Premises Liability LawyerSilex, MO
If you slipped and fell in a grocery store, shopping mall, or in a parking lot, our premises liability lawyers in Silex can help.
Property owners have a responsibility to make sure that if their property is used for business or leisure, it has to be safe. However, not all property owners are responsible. How the accident happened doesn't matter now, you're hurt and you need help. You know the property owners are liable for certain types of accidents on the property, but you aren't sure if that includes you You aren't sure of the laws surrounding your type of accident. You need help.
Our Premises Liability Lawyers will fight for your full recovery and nothing less. You deserve to recover from this accident, and you deserve to be medically and financially compensated for your premises liability accident in Silex. To learn more about how our personal injury law firm will fight for your rights, call our team at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 to discuss your premises liability case today.
Premises Liability Lawyer Silex - Recent Victories
When choosing a lawyer, you should always pick based off of results. You have to win your case, and you need the law firm you choose to be dedicated to fighting for your full rights. A premises liability lawyer needs to have proof, and they need to have results. Here are several of our most recent victories as well as client testimonials:
- $0 to $70,000
- Burger Secures a $125,000 settlement in Auditorium Fall
- Slip and Fall $125,000 Success
- $250,000 Slip and Fall Settlement
- $1.435 Million Settlement Against Three Defendants After Extensive Litigation
Premises Liability Lawyer Silex - FAQ's
Do you have legal questions, but don't have time to step into an office right now? Do words from an actual person, taken on video, mean more than a Google review? Burger Law has several FAQ's that answer many of those questions you may have, as well as client testimonials to really show you what the process is like with our firm. We also have a comprehensive FAQ section. Here are several Premises Liability questions answered:
Personal Injury Law Firm St. Louis - Legal Books
If you enjoy reading longer content, our Firm has created 4 books that can answer a wide range of questions surrounding personal injury law in Missouri and Illinois. These are free, so download as you like!
Premises Liability Lawyer in Silex - Can I sue?
There are a few factors that determine whether or not you should pursue a premises liability case.
1. Did you have to go to the hospital or see a doctor because of the accident? If you had to seek medical care, and the care was extensive, you may have a case. How do you know if you were seriously hurt? Surgery, broken bones, back issues, or injured limbs are considered serious issues. Most importantly, if you're not injured, you don't have a claim. small injuries such as cuts, or injuries that don't require medical attention may be too costly to pursue legally.
2. Was the owner made aware, but did nothing to remedy the dangerous area? Was the area taped off? Negligence is key to most premises liability claims. Spills on floors, dangerous stairs, holes in floors, parking lots covered with ice, and other types of hazards can cause injuries, and properties owners can be held liable for those injuries. If a sign was posted, and you disregarded the warning and subsequently caused the injury yourself, your slip and fall claim will be weakened and you will have a more difficult time recovering damages.
Negligence and severity can be hard to determine, and if you need help, call our Premises Liability Lawyers in Silex immediately. We want to speak to you about your case to make sure you get the care and recover you need.
Relevant Statutes in a Silex Premises Liability Case
In a slip and fall or premises liability case, determining the legal status of the person hurt is important to determine if there is a recovery owed. The three classifications are: invitees, licensees, and trespassers.
Invitees in Silex are defined in Bartel v. Central Markets, Inc. (Mo.App. 1995) as anyone who enters upon a premises with the express or implied consent of the possessor, and for some purpose of benefit or interest to the possessor or for the mutual benefit of both. Property owners have a duty to provide invitees with the highest standard of care by inspecting their property and fixing dangerous or hazardous conditions. In addition, property owners must disclose known dangerous conditions, as outlined in Harris v. Niehaus (Mo. banc. 1993), citing Restatement (2nd) Torts § 343 comment b.
Licensees are a person who is privileged to enter or remain on land only by virtue of the possessor’s consent, according to Restatement (2nd) Torts § 330; Harris, 875 S.W.2d at 225. Property owners only have a duty to warn licensees of a danger that the property owner knows about or should know about.
The last classification of people are trespassers. A trespasser—as defined by Restatement (2nd) Torts, § 329 (1965)—is a person who enters or remains upon land in the possession of another without a privilege to do so. Property owners generally are not liable for harm that caused to a trespasser. A Silex premises liability lawyer could help people with their case, regardless of what class of visitor they are.
Premises Liability Lawyer
You didn't ask to be hurt, and you shouldn't have to fight to get the care you deserve. Our Firm is dedicated to fighting your full rights and recovery, and our Premises Liability lawyers in Silex will not stop till you receive 100% of what you are owed. Call our Premises Liability lawyers in Silex at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 to discuss your premises liability case today.