Semi-Truck Accidents Champaign County, IL
You’ve been hurt in a truck crash, and now you need someone to fight for your rights.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Champaign County, IL. You should not need to focus on the legalities of your case. Our Champaign County, IL, semi-truck crash lawyers help victims get back on their feet. This includes full-service legal representation, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after a crash. Do not hesitate to reach out to one of Burger Law’s semi-truck accident attorneys in Champaign County, IL, today to get more information about our services. The Burger Law Firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward that they deserve. Burger Law’s Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What To Do After a Semi-Truck Accident in Champaign County, IL
When you are prepared to have an exceptional team fight for your rights during your truck accident claim, call or contact our Truck Crash Lawyers in Champaign County. We do not charge you with any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
One of your priorities should be to get medical treatment. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and additional evidence is paramount for settling a truck accident claim. You can read more about this in our FAQ about what to do after an injury in Champaign County, IL.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you were a victim in a Champaign County, IL, truck accident, one of the most important things you can do is get legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include the following:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
- Bad Weather
If you are unfortunate to fall victim to a truck accident, the most important action you can take is to contact a local Champaign County, IL, truck crash attorney as soon as possible. Typically, an attorney will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Information including medical reports and injury records, testimonies, police reports, and other documentation is important for getting a settlement. Luckily, our team is available to help you from the beginning.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
Special and general damages may be available if you have been in a truck-related accident. Here are a few:
- Lost Wages: If you are unable to work due to an injury, you may be able to collect lost wages up to a certain point.
- Medical Expenses: Any rehab, prescription drugs, surgeries, etc., you can have those expenses reimbursed. This is why it is so important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: Any ongoing pain or suffering such as anxiety, fear, PTSD, or depression is also considered.
- Additional Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This can include transportation, childcare, and other unexpected expenses due to an injury.
There are a wide range of damages that can be recovered. At Burger Law, we will look into every option to make sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation.
Staying safe and alert while driving can always help reduce the risk of an accident. Never drive if you have been drinking, and always wait to read a text until you get home. Burger Law’s Champaign County, IL, semi-truck crash attorneys will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being safe. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Being part of a semi truck or car crash accident in Champaign County, IL, may be traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Auto accident injuries can be severe. They can range from minor bruises, to full body paralysis and even death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from a truck-related accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries happen when the neck or head is thrown around in a forceful jerking motion. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – During an accident, if enough force is applied to the head or the neck, the brain can bounce back and forth inside the skull which may cause bleeding, swelling, bruising, or other serious injuries to the brain. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can take some time to heal, and often require lengthy amounts of rehabilitation before they are back to 100%.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is never immediately apparent, but can quickly cause death if not treated. Internal bleeding is a dangerous injury where your blood leaks from the organs inside your body and causes blood loss that is not visible from the outside.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries occur when your spine attempts to control the motion of your body against an extreme amount of force. The spinal cord allows you to control your limbs, and also allows you to walk upright without any issues. Often, any injuries to your spine can result in serious loss of motor function in your limbs.
While these are the most common injuries that we see, if you have any other medical ailments that arose from a semi-truck accident in Champaign County, you need to speak with our lawyers to best protect your health and your recovery.
You need to take any injury seriously. See the video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Accident Victories
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our clients want to know that we are giving 100% to a case and win a reasonable settlement on their behalf. Here are a couple of auto accident claims we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas our firm specialize in:
No matter the injury, it is very important to gather evidence. Typically, this would include:
- Medical records that show any injuries, broken bones, scarring, etc.
- Witness testimonies, photos of the accident, and police reports.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. You should track any pain and suffering, lost earning opportunities, and other negative effects after an accident.
Burger Law understands how difficult it is to be a victim. Do not hesitate to contact one of our attorneys today for more information. Recording everything exactly as it happened will help ensure that you get what you are owed.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Many parties may be liable, including the manufacturer of the truck, the driver, the company, and other motorists.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Champaign County, IL. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault to semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Get in touch with our Champaign County, IL, semi-truck accident lawyers now for more information about these types of cases and what to do if you are in an accident.
Your entire life can change if you or a family member have been in an auto accident. Below are a few resources created by our Champaign County, IL, auto accident lawyers. View a web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
When you are injured in a truck accident, the first step you should always take is going to a doctor to make sure you are OK. Do not try to walk the injury off — your life may depend on you receiving qualified medical care. Once a medical professional has seen to your injuries you should immediately talk to our truck crash lawyers in Champaign County, IL, to see how we can help you with your claim, hold the other party liable for the accidents, and ensure that you get the recovery you deserve for your injuries.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?
- Who is Liable in a Truck Accident?
- How Do Policy Limits Affect My Case?
- How is liability determined in a weather-related accident?