Semi-Truck Accidents Montgomery County, OH
Are you looking for someone to fight for you? Burger Law provides experienced legal representation.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Montgomery County, OH. You should not spend any time worrying about the complexities of truck accident law or liability. Burger Law’s Montgomery County, OH, semi-truck crash attorneys help victims get back on their feet. This may include full-service legal representation, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after a wreck. Do not hesitate to call one of our semi-truck accident lawyers in Montgomery County, OH, now to see how we can help. Our firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward that they deserve. Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What should you do after a semi-truck accident in Montgomery County?
If your case needs the dedication and knowledge of an experienced accident attorney, call or contact our Truck Crash Lawyers in Montgomery County. You will not be charged with any fees unless we successfully win your case, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
One of your priorities should be to get medical treatment. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and additional evidence is paramount for settling a truck accident case. You can read more about this in our FAQ about what to do after an injury in Montgomery County, OH.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you were a victim in a Montgomery County, OH, truck accident, the most important things you can do is get legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
- Bad Weather
If you are unfortunate to fall victim to a truck accident, the most important thing you can do is to contact a local Montgomery County, OH, truck crash attorney as soon as possible. Typically, a lawyer will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Information including medical reports and injury records, testimonies, police reports, and other documentation is important for getting a settlement. Luckily, our team is available to help you from the beginning.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you may be compensated for a variety of special and general damages. Here are the most common:
- Lost Wages: If you are unable to work due to an injury, you may be able to collect lost wages up to a certain point.
- Medical Expenses: Any rehab, prescription drugs, surgeries, etc., you can have those expenses reimbursed. This is why it’s important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: When it comes to damages, any ongoing pain, depression, PTSD, or even anxiety is considered.
- Additional Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This can include childcare, transportation to and from a hospital, a rental car, and other expenses that are a result of your injury.
There are a wide range of damages that can be recovered. Our legal team will investigate every opportunity for compensation.
Following the driving laws of your state can better protect you against an accident. Under no circumstances should you get behind the wheel if you’ve been drinking, and you should absolutely never text and drive. Burger Law’s Montgomery County, OH, semi-truck crash attorneys will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being safe. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Being part of a semi truck or car crash accident in Montgomery County, OH, can be traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Auto injuries can range in severity from minor bumps and bruises to major injuries that can include broken bones, serious concussions, and even death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from an auto accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries are one of the most common types of car accident injuries, and involve the head and neck. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions are caused when the head is either pulled or knocked in a direction so forcefully that the brain is bruised from its forceful contact with the skull. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – In Car Accidents, broken bones occur when a limb is either forced in an unnatural direction, or when it collides with a surface and breaks under the pressure. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can cause a loss of work, loss of function of the limb, and cause other health complications.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding is a serious medical condition that often results in death. Internal bleeding is a dangerous injury where your blood leaks from the organs inside your body and causes blood loss that is not visible from the outside.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Much like whiplash injuries or concussions, spinal injuries are caused by an extreme amount of force that causes the spine to either move in an unnatural direction, or bends due to an incredible amount of force. The spinal cord is the nervous system highway in your body. Any damage to your spine can often result in serious injuries throughout other areas of the body.
Your recovery and your financial health may be at stake if you have been involved in a semi-truck accident in Montgomery County, you need to speak with our attorneys immediately to ensure that you get the medical care and attention that you deserve.
You should even take any injury seriously. See the short video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Crash Victories
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Clients expect our legal team to give 100% to every case we take on in order to reach a reasonable settlement. Here are a couple of auto accident claims we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas we specialize in:
No matter the injury, it is very important to gather evidence. This includes:
- Medical records that show any injuries, broken bones, scarring, etc.
- Witness testimonies, photos of the accident, and police reports.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. Pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and lost wages also come into play.
The Burger Law team understands how difficult it is to be a victim. Do not hesitate to contact one of our attorneys now for more information. Preserving this information now will help solidify your claim later when you are using evidence to get what you are owed.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Liable parties may include other motorists, the semi-truck company, the driver, the owner of the truck, or even the truck’s manufacturer.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Montgomery County, OH. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault for semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Contact our Montgomery County, OH, semi-truck accident attorneys now for more information about these types of cases and what to do if you are in an accident.
An auto accident can change you and your family’s life in a heartbeat. Below are a few resources created by our Montgomery County, OH, auto accident attorneys. View a web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
Always go to a doctor after any serious injury. No matter how tough you may think you are, your injury could be life threatening. Once a medical professional has seen to your injuries you should immediately talk to our truck crash lawyers in Montgomery County, OH, to see how we can help you with your claim, hold the other party liable for the accidents, and ensure that you get the recovery you deserve for your injuries.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Should I Do as the Passenger in a Car Accident?
- Why Is the Insurance Company Motivated to Settle?
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?