Semi-Truck Accidents Liberty, MO
Are you looking for someone to fight for you? Burger Law provides experienced legal representation.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Liberty, MO. You should not spend any time worrying about the complexities of truck accident law or liability. Our Liberty, MO, truck accident lawyers help victims and their families get back on their feet. This includes full-service legal representation, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after a wreck. Do not hesitate to reach out to one of Burger Law’s semi-truck accident attorneys in Liberty, MO, today to get more information about our services. The Burger Law Firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward they deserve. Burger Law’s Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What should you do after a semi-truck accident in Liberty?
If you need an experienced and dedicated legal team to fight for your truck accident claim, call or contact our Truck Crash Attorneys in Liberty. You will not be charged with any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
One of your priorities should be to get medical treatment. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and other evidence is paramount for settling a truck accident claim. You can read more about this in our FAQ about information you need to collect after an auto accident in Liberty, MO.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you were a victim in a Liberty, MO, truck accident, the most important things you should do is get legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include the following:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
- Bad Weather
If you are unfortunate to fall victim to a truck accident, the most important action you can take is to contact a local Liberty, MO, truck crash lawyer as soon as possible. Typically, an attorney will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Information including medical reports and injury records, testimonies, police reports, and other documentation is important for getting a settlement. Luckily, our staff is available to help you from the beginning.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
Special and general damages may be available if you have been in a truck-related accident. Here are the most common:
- Lost Wages: If you are unable to work due to an injury, you may be able to collect lost wages up to a certain point.
- Medical Bills: X-rays, ambulance rides, rehabilitation, and other medical expenses may be compensated as well. This is why it’s important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: Any ongoing pain or suffering such as anxiety, fear, PTSD, or depression is also considered.
- Other Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This can include childcare, transportation to and from a hospital, a rental car, and other expenses that are a result of your injury.
There are a wide range of damages that may be recovered. Our legal team will investigate every opportunity for compensation.
Being a diligent driver better protects you against the chance of an accident. There is no excuse for texting and driving or drinking and driving. Our Liberty, MO, semi-truck crash lawyers will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being safe. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Getting into a semi truck or car crash accident in Liberty, MO, may be traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Truck crashes are violent events, even at low speeds. When these accidents happen, they can leave broken bones, internal injuries, and even cause death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from an auto accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries happen when an extreme amount of force is applied to the head and neck, and causes trauma. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – During an accident, if enough force is applied to the head or the neck, the brain can bounce back and forth inside the skull which may cause bleeding, swelling, bruising, or other serious injuries to the brain. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – Broken Bones are very common in car accidents because of the traumatic amount of force that can be applied to the bones. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can cause a loss of work, loss of function of the limb, and cause other health complications.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is never immediately apparent, but can quickly cause death if not treated. Internal bleeding is different from an exterior wound because the bleeding occurs inside your body, which causes blood loss that isn’t visibly apparent until much later.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries are often severe injuries because the nervous system of your body relies upon your spine and when it’s damaged, you can lose the function of your limbs. The spinal cord is integral to the motor functions of your body. Any damage to your spine can often result in serious injuries throughout other areas of the body.
You do not have to suffer in silence, nor live with your injuries if you’ve been in a semi-truck accident in Liberty, you need to speak with our lawyers at once.
You should even take any injury seriously. See the short video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Crash Victories
Results matter with any type of legal claim. Clients expect our legal team to give 100% to every case we take on in order to reach a reasonable settlement. Here are a couple of auto accident claims we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas our firm specialize in:
No matter what the injury is, it is very important to gather evidence. Typically, this would include:
- Medical records that show any injuries, broken bones, scarring, etc.
- Physical evidence, police reports, photos of the scene, and witness testimonies.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. Pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and lost wages also come into play.
The Burger Law team understands how difficult it may be to be a victim. Do not hesitate to call one of our attorneys today for more information. Protecting your accident claim when it happens can help ensure that you get the recovery you need and financial settlement you deserve.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Liable parties may include other motorists, the semi-truck company, the driver, the owner of the truck, or even the truck’s manufacturer.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Liberty, MO. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault for semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Contact Burger Law’s Liberty, MO, semi-truck crash attorneys today for more information about these types of cases and what to do if you are in an accident.
An auto accident can change you and your family’s life in a heartbeat. Below are a few resources created by our Liberty, MO, auto accident lawyers. Check out our web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
Any injury sustained during an accident should always be looked at by a trained physician. Before you try to shrug the injury off, let a doctor look at it first. Once a medical professional has seen to your injuries you should immediately talk to our truck crash lawyers in Liberty, MO, to get the recovery and financial assistance your claim deserves.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Should I Do as the Passenger in a Car Accident?
- Why Is the Insurance Company Motivated to Settle?
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?