Semi-Truck Accidents St. Charles County, MO
Contact our firm if you have been in a truck-related accident.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers St. Charles County, MO. You should not spend any time worrying about the complexities of truck accident law or liability. Burger Law’s St. Charles County, MO, semi-truck accident attorneys help victims get back on their feet. This includes full-service legal representation, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after a crash. Do not hesitate to contact one of our semi-truck accident lawyers in St. Charles County, MO, today to learn more about our firm. Our firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward that they deserve. Burger Law’s Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What should you do after a semi-truck accident in St. Charles County?
When you are ready to have qualified and aggressive legal representation take on your accident claim, call or contact our Truck Crash Attorneys in St. Charles County. We do not charge you with any legal fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
You should prioritize wellness above all else. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and additional evidence is paramount for settling a truck accident claim. You can read more about that in our FAQ about what to do after an injury in St. Charles County, MO.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you have been in a truck accident in St. Charles County, MO, the most important things you should do is get legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include the following:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
- Bad Weather
If you are unfortunate to fall victim to a truck accident, the most important action you can take is to contact a local St. Charles County, MO, truck crash lawyer as soon as possible. Typically, an attorney will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Information including medical reports and injury records, testimonies, police reports, and other documentation is important for getting a settlement. Luckily, our team is available to help you from start to finish.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you may be compensated for a variety of special and general damages. Here are the most common:
- Lost Wages: You are able to collect lost wages if you are injured in an accident.
- Medical Bills: Any rehab, prescription drugs, surgeries, etc., you can have those expenses reimbursed. This is why it’s important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: When it comes to damages, any ongoing pain, depression, PTSD, or even anxiety is considered.
- Other Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This may include transportation, childcare, and other unexpected expenses due to an injury.
There are a wide range of damages that can be recovered. Our legal team will investigate every opportunity for compensation.
Following safe driving practices while on the road can help keep you safe from accidents. Your life and your family are more important than drinking and driving or responding to any text. Burger Law’s St. Charles County, MO, semi-truck crash attorneys will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being safe. You do not have to handle an auto accident on your own. Being part of a semi truck or car crash accident in St. Charles County, MO, is traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Auto accident injuries can be severe. They can range from minor bruises, to full body paralysis and even death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from a truck accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries typically happen when a vehicle is forced to abruptly stop and the head and neck are jerked to the side or back and forth. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions are caused by the forceful motion of the brain inside the skull, to the point that bruising or swelling can occur. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken Bones often take months or even in rare cases, years to heal.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding is a serious medical condition that often results in death. Internal bleeding is caused when organs inside your body are pierced or ruptured due to force, and then release blood or other liquids into your body that can cause swelling and blood loss.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries are often severe injuries because the nervous system of your body relies upon your spine and when it’s damaged, you can lose the function of your limbs. The spinal cord is integral to the motor functions of your body. When this is damaged, you can be partially or even permanently paralyzed.
You do not have to suffer in silence, nor live with your injuries if you’ve been in a semi-truck accident in St. Charles County, you need to speak with our lawyers at once.
You need to take any injury seriously. See the video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Accident Results
Results matter with any type of legal claim. Our clients want to know that we are giving 100% to a case and win a reasonable settlement on their behalf. Below are a few recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas we specialize in:
No matter the injury, it is very important to gather evidence. This includes:
- Medical records that show any injuries, broken bones, scarring, etc.
- Physical evidence, police reports, photos of the scene, and witness testimonies.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. You should track any pain and suffering, lost earning opportunities, and other negative effects after an accident.
Our firm understands how difficult it is to be a victim. Do not hesitate to contact one of our attorneys now for more information. Correct and Accurate documentation of a semi-truck accident is the difference between protecting your claim and getting the care you need, and being denied critical medical services or financial reimbursement.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Liable parties may include other motorists, the semi-truck company, the driver, the owner of the truck, or even the truck’s manufacturer.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in St. Charles County, MO. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault to semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Reach out to our St. Charles County, MO, semi-truck crash lawyers today for more information about compensation and what to do after an accident.
Your entire life can change if you or a family member have been in an auto accident. Below are a handful of resources created by our St. Charles County, MO, auto accident lawyers. View a web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
Any injury sustained during an accident should always be looked at by a trained physician. Your health is more important than pride, and your recovery may depend on medical care that you’ve been putting off. Once you have spoken with a doctor, contact our truck crash lawyers in St. Charles County, MO, to make sure that the other party is held fully liable, and that all of your bills and needs are taken care of.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Should I Do as the Passenger in a Car Accident?
- Why Is the Insurance Company Motivated to Settle?
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?