Semi-Truck Accidents Rockford, IL
Are you looking for someone to fight for you? Burger Law provides experienced legal representation.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Rockford, IL. You should not need to focus on the legalities of your case. Burger Law’s Rockford, IL, truck accident lawyers help clients get back on their feet. This may include full-service legal representation, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after an accident. Do not hesitate to contact one of our semi-truck accident lawyers in Rockford, IL, now to see how we can help. The Burger Law Firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward they deserve. Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What should you do after a semi-truck accident in Rockford?
If you need an experienced and dedicated legal team to fight for your truck accident claim, call or contact our Truck Crash Lawyers in Rockford. You will not be charged with any legal fees unless we successfully win your case, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
You should prioritize wellness above all else. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and other evidence is paramount for settling a truck accident case. You can read more about that in our FAQ about information you need to collect after an auto accident in Rockford, IL.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you were a victim in a Rockford, IL, truck accident, the most important things you should do is get legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include the following:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
- Rain or Bad Weather
If you are ever in one of these types of accidents, the most important action you can take is to contact a local Rockford, IL, truck crash attorney as soon as possible. Usually, a lawyer will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Information including medical reports and injury records, testimonies, police reports, and other documentation is important for getting a settlement. Luckily, our staff is available to help you from start to finish.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you may be compensated for a variety of special and general damages. Here are the most common:
- Lost Wages: You are able to collect lost wages if you are injured in an accident.
- Medical Expenses: Any rehab, prescription drugs, surgeries, etc., you can have those expenses reimbursed. This is why it is so important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: When it comes to damages, any ongoing pain, depression, PTSD, or even anxiety is considered.
- Other Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This may include transportation, childcare, and other unexpected expenses due to an injury.
There are a wide range of damages that may be recovered. At Burger Law, we will look into every option to make sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation.
Following the driving laws of your state can better protect you against an accident. There is no excuse for texting and driving or drinking and driving. Burger Law’s Rockford, IL, semi-truck crash attorneys will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being a responsible driver. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Being part of a semi truck or car crash accident in Rockford, IL, may be traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Auto accident injuries can be severe. They can range from minor bruises, to full body paralysis and even death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from a truck accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries happen when an extreme amount of force is applied to the head and neck, and causes trauma. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions are caused by the forceful motion of the brain inside the skull, to the point that bruising or swelling can occur. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can cause a loss of work, loss of function of the limb, and cause other health complications.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is a particularly dangerous injury that can result from an auto accident because the injury isn’t immediately apparent. Internal bleeding is different from an exterior wound because the bleeding occurs inside your body, which causes blood loss that isn’t visibly apparent until much later.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries occur when your spine attempts to control the motion of your body against an extreme amount of force. The spinal cord is the nervous system highway in your body. Any damage to your spine can often result in serious injuries throughout other areas of the body.
While these are the most common injuries that we see, if you have any other medical ailments that arose from a semi-truck accident in Rockford, you need to speak with our lawyers as soon as possible.
You need to take any injury seriously. See the short video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Crash Results
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Clients expect our legal team to give 100% to every case we take on in order to reach a reasonable settlement. Here are a couple of auto accident claims we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas we specialize in:
No matter the injury, it is very important to gather evidence. Typically, this would include:
- Medical bills and records, x-rays, and a doctor’s report.
- Physical evidence, police reports, photos of the scene, and witness testimonies.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. You should track any pain and suffering, lost earning opportunities, and other negative effects after an accident.
Burger Law understands how difficult it may be to be a victim. Do not hesitate to call one of our attorneys now for more information. Correct and Accurate documentation of a semi-truck accident is the difference between protecting your claim and getting the care you need, and being denied critical medical services or financial reimbursement.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Liable parties may include other motorists, the semi-truck company, the driver, the owner of the truck, or even the truck’s manufacturer.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Rockford, IL. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault for semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Get in touch with our Rockford, IL, semi-truck crash attorneys now for more information about compensation and what to do after an accident.
Your entire life can change if you or a family member have been in an auto accident. Below are a few resources created by our Rockford, IL, auto accident lawyers. Check out our web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
Always go to a doctor after any serious injury. No matter how tough you may think you are, your injury could be life threatening. Once a medical professional has seen to your injuries you should immediately talk to our truck crash lawyers in Rockford, IL, to get the recovery and financial assistance your claim deserves.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Should I Do as the Passenger in a Car Accident?
- Why Is the Insurance Company Motivated to Settle?
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?