Semi-Truck Accidents Deerfield, IL
You’ve been hurt in a truck crash, and now you need someone to fight for your rights.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Deerfield, IL. You should not spend any time worrying about the complexities of truck accident law or liability. Burger Law’s Deerfield, IL, truck crash attorneys help victims and their families get back on their feet. This includes full-service legal representation, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after a crash. Do not hesitate to call one of Burger Law’s semi-truck accident lawyers in Deerfield, IL, today to learn more about our firm. The Burger Law Firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward that they deserve. Burger Law’s Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What should you do after a semi-truck accident in Deerfield?
When you are prepared to have an exceptional team fight for your rights during your truck accident claim, call or contact our Truck Crash Attorneys in Deerfield. We do not charge you with any legal fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
You should prioritize wellness above all else. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and additional evidence is paramount for settling a truck accident case. You can read more about that in our FAQ about what to do after an injury in Deerfield, IL.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you were a victim in a Deerfield, IL, truck accident, one of the most important things you can do is find legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
- Rain or Bad Weather
If you are unfortunate to fall victim to a truck accident, the most important thing you can do is to contact a local Deerfield, IL, truck crash lawyer as soon as possible. Usually, an attorney will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Information including medical reports and injury records, testimonies, police reports, and other documentation is important for getting a settlement. Fortunately, our team is available to help you from start to finish.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
Special and general damages may be available if you have been in a truck-related accident. Here are a few:
- Lost Income: You are able to collect lost wages if you are injured in an accident.
- Medical Expenses: Any rehab, prescription drugs, surgeries, etc., you can have those expenses reimbursed. This is why it’s so important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: Any ongoing pain or suffering such as anxiety, fear, PTSD, or depression is also considered.
- Additional Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This can include transportation, childcare, and other unexpected expenses due to an injury.
There are a wide range of damages that can be recovered. Our legal team will investigate every opportunity for compensation.
Adhering to responsible driving habits can help keep you and your loved ones safe. Your life and your family are more important than drinking and driving or responding to any text. Our Deerfield, IL, semi-truck crash lawyers will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being safe. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Getting into a semi truck or car crash accident in Deerfield, IL, may be traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Truck crashes are violent events, even at low speeds. When these accidents happen, they can leave broken bones, internal injuries, and even cause death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from an auto accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries are one of the most common types of car accident injuries, and involve the head and neck. This force happens when a vehicle strikes an object on the road and causes the momentum of the vehicle to rapidly change. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions, much like whiplash injuries, are caused by force and result from the brain bouncing back and forth inside the cranium. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken Bones often take months or even in rare cases, years to heal.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding, while not immediately apparent after an injury, can quickly lead to more serious medical issues and even death. Internal bleeding is caused when organs inside your body are pierced or ruptured due to force, and then release blood or other liquids into your body that can cause swelling and blood loss.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries are often severe injuries because the nervous system of your body relies upon your spine and when it’s damaged, you can lose the function of your limbs. The spinal cord is the main avenue that your brain uses to send commands throughout your body. Any damage to your spine can often result in serious injuries throughout other areas of the body.
Whether your injury was listed above, or you have another issue that was caused by a semi-truck accident in Deerfield, you need to speak with our lawyers immediately to ensure that you get the medical care and attention that you deserve.
You need to take any injury seriously. See the short video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Crash Victories
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Clients expect our legal team to give 100% to every case we take on in order to reach a reasonable settlement. Below are a few recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas our firm specialize in:
No matter the injury, it is very important to gather evidence. This includes:
- Medical records that show any injuries, broken bones, scarring, etc.
- Physical evidence, police reports, photos of the scene, and witness testimonies.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. Pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and lost wages also come into play.
The Burger Law team understands how difficult it is to be a victim. Do not hesitate to call one of our attorneys now for more information. Protecting your accident claim when it happens can help ensure that you get the recovery you need and financial settlement you deserve.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Liable parties may include other motorists, the semi-truck company, the driver, the owner of the truck, or even the truck’s manufacturer.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Deerfield, IL. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault for semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Reach out to our Deerfield, IL, semi-truck crash attorneys now for more information about these types of cases and what to do if you are in an accident.
An auto accident can change you and your family’s life in a heartbeat. Below are a few resources created by our Deerfield, IL, auto accident lawyers. Check out our web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
Always go to a doctor after any serious injury. Before you try to shrug the injury off, let a doctor look at it first. Once you have spoken with a doctor, contact our truck crash lawyers in Deerfield, IL, to get the recovery and financial assistance your claim deserves.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Should I Do as the Passenger in a Car Accident?
- Why Is the Insurance Company Motivated to Settle?
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?