Semi-Truck Accidents Near You
Contact our firm if you have been in a truck-related accident.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers. You should not need to focus on the legalities of your case. Our semi-truck accident lawyers help victims get back on their feet. This includes full-service legal services, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after a crash. Do not hesitate to reach out to one of our semi-truck accident attorneys now to learn more about our firm. The Burger Law Firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward they deserve. Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What should you do after a semi-truck accident?
If you need an experienced and dedicated legal team to fight for your truck accident claim, call or contact our Truck Crash Lawyers at our firm today. You will not be charged with any legal fees unless we successfully win your case, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
You should prioritize wellness above all else. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and additional evidence is paramount for settling a truck accident case. You can read more about this in our FAQ about what to do after an injury.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you have been in a truck accident, one of the most important things you should do is find legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
- Rain or Bad Weather
If you are unfortunate to fall victim to a truck accident, the most important thing you can do is to contact a local truck crash lawyer as soon as possible. Usually, an attorney will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Information including medical reports and injury records, testimonies, police reports, and other documentation is important for getting a settlement. Luckily, our staff is available to help you from the beginning.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
Special and general damages may be available if you have been in a truck-related accident. Here are the most common:
- Lost Income: You are able to collect lost wages if you are injured in an accident.
- Medical Bills: X-rays, ambulance rides, rehabilitation, and other medical expenses may be compensated as well. This is why it is important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: Any ongoing pain or suffering such as anxiety, fear, PTSD, or depression is also considered.
- Additional Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This may include transportation, childcare, and other unexpected expenses due to an injury.
There are a wide range of damages that can be recovered. At Burger Law, we will look into every option to make sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation.
Being a diligent driver better protects you against the chance of an accident. Never drive if you have been drinking, and always wait to read a text until you get home. Burger Law’s semi-truck crash attorneys will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being safe. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Getting into a semi truck or car crash accident can be traumatizing.
You need to take any injury seriously. See the short video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Accident Results
Results matter with any type of legal claim. Our clients want to know that we are giving 100% to a case and win a reasonable settlement on their behalf. Here are a couple of auto accident claims we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
No matter the injury, it is very important to collect evidence. Typically, this would include:
- Medical records that show any injuries, broken bones, scarring, etc.
- Physical evidence, police reports, photos of the scene, and witness testimonies.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. You should track any pain and suffering, lost earning opportunities, and other negative effects after an accident.
The Burger Law team understands how difficult it may be to be a victim. Do not hesitate to call one of our attorneys today for more information. Preserving this information now will help solidify your claim later when you are using evidence to get what you are owed.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Many parties may be liable, including the manufacturer of the truck, the driver, the company, and other motorists.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident . Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault to semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Contact our semi-truck crash lawyers now for more information about compensation and what to do after an accident.
An auto accident can change you and your family’s life in a heartbeat. Below are a handful of resources created by our auto accident attorneys. View a web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
Regardless of whether you think the injury is serious or not, you should still see a doctor. The injury will not just go away. Once you have spoken with a doctor, contact our truck crash lawyers to make sure that the other party is held fully liable, and that all of your bills and needs are taken care of.
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?
- Who is Liable in a Truck Accident?
- How Do Policy Limits Affect My Case?
- How is liability determined in a weather-related accident?
- Do I have a case if my accident happened during bad weather?