Semi-Truck Accidents Sangamon County, IL
You’ve been hurt in a truck crash, and now you need someone to fight for your rights.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Sangamon County, IL. You should not spend any time worrying about the complexities of truck accident law or liability. Our Sangamon County, IL, truck crash lawyers help clients get back on their feet. This includes full-service legal services, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after a crash. Do not hesitate to contact one of our semi-truck accident lawyers in Sangamon County, IL, now to learn more about our firm. Our firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward that they deserve. Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What To Do After a Semi-Truck Accident in Sangamon County, IL
When you are prepared to have an exceptional team fight for your rights during your truck accident claim, call or contact our Truck Crash Lawyers in Sangamon County. You will not be charged with any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
You should prioritize wellness above all else. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and other evidence is paramount for settling a truck accident case. You can read more about this in our FAQ about information you need to collect after an auto accident in Sangamon County, IL.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you have been in a truck accident in Sangamon County, IL, the most important things you should do is get legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
- Rain or Bad Weather
If you are ever in one of these types of accidents, the most important thing you can do is to contact a local Sangamon County, IL, truck crash lawyer as soon as possible. Usually, a lawyer will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Information including medical reports and injury records, testimonies, police reports, and other documentation is important for getting a settlement. Luckily, our staff is available to help you from the beginning.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you may be compensated for a variety of special and general damages. Here are the most common:
- Lost Income: If you are unable to work due to an injury, you may be able to collect lost wages up to a certain point.
- Medical Bills: X-rays, ambulance rides, rehabilitation, and other medical expenses may be compensated as well. This is why it is important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: Any ongoing pain or suffering such as anxiety, fear, PTSD, or depression is also considered.
- Additional Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This can include transportation, childcare, and other unexpected expenses due to an injury.
There are a wide range of damages that can be recovered. At Burger Law, we will look into every option to make sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation.
Adhering to responsible driving habits can help keep you and your loved ones safe. Your life and your family are more important than drinking and driving or responding to any text. Our Sangamon County, IL, semi-truck crash attorneys will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being a responsible driver. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Being part of a semi truck or car crash accident in Sangamon County, IL, is traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Truck crashes are violent events, even at low speeds. When these accidents happen, they can leave broken bones, internal injuries, and even cause death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from a truck accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries happen when the neck or head is thrown around in a forceful jerking motion. The force is created when a vehicle in motion is struck from a direction that it is not traveling. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions are caused by the forceful motion of the brain inside the skull, to the point that bruising or swelling can occur. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – Broken Bones are caused by either abrupt force that shatters the bone, or an amount of weight or pressure that causes the bone to bend and break. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can cause a loss of work, loss of function of the limb, and cause other health complications.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is never immediately apparent, but can quickly cause death if not treated. Internal bleeding occurs when the organs inside your body are either punctured or rupture from the force of an accident.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Whenever enough force or torque is applied to the spine, severe injuries can occur. The spinal cord is integral to the motor functions of your body. When this is damaged, you can be partially or even permanently paralyzed.
Your recovery and your financial health may be at stake if you have been involved in a semi-truck accident in Sangamon County, you need to speak with our lawyers at once.
You should even take any injury seriously. See the video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Accident Victories
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Clients expect our legal team to give 100% to every case we take on in order to reach a reasonable settlement. Here are a couple of auto accident claims we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas we specialize in:
No matter the injury, it is very important to collect evidence. This includes:
- Medical bills and records, x-rays, and a doctor’s report.
- Physical evidence, police reports, photos of the scene, and witness testimonies.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. Pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and lost wages also come into play.
Burger Law understands how difficult it is to be a victim. Do not hesitate to contact one of our attorneys now for more information. Recording everything exactly as it happened will help ensure that you get what you are owed.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Liable parties may include other motorists, the semi-truck company, the driver, the owner of the truck, or even the truck’s manufacturer.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Sangamon County, IL. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault to semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Contact Burger Law’s Sangamon County, IL, semi-truck accident lawyers today for more information about compensation and what to do after an accident.
An auto accident can change you and your family’s life in a heartbeat. Below are a handful of resources created by Burger Law’s Sangamon County, IL, auto accident attorneys. Check out our web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
Always go to a doctor after any serious injury. No matter how tough you may think you are, your injury could be life threatening. Once a medical professional has seen to your injuries you should immediately talk to our truck crash lawyers in Sangamon County, IL, to see how we can help you with your claim, hold the other party liable for the accidents, and ensure that you get the recovery you deserve for your injuries.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Should I Do as the Passenger in a Car Accident?
- Why Is the Insurance Company Motivated to Settle?
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?