Semi-Truck Accidents New Albany, OH
You’ve been hurt in a truck crash, and now you need someone to fight for your rights.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers New Albany, OH. The last thing you should worry about are depositions, legal contracts, or other legal matters involving your case or claim. Our New Albany, OH, truck crash attorneys help victims and their families get back on their feet. This may include full-service legal services, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after a crash. Do not hesitate to contact one of Burger Law’s semi-truck accident attorneys in New Albany, OH, today to learn more about our firm. Our firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward that they deserve. Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What should you do after a semi-truck accident in New Albany?
If your case needs the dedication and knowledge of an experienced accident attorney, call or contact our Truck Crash Lawyers in New Albany. You will not be charged with any legal fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
One of your priorities should be to get medical treatment. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and additional evidence is paramount for settling an injury claim. You can read more about that in our FAQ about what to do after an injury in New Albany, OH.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you have been in a truck accident in New Albany, OH, one of the most important things you can do is get legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
- Bad Weather
If you are unfortunate to fall victim to a truck accident, the most important thing you can do is to contact a local New Albany, OH, truck crash lawyer as soon as possible. Basically, a lawyer will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Information including medical reports and injury records, testimonies, police reports, and other documentation is important for getting a settlement. Luckily, our staff is available to help you from start to finish.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
Special and general damages may be available if you have been in a truck-related accident. Here are a few:
- Lost Income: You are able to collect lost wages if you are injured in an accident.
- Medical Expenses: X-rays, ambulance rides, rehabilitation, and other medical expenses may be compensated as well. This is why it’s so important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: Any ongoing pain or suffering such as anxiety, fear, PTSD, or depression is also considered.
- Other Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This can include childcare, transportation to and from a hospital, a rental car, and other expenses that are a result of your injury.
There are a wide range of damages that can be recovered. At Burger Law, we will look into every option to make sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation.
Following the driving laws of your state can better protect you against an accident. Under no circumstances should you get behind the wheel if you’ve been drinking, and you should absolutely never text and drive. Our New Albany, OH, semi-truck crash lawyers will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being a responsible driver. You do not have to handle an auto accident on your own. Getting into a semi truck or car crash accident in New Albany, OH, is traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Auto accident injuries can be severe. They can range from minor bruises, to full body paralysis and even death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from an auto accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries occur due to a forceful jerking motion applied on the neck. This force happens when a vehicle strikes an object on the road and causes the momentum of the vehicle to rapidly change. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions, much like whiplash injuries, are caused by force and result from the brain bouncing back and forth inside the cranium. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken Bones often take months or even in rare cases, years to heal.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding, while not immediately apparent after an injury, can quickly lead to more serious medical issues and even death. Internal bleeding occurs when the organs inside your body are either punctured or rupture from the force of an accident.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Much like whiplash injuries or concussions, spinal injuries are caused by an extreme amount of force that causes the spine to either move in an unnatural direction, or bends due to an incredible amount of force. The spinal cord is integral to the motor functions of your body. If your spine is damaged in an accident, you could suffer from serious injuries permanently.
If you are suffering from any of the above types of injuries, or another type of injury that resulted from a semi-truck accident in New Albany, you need to speak with our attorneys as soon as possible.
You should even take any injury seriously. See the video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Crash Victories
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our clients want to know that we are giving 100% to a case and win a reasonable settlement on their behalf. Below are a few recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas our firm specialize in:
No matter the injury, it is very important to collect evidence. This includes:
- Medical bills and records, x-rays, and a doctor’s report.
- Witness testimonies, photos of the accident, and police reports.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. You should track any pain and suffering, lost earning opportunities, and other negative effects after an accident.
Burger Law understands how difficult it may be to be a victim. Do not hesitate to call one of our attorneys today for more information. Correct and Accurate documentation of a semi-truck accident is the difference between protecting your claim and getting the care you need, and being denied critical medical services or financial reimbursement.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Liable parties may include other motorists, the semi-truck company, the driver, the owner of the truck, or even the truck’s manufacturer.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in New Albany, OH. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault for semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Get in touch with our New Albany, OH, semi-truck accident lawyers now for more information about compensation and what to do after an accident.
An auto accident can change you and your family’s life in a heartbeat. Below are a few resources created by Burger Law’s New Albany, OH, auto accident lawyers. Check out our web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
Regardless of whether you think the injury is serious or not, you should still see a doctor. Do not try to walk the injury off — your life may depend on you receiving qualified medical care. After you have seen to your medical care, speak with our truck crash lawyers in New Albany, OH, so that we can take on your claim and fight for your right every step of the way.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Should I Do as the Passenger in a Car Accident?
- Why Is the Insurance Company Motivated to Settle?
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?