Semi-Truck Accidents Elk Grove Village, IL
Contact our firm if you have been in a truck-related accident.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Elk Grove Village, IL. You should not need to focus on the legalities of your case. Our Elk Grove Village, IL, truck accident attorneys help clients get back on their feet. This may include full-service legal representation, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after an accident. Do not hesitate to reach out to one of Burger Law’s semi-truck accident attorneys in Elk Grove Village, IL, now to learn more about our firm. The Burger Law Firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward that they deserve. Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What should you do after a semi-truck accident in Elk Grove Village?
If you need an experienced and dedicated legal team to fight for your truck accident claim, call or contact our Truck Crash Attorneys in Elk Grove Village. You will not be charged with any legal fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
One of your priorities should be to get medical treatment. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and other evidence is paramount for settling a truck accident claim. You can read more about this in our FAQ about information you need to collect after an auto accident in Elk Grove Village, IL.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you have been in a truck accident in Elk Grove Village, IL, one of the most important things you should do is find legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
- Rain or Bad Weather
If you are unfortunate to fall victim to a truck accident, the most important thing you can do is to contact a local Elk Grove Village, IL, truck crash attorney as soon as possible. Basically, a lawyer will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Information including medical reports and injury records, testimonies, police reports, and other documentation is important for getting a settlement. Fortunately, our team is available to help you from start to finish.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you may be compensated for a variety of special and general damages. Here are a few:
- Lost Wages: You are able to collect lost wages if you are injured in an accident.
- Medical Bills: X-rays, ambulance rides, rehabilitation, and other medical expenses may be compensated as well. This is why it is so important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: Any ongoing pain or suffering such as anxiety, fear, PTSD, or depression is also considered.
- Additional Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This can include childcare, transportation to and from a hospital, a rental car, and other expenses that are a result of your injury.
There are a wide range of damages that may be recovered. Our legal team will investigate every opportunity for compensation.
Adhering to responsible driving habits can help keep you and your loved ones safe. Never drive if you have been drinking, and always wait to read a text until you get home. Burger Law’s Elk Grove Village, IL, semi-truck crash attorneys will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being a responsible driver. You do not have to handle an auto accident on your own. Being part of a semi truck or car crash accident in Elk Grove Village, IL, may be traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Truck crashes are violent events, even at low speeds. When these accidents happen, they can leave broken bones, internal injuries, and even cause death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from a truck-related accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries happen when an extreme amount of force is applied to the head and neck, and causes trauma. The force is created when a vehicle in motion is struck from a direction that it is not traveling. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – During an accident, if enough force is applied to the head or the neck, the brain can bounce back and forth inside the skull which may cause bleeding, swelling, bruising, or other serious injuries to the brain. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – Broken Bones are very common in car accidents because of the traumatic amount of force that can be applied to the bones. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can take some time to heal, and often require lengthy amounts of rehabilitation before they are back to 100%.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding, while not immediately apparent after an injury, can quickly lead to more serious medical issues and even death. Internal bleeding is caused when organs inside your body are pierced or ruptured due to force, and then release blood or other liquids into your body that can cause swelling and blood loss.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Whenever enough force or torque is applied to the spine, severe injuries can occur. The spinal cord allows you to control your limbs, and also allows you to walk upright without any issues. When this is damaged, you can be partially or even permanently paralyzed.
If you are suffering from any of the above types of injuries, or another type of injury that resulted from a semi-truck accident in Elk Grove Village, you need to speak with our attorneys to ensure that your case is taken care of professionally and seriously.
You should even take any injury seriously. See the short video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Crash Victories
Results matter with any type of legal claim. Our clients want to know that we are giving 100% to a case and win a reasonable settlement on their behalf. Below are a few recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas our firm specialize in:
No matter what the injury is, it is very important to gather evidence. Typically, this would include:
- Medical bills and records, x-rays, and a doctor’s report.
- Witness testimonies, photos of the accident, and police reports.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. Pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and lost wages also come into play.
Our firm understands how difficult it is to be a victim. Do not hesitate to contact one of our attorneys today for more information. Protecting your accident claim when it happens can help ensure that you get the recovery you need and financial settlement you deserve.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Many parties may be liable, including the manufacturer of the truck, the driver, the company, and other motorists.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Elk Grove Village, IL. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault for semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Get in touch with Burger Law’s Elk Grove Village, IL, semi-truck accident lawyers now for more information about these types of cases and what to do if you are in an accident.
Your entire life can change if you or a family member have been in an auto accident. Below are a handful of resources created by Burger Law’s Elk Grove Village, IL, auto accident lawyers. Check out our web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
Regardless of whether you think the injury is serious or not, you should still see a doctor. Do not try to walk the injury off — your life may depend on you receiving qualified medical care. After you have seen to your medical care, speak with our truck crash lawyers in Elk Grove Village, IL, to see how we can help you with your claim, hold the other party liable for the accidents, and ensure that you get the recovery you deserve for your injuries.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?
- Who is Liable in a Truck Accident?
- How Do Policy Limits Affect My Case?
- How is liability determined in a weather-related accident?