Semi-Truck Accidents Johnson County, KS
Are you looking for someone to fight for you? Burger Law provides experienced legal representation.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Johnson County, KS. You should not need to focus on the legalities of your case. Burger Law’s Johnson County, KS, truck crash lawyers help clients get back on their feet. This includes full-service legal services, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after a crash. Do not hesitate to call one of our semi-truck accident lawyers in Johnson County, KS, today to see how we can help. The Burger Law Firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward they deserve. Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What To Do After a Semi-Truck Accident in Johnson County, KS
When you are prepared to have an exceptional team fight for your rights during your truck accident claim, call or contact our Truck Crash Attorneys in Johnson County. You will not be charged with any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
One of your priorities should be to get medical treatment. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and additional evidence is paramount for settling an injury claim. You can read more about that in our FAQ about what to do after an injury in Johnson County, KS.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you have been in a truck accident in Johnson County, KS, one of the most important things you can do is get legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
If you are ever in one of these types of accidents, the most important thing you can do is to contact a local Johnson County, KS, truck crash lawyer as soon as possible. Usually, an attorney will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Information including medical reports and injury records, testimonies, police reports, and other documentation is important for getting a settlement. Fortunately, our staff is available to help you from the beginning.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you may be compensated for a variety of special and general damages. Here are a few:
- Lost Wages: If you are unable to work due to an injury, you may be able to collect lost wages up to a certain point.
- Medical Bills: X-rays, ambulance rides, rehabilitation, and other medical expenses may be compensated as well. This is why it’s so important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: Any ongoing pain or suffering such as anxiety, fear, PTSD, or depression is also considered.
- Additional Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This can include childcare, transportation to and from a hospital, a rental car, and other expenses that are a result of your injury.
There are a wide range of damages that can be recovered. At Burger Law, we will look into every option to make sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation.
Being a diligent driver better protects you against the chance of an accident. Never drive if you have been drinking, and always wait to read a text until you get home. Burger Law’s Johnson County, KS, semi-truck crash lawyers will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being safe. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Getting into a semi truck or car crash accident in Johnson County, KS, may be traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Auto injuries can range in severity from minor bumps and bruises to major injuries that can include broken bones, serious concussions, and even death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from a truck-related accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries occur due to a forceful jerking motion applied on the neck. The force is created when a vehicle in motion is struck from a direction that it is not traveling. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions are caused by the forceful motion of the brain inside the skull, to the point that bruising or swelling can occur. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can cause a loss of work, loss of function of the limb, and cause other health complications.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is a particularly dangerous injury that can result from an auto accident because the injury isn’t immediately apparent. Internal bleeding is different from an exterior wound because the bleeding occurs inside your body, which causes blood loss that isn’t visibly apparent until much later.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries are often severe injuries because the nervous system of your body relies upon your spine and when it’s damaged, you can lose the function of your limbs. The spinal cord is the main avenue that your brain uses to send commands throughout your body. Often, any injuries to your spine can result in serious loss of motor function in your limbs.
Whether your injury was listed above, or you have another issue that was caused by a semi-truck accident in Johnson County, you need to speak with our attorneys as soon as possible.
You should even take any injury seriously. See the video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Crash Results
Results matter with any type of legal claim. Our clients want to know that we are giving 100% to a case and win a reasonable settlement on their behalf. Here are a couple of auto accident claims we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas we specialize in:
No matter what the injury is, it is very important to gather evidence. Typically, this would include:
- Medical records that show any injuries, broken bones, scarring, etc.
- Physical evidence, police reports, photos of the scene, and witness testimonies.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. Pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and lost wages also come into play.
Burger Law understands how difficult it is to be a victim. Do not hesitate to call one of our attorneys now for more information. Recording everything exactly as it happened will help ensure that you get what you are owed.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Liable parties may include other motorists, the semi-truck company, the driver, the owner of the truck, or even the truck’s manufacturer.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Johnson County, KS. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault to semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Get in touch with our Johnson County, KS, semi-truck accident lawyers now for more information about these types of cases and what to do if you are in an accident.
Your entire life can change if you or a family member have been in an auto accident. Below are a handful of resources created by Burger Law’s Johnson County, KS, auto accident lawyers. View a web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
The responsible action to take after an accident is to see a doctor and allow them to make medically trained decisions regarding your injuries. Do not try to walk the injury off — your life may depend on you receiving qualified medical care. After you have seen to your medical care, speak with our truck crash lawyers in Johnson County, KS, to make sure that the other party is held fully liable, and that all of your bills and needs are taken care of.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Should I Do as the Passenger in a Car Accident?
- Why Is the Insurance Company Motivated to Settle?
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?