Semi-Truck Accidents Des Peres, MO
Contact our firm if you have been in a truck-related accident.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Des Peres, MO. The last thing you should worry about are depositions, legal contracts, or other legal matters involving your case or claim. Our Des Peres, MO, semi-truck crash attorneys help victims and their families get back on their feet. This may include full-service legal representation, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after a wreck. Do not hesitate to contact one of our semi-truck accident lawyers in Des Peres, MO, now to learn more about our firm. The Burger Law Firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward they deserve. Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What To Do After a Semi-Truck Accident in Des Peres, MO
If you need an experienced and dedicated legal team to fight for your truck accident claim, call or contact our Truck Crash Attorneys in Des Peres. We do not charge you with any fees unless we successfully win your case, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
One of your priorities should be to get medical treatment. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and other evidence is paramount for settling a truck accident case. You can read more about this in our FAQ about what to do after an injury in Des Peres, MO.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you have been in a truck accident in Des Peres, MO, one of the most important things you should do is get legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include the following:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
If you are ever in one of these types of accidents, the most important thing you can do is to contact a local Des Peres, MO, truck crash lawyer as soon as possible. Usually, a lawyer will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Information including medical reports and injury records, testimonies, police reports, and other documentation is important for getting a settlement. Fortunately, our staff is available to help you from start to finish.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
Special and general damages may be available if you have been in a truck-related accident. Here are the most common:
- Lost Income: If you are unable to work due to an injury, you may be able to collect lost wages up to a certain point.
- Medical Bills: Any rehab, prescription drugs, surgeries, etc., you can have those expenses reimbursed. This is why it is important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: Any ongoing pain or suffering such as anxiety, fear, PTSD, or depression is also considered.
- Additional Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This can include transportation, childcare, and other unexpected expenses due to an injury.
There are a wide range of damages that can be recovered. Our legal team will investigate every opportunity for compensation.
Following the driving laws of your state can better protect you against an accident. Under no circumstances should you get behind the wheel if you’ve been drinking, and you should absolutely never text and drive. Our Des Peres, MO, semi-truck crash attorneys will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being a responsible driver. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Being part of a semi truck or car crash accident in Des Peres, MO, is traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Auto accidents are traumatic, violent events that can cause serious life-changing injuries. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from an auto accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries are one of the most common types of car accident injuries, and involve the head and neck. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions, much like whiplash injuries, are caused by force and result from the brain bouncing back and forth inside the cranium. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – In Car Accidents, broken bones occur when a limb is either forced in an unnatural direction, or when it collides with a surface and breaks under the pressure. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken Bones often take months or even in rare cases, years to heal.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is a particularly dangerous injury that can result from an auto accident because the injury isn’t immediately apparent. Internal bleeding is a dangerous injury where your blood leaks from the organs inside your body and causes blood loss that is not visible from the outside.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Whenever enough force or torque is applied to the spine, severe injuries can occur. The spinal cord is integral to the motor functions of your body. Any damage to your spine can often result in serious injuries throughout other areas of the body.
You do not have to suffer in silence, nor live with your injuries if you’ve been in a semi-truck accident in Des Peres, you need to speak with our lawyers as soon as possible.
You need to take any injury seriously. See the video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Accident Victories
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our clients want to know that we are giving 100% to a case and win a reasonable settlement on their behalf. Here are a couple of auto accident claims we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas our firm specialize in:
No matter the injury, it is very important to collect evidence. Typically, this would include:
- Medical records that show any injuries, broken bones, scarring, etc.
- Witness testimonies, photos of the accident, and police reports.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. You should track any pain and suffering, lost earning opportunities, and other negative effects after an accident.
Burger Law understands how difficult it is to be a victim. Do not hesitate to contact one of our attorneys now for more information. Correct and Accurate documentation of a semi-truck accident is the difference between protecting your claim and getting the care you need, and being denied critical medical services or financial reimbursement.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Liable parties may include other motorists, the semi-truck company, the driver, the owner of the truck, or even the truck’s manufacturer.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Des Peres, MO. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault for semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Contact our Des Peres, MO, semi-truck accident lawyers now for more information about compensation and what to do after an accident.
Your entire life can change if you or a family member have been in an auto accident. Below are a handful of resources created by Burger Law’s Des Peres, MO, auto accident lawyers. Check out our web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
Regardless of whether you think the injury is serious or not, you should still see a doctor. Before you try to shrug the injury off, let a doctor look at it first. Once a medical professional has seen to your injuries you should immediately talk to our truck crash lawyers in Des Peres, MO, to get the recovery and financial assistance your claim deserves.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?
- Who is Liable in a Truck Accident?
- How Do Policy Limits Affect My Case?
- How is liability determined in a weather-related accident?