Semi-Truck Accidents Jefferson County, KY
You’ve been hurt in a truck crash, and now you need someone to fight for your rights.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Jefferson County, KY. The last thing on your mind should be worrying about court dates or legal jargon. Our Jefferson County, KY, semi-truck crash lawyers help victims get back on their feet. This includes full-service legal services, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after a crash. Do not hesitate to contact one of our semi-truck accident attorneys in Jefferson County, KY, today to learn more about our firm. The Burger Law Firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward they deserve. Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What should you do after a semi-truck accident in Jefferson County?
When you are ready to have qualified and aggressive legal representation take on your accident claim, call or contact our Truck Crash Lawyers in Jefferson County. You will not be charged with any legal fees unless we successfully win your case, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
One of your priorities should be to get medical treatment. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and other evidence is paramount for settling a truck accident claim. You can read more about this in our FAQ about information you need to collect after an auto accident in Jefferson County, KY.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you were a victim in a Jefferson County, KY, truck accident, the most important things you should do is get legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include the following:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
If you are ever in one of these types of accidents, the most important thing you can do is to contact a local Jefferson County, KY, truck crash attorney as soon as possible. Basically, an attorney will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Information including medical reports and injury records, testimonies, police reports, and other documentation is important for getting a settlement. Luckily, our staff is available to help you from the beginning.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
Special and general damages may be available if you have been in a truck-related accident. Here are the most common:
- Lost Wages: If you are unable to work due to an injury, you may be able to collect lost wages up to a certain point.
- Medical Bills: X-rays, ambulance rides, rehabilitation, and other medical expenses may be compensated as well. This is why it is so important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: Any ongoing pain or suffering such as anxiety, fear, PTSD, or depression is also considered.
- Other Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This can include transportation, childcare, and other unexpected expenses due to an injury.
There are a wide range of damages that may be recovered. At Burger Law, we will look into every option to make sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation.
Staying safe and alert while driving can always help reduce the risk of an accident. Never drive if you have been drinking, and always wait to read a text until you get home. Burger Law’s Jefferson County, KY, semi-truck crash lawyers will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being a responsible driver. You do not have to handle an auto accident on your own. Being part of a semi truck or car crash accident in Jefferson County, KY, may be traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Truck crashes are violent events, even at low speeds. When these accidents happen, they can leave broken bones, internal injuries, and even cause death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from a truck accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries typically happen when a vehicle is forced to abruptly stop and the head and neck are jerked to the side or back and forth. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions are caused by the forceful motion of the brain inside the skull, to the point that bruising or swelling can occur. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – In Car Accidents, broken bones occur when a limb is either forced in an unnatural direction, or when it collides with a surface and breaks under the pressure. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can cause a loss of work, loss of function of the limb, and cause other health complications.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is a particularly dangerous injury that can result from an auto accident because the injury isn’t immediately apparent. Internal bleeding is different from an exterior wound because the bleeding occurs inside your body, which causes blood loss that isn’t visibly apparent until much later.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal injuries are serious injuries that can affect your mobility and the motor function of your limbs. The spinal cord is integral to the motor functions of your body. When this is damaged, you can be partially or even permanently paralyzed.
Your recovery and your financial health may be at stake if you have been involved in a semi-truck accident in Jefferson County, you need to speak with our lawyers as soon as possible.
You should even take any injury seriously. See the short video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Crash Results
Results matter with any type of legal claim. Clients expect our legal team to give 100% to every case we take on in order to reach a reasonable settlement. Below are a few recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas our firm specialize in:
No matter the injury, it is very important to collect evidence. This includes:
- Medical bills and records, x-rays, and a doctor’s report.
- Witness testimonies, photos of the accident, and police reports.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. You should track any pain and suffering, lost earning opportunities, and other negative effects after an accident.
The Burger Law team understands how difficult it may be to be a victim. Do not hesitate to call one of our attorneys now for more information. Correct and Accurate documentation of a semi-truck accident is the difference between protecting your claim and getting the care you need, and being denied critical medical services or financial reimbursement.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Many parties may be liable, including the manufacturer of the truck, the driver, the company, and other motorists.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Jefferson County, KY. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault to semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Contact Burger Law’s Jefferson County, KY, semi-truck crash lawyers today for more information about compensation and what to do after an accident.
Your entire life can change if you or a family member have been in an auto accident. Below are a handful of resources created by Burger Law’s Jefferson County, KY, auto accident lawyers. View a web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
When you are injured in a truck accident, the first step you should always take is going to a doctor to make sure you are OK. No matter how tough you may think you are, your injury could be life threatening. Once a medical professional has seen to your injuries you should immediately talk to our truck crash lawyers in Jefferson County, KY, to get the recovery and financial assistance your claim deserves.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Should I Do as the Passenger in a Car Accident?
- Why Is the Insurance Company Motivated to Settle?
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?