Semi-Truck Accidents Mishawaka, IN
Are you looking for someone to fight for you? Burger Law provides experienced legal representation.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Mishawaka, IN. You should not need to focus on the legalities of your case. Our Mishawaka, IN, semi-truck crash attorneys help clients get back on their feet. This includes full-service legal services, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after an accident. Do not hesitate to call one of our semi-truck accident attorneys in Mishawaka, IN, today to see how we can help. The Burger Law Firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward they deserve. Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What To Do After a Semi-Truck Accident in Mishawaka, IN
If you need an experienced and dedicated legal team to fight for your truck accident claim, call or contact our Truck Crash Attorneys in Mishawaka. We do not charge you with any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
You should prioritize wellness above all else. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and additional evidence is paramount for settling a truck accident claim. You can read more about this in our FAQ about what to do after an injury in Mishawaka, IN.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you were a victim in a Mishawaka, IN, truck accident, one of the most important things you should do is get legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
- Rain or Bad Weather
If you are unfortunate to fall victim to a truck accident, the most important thing you can do is to contact a local Mishawaka, IN, truck crash attorney as soon as possible. Typically, a lawyer will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Information including medical reports and injury records, testimonies, police reports, and other documentation is important for getting a settlement. Luckily, our team is available to help you from start to finish.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you may be compensated for a variety of special and general damages. Here are the most common:
- Lost Income: If you are unable to work due to an injury, you may be able to collect lost wages up to a certain point.
- Medical Expenses: X-rays, ambulance rides, rehabilitation, and other medical expenses may be compensated as well. This is why it is so important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: When it comes to damages, any ongoing pain, depression, PTSD, or even anxiety is considered.
- Additional Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This may include transportation, childcare, and other unexpected expenses due to an injury.
There are a wide range of damages that can be recovered. At Burger Law, we will look into every option to make sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation.
Following safe driving practices while on the road can help keep you safe from accidents. There is no excuse for texting and driving or drinking and driving. Our Mishawaka, IN, semi-truck crash lawyers will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being safe. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Getting into a semi truck or car crash accident in Mishawaka, IN, is traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Auto injuries can range in severity from minor bumps and bruises to major injuries that can include broken bones, serious concussions, and even death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from an auto accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries occur due to a forceful jerking motion applied on the neck. The force is created when a vehicle in motion is struck from a direction that it is not traveling. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions, much like whiplash injuries, are caused by force and result from the brain bouncing back and forth inside the cranium. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – Broken Bones are caused by either abrupt force that shatters the bone, or an amount of weight or pressure that causes the bone to bend and break. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken Bones often take months or even in rare cases, years to heal.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding, while not immediately apparent after an injury, can quickly lead to more serious medical issues and even death. Internal bleeding occurs when the organs inside your body are either punctured or rupture from the force of an accident.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries are often severe injuries because the nervous system of your body relies upon your spine and when it’s damaged, you can lose the function of your limbs. The spinal cord is the nervous system highway in your body. Any damage to your spine can often result in serious injuries throughout other areas of the body.
Whether your injury was listed above, or you have another issue that was caused by a semi-truck accident in Mishawaka, you need to speak with our attorneys immediately to ensure that you get the medical care and attention that you deserve.
You need to take any injury seriously. See the video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Crash Victories
Results matter with any type of legal claim. Clients expect our legal team to give 100% to every case we take on in order to reach a reasonable settlement. Below are a few recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas we specialize in:
No matter what the injury is, it is very important to gather evidence. Typically, this would include:
- Medical records that show any injuries, broken bones, scarring, etc.
- Witness testimonies, photos of the accident, and police reports.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. Pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and lost wages also come into play.
The Burger Law team understands how difficult it may be to be a victim. Do not hesitate to contact one of our attorneys now for more information. Recording everything exactly as it happened will help ensure that you get what you are owed.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Many parties may be liable, including the manufacturer of the truck, the driver, the company, and other motorists.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Mishawaka, IN. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault to semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Reach out to Burger Law’s Mishawaka, IN, semi-truck crash lawyers today for more information about compensation and what to do after an accident.
An auto accident can change you and your family’s life in a heartbeat. Below are a few resources created by our Mishawaka, IN, auto accident attorneys. Check out our web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
When you are injured in a truck accident, the first step you should always take is going to a doctor to make sure you are OK. The injury will not just go away. After you have seen to your medical care, speak with our truck crash lawyers in Mishawaka, IN, to see how we can help you with your claim, hold the other party liable for the accidents, and ensure that you get the recovery you deserve for your injuries.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Should I Do as the Passenger in a Car Accident?
- Why Is the Insurance Company Motivated to Settle?
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?