.
Relevant Statutes in a Godfrey Premises Liability Case
Your legal status to be on the property is going to determine your recovery potential in the case. There are three main classifications of people in a slip and fall accident: invitees, licensees, and trespassers.
Invitees in Godfrey are defined in Bartel v. Central Markets, Inc. (Mo.App. 1995) as anyone who enters upon a premises with the express or implied consent of the possessor, and for some purpose of benefit or interest to the possessor or for the mutual benefit of both. Property owners have a duty to provide invitees with the highest standard of care by inspecting their property and fixing dangerous or hazardous conditions. In addition, property owners must disclose known dangerous conditions, as outlined in Harris v. Niehaus (Mo. banc. 1993), citing Restatement (2nd) Torts § 343 comment b.
Licensees are a person who is privileged to enter or remain on land only by virtue of the possessor’s consent, according to Restatement (2nd) Torts § 330; Harris, 875 S.W.2d at 225. Property owners only have a duty to warn licensees of a danger that the property owner knows about or should know about.
The last classification of people are trespassers. A trespasser—as defined by Restatement (2nd) Torts, § 329 (1965)—is a person who enters or remains upon land in the possession of another without a privilege to do so. Property owners generally are not liable for harm that caused to a trespasser. A Godfrey premises liability lawyer could help people with their case, regardless of what class of visitor they are.
Premises Liability Lawyer
You didn’t cause this accident, and you shouldn’t have to pay for it. Our Firm fights for the absolute full rights and complete recovery of our clients, and our Premises Liability lawyers in Godfrey will not stop till you receive 100% of what you are owed. Call our Premises Liability lawyers in Godfrey at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 to discuss your premises liability case today.