Semi-Truck Accidents Crown Point, IN
Contact our firm if you have been in a truck-related accident.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Crown Point, IN. You should not need to focus on the legalities of your case. Our Crown Point, IN, semi-truck crash attorneys help victims get back on their feet. This includes full-service legal representation, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after an accident. Do not hesitate to reach out to one of our semi-truck accident lawyers in Crown Point, IN, today to get more information about our services. The Burger Law Firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward that they deserve. Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What should you do after a semi-truck accident in Crown Point?
If you need an experienced and dedicated legal team to fight for your truck accident claim, call or contact our Truck Crash Lawyers in Crown Point. We do not charge you with any fees unless we successfully win your case, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
You should prioritize wellness above all else. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and other evidence is paramount for settling an injury case. You can read more about that in our FAQ about what to do after an injury in Crown Point, IN.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you were a victim in a Crown Point, IN, truck accident, the most important things you should do is get legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
- Bad Weather
If you are unfortunate to fall victim to a truck accident, the most important thing you can do is to contact a local Crown Point, IN, truck crash lawyer as soon as possible. Basically, an attorney will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Medical records, crash reports, eye-witness testimonies, and other information is incredibly important. Fortunately, our team is available to help you from the beginning.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
Special and general damages may be available if you have been in a truck-related accident. Here are the most common:
- Lost Wages: You are able to collect lost wages if you are injured in an accident.
- Medical Expenses: Any rehab, prescription drugs, surgeries, etc., you can have those expenses reimbursed. This is why it is important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: When it comes to damages, any ongoing pain, depression, PTSD, or even anxiety is considered.
- Additional Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This may include transportation, childcare, and other unexpected expenses due to an injury.
There are a wide range of damages that can be recovered. At Burger Law, we will look into every option to make sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation.
Following the driving laws of your state can better protect you against an accident. Under no circumstances should you get behind the wheel if you’ve been drinking, and you should absolutely never text and drive. Our Crown Point, IN, semi-truck crash attorneys will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being safe. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Being part of a semi truck or car crash accident in Crown Point, IN, is traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Truck crashes are violent events, even at low speeds. When these accidents happen, they can leave broken bones, internal injuries, and even cause death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from a truck-related accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries are one of the most common types of car accident injuries, and involve the head and neck. Typically, these types of injuries are caused when a vehicle is struck from a location the driver isn’t suspecting. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – During an accident, if enough force is applied to the head or the neck, the brain can bounce back and forth inside the skull which may cause bleeding, swelling, bruising, or other serious injuries to the brain. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – Broken Bones are caused by either abrupt force that shatters the bone, or an amount of weight or pressure that causes the bone to bend and break. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can take some time to heal, and often require lengthy amounts of rehabilitation before they are back to 100%.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is a particularly dangerous injury that can result from an auto accident because the injury isn’t immediately apparent. Internal bleeding is different from an exterior wound because the bleeding occurs inside your body, which causes blood loss that isn’t visibly apparent until much later.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Much like whiplash injuries or concussions, spinal injuries are caused by an extreme amount of force that causes the spine to either move in an unnatural direction, or bends due to an incredible amount of force. The spinal cord is integral to the motor functions of your body. If your spine is damaged in an accident, you could suffer from serious injuries permanently.
You do not have to suffer in silence, nor live with your injuries if you’ve been in a semi-truck accident in Crown Point, you need to speak with our lawyers to ensure that your case is taken care of professionally and seriously.
You should even take any injury seriously. See the short video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Accident Victories
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Clients expect our legal team to give 100% to every case we take on in order to reach a reasonable settlement. Here are a couple of auto accident claims we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas our firm specialize in:
No matter the injury, it is very important to collect evidence. This includes:
- Medical records that show any injuries, broken bones, scarring, etc.
- Physical evidence, police reports, photos of the scene, and witness testimonies.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. You should track any pain and suffering, lost earning opportunities, and other negative effects after an accident.
Our firm understands how difficult it is to be a victim. Do not hesitate to contact one of our attorneys now for more information. Correct and Accurate documentation of a semi-truck accident is the difference between protecting your claim and getting the care you need, and being denied critical medical services or financial reimbursement.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Many parties may be liable, including the manufacturer of the truck, the driver, the company, and other motorists.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Crown Point, IN. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault for semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Reach out to our Crown Point, IN, semi-truck accident attorneys today for more information about these types of cases and what to do if you are in an accident.
Your entire life can change if you or a family member have been in an auto accident. Below are a few resources created by Burger Law’s Crown Point, IN, auto accident attorneys. View a web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
Regardless of whether you think the injury is serious or not, you should still see a doctor. Before you try to shrug the injury off, let a doctor look at it first. Once you have spoken with a doctor, contact our truck crash lawyers in Crown Point, IN, so that we can take on your claim and fight for your right every step of the way.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?
- Who is Liable in a Truck Accident?
- How Do Policy Limits Affect My Case?
- How is liability determined in a weather-related accident?