Semi-Truck Accidents Fishers, IN
You’ve been hurt in a truck crash, and now you need someone to fight for your rights.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Fishers, IN. The last thing on your mind should be worrying about court dates or legal jargon. Our Fishers, IN, semi-truck accident attorneys help victims and their families get back on their feet. This may include full-service legal representation, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after a crash. Do not hesitate to reach out to one of our semi-truck accident attorneys in Fishers, IN, today to get more information about our services. Our firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward they deserve. Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What should you do after a semi-truck accident in Fishers?
When you are ready to have qualified and aggressive legal representation take on your accident claim, call or contact our Truck Crash Lawyers in Fishers. You will not be charged with any legal fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
You should prioritize wellness above all else. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and additional evidence is paramount for settling a truck accident case. You can read more about that in our FAQ about what to do after an injury in Fishers, IN.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you have been in a truck accident in Fishers, IN, one of the most important things you should do is get legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include the following:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
If you are ever in one of these types of accidents, the most important thing you can do is to contact a local Fishers, IN, truck crash attorney as soon as possible. Basically, an attorney will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Medical records, crash reports, eye-witness testimonies, and other information is incredibly important. Luckily, our staff is available to help you from start to finish.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you may be compensated for a variety of special and general damages. Here are the most common:
- Lost Wages: You are able to collect lost wages if you are injured in an accident.
- Medical Expenses: Any rehab, prescription drugs, surgeries, etc., you can have those expenses reimbursed. This is why it is so important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: Any ongoing pain or suffering such as anxiety, fear, PTSD, or depression is also considered.
- Other Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This can include childcare, transportation to and from a hospital, a rental car, and other expenses that are a result of your injury.
There are a wide range of damages that can be recovered. Our legal team will investigate every opportunity for compensation.
Following safe driving practices while on the road can help keep you safe from accidents. Your life and your family are more important than drinking and driving or responding to any text. Burger Law’s Fishers, IN, semi-truck crash lawyers will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being safe. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Getting into a semi truck or car crash accident in Fishers, IN, can be traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Auto injuries can range in severity from minor bumps and bruises to major injuries that can include broken bones, serious concussions, and even death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from a truck-related accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries happen when the neck or head is thrown around in a forceful jerking motion. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – During an accident, if enough force is applied to the head or the neck, the brain can bounce back and forth inside the skull which may cause bleeding, swelling, bruising, or other serious injuries to the brain. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can take some time to heal, and often require lengthy amounts of rehabilitation before they are back to 100%.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is a particularly dangerous injury that can result from an auto accident because the injury isn’t immediately apparent. Internal bleeding occurs when the organs inside your body are either punctured or rupture from the force of an accident.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Much like whiplash injuries or concussions, spinal injuries are caused by an extreme amount of force that causes the spine to either move in an unnatural direction, or bends due to an incredible amount of force. The spinal cord is the main avenue that your brain uses to send commands throughout your body. If your spine is damaged in an accident, you could suffer from serious injuries permanently.
Whether your injury was listed above, or you have another issue that was caused by a semi-truck accident in Fishers, you need to speak with our lawyers as soon as possible.
You need to take any injury seriously. See the short video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Accident Results
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Clients expect our legal team to give 100% to every case we take on in order to reach a reasonable settlement. Below are a few recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas our firm specialize in:
No matter what the injury is, it is very important to gather evidence. Typically, this would include:
- Medical bills and records, x-rays, and a doctor’s report.
- Witness testimonies, photos of the accident, and police reports.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. You should track any pain and suffering, lost earning opportunities, and other negative effects after an accident.
Burger Law understands how difficult it may be to be a victim. Do not hesitate to contact one of our attorneys today for more information. Correct and Accurate documentation of a semi-truck accident is the difference between protecting your claim and getting the care you need, and being denied critical medical services or financial reimbursement.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Liable parties may include other motorists, the semi-truck company, the driver, the owner of the truck, or even the truck’s manufacturer.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Fishers, IN. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault to semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Reach out to Burger Law’s Fishers, IN, semi-truck accident lawyers today for more information about these types of cases and what to do if you are in an accident.
Your entire life can change if you or a family member have been in an auto accident. Below are a handful of resources created by our Fishers, IN, auto accident lawyers. Check out our web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
Any injury sustained during an accident should always be looked at by a trained physician. No matter how tough you may think you are, your injury could be life threatening. Once you have spoken with a doctor, contact our truck crash lawyers in Fishers, IN, to see how we can help you with your claim, hold the other party liable for the accidents, and ensure that you get the recovery you deserve for your injuries.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?
- Who is Liable in a Truck Accident?
- How Do Policy Limits Affect My Case?
- How is liability determined in a weather-related accident?