Semi-Truck Accidents Urbana, IL
You’ve been hurt in a truck crash, and now you need someone to fight for your rights.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Urbana, IL. You should not spend any time worrying about the complexities of truck accident law or liability. Our Urbana, IL, semi-truck crash lawyers help clients get back on their feet. This includes full-service legal representation, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after a wreck. Do not hesitate to contact one of our semi-truck accident lawyers in Urbana, IL, today to get more information about our services. Our firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward they deserve. Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What should you do after a semi-truck accident in Urbana?
When you are prepared to have an exceptional team fight for your rights during your truck accident claim, call or contact our Truck Crash Lawyers in Urbana. You will not be charged with any legal fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
One of your priorities should be to get medical treatment. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and other evidence is paramount for settling an injury case. You can read more about that in our FAQ about information you need to collect after an auto accident in Urbana, IL.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you were a victim in a Urbana, IL, truck accident, the most important things you should do is find legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
If you are ever in one of these types of accidents, the most important action you can take is to contact a local Urbana, IL, truck crash attorney as soon as possible. Typically, an attorney will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Information including medical reports and injury records, testimonies, police reports, and other documentation is important for getting a settlement. Luckily, our staff is available to help you from start to finish.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
Special and general damages may be available if you have been in a truck-related accident. Here are a few:
- Lost Income: If you are unable to work due to an injury, you may be able to collect lost wages up to a certain point.
- Medical Bills: Any rehab, prescription drugs, surgeries, etc., you can have those expenses reimbursed. This is why it is important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: When it comes to damages, any ongoing pain, depression, PTSD, or even anxiety is considered.
- Additional Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This may include transportation, childcare, and other unexpected expenses due to an injury.
There are a wide range of damages that can be recovered. At Burger Law, we will look into every option to make sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation.
Following the driving laws of your state can better protect you against an accident. Never drive if you have been drinking, and always wait to read a text until you get home. Our Urbana, IL, semi-truck crash lawyers will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being a responsible driver. You do not have to handle an auto accident on your own. Getting into a semi truck or car crash accident in Urbana, IL, is traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Auto accidents are traumatic, violent events that can cause serious life-changing injuries. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from an auto accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries occur due to a forceful jerking motion applied on the neck. Typically, these types of injuries are caused when a vehicle is struck from a location the driver isn’t suspecting. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions are caused when the head is either pulled or knocked in a direction so forcefully that the brain is bruised from its forceful contact with the skull. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones often require surgery and months of rehabilitation before they are fully healed.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is never immediately apparent, but can quickly cause death if not treated. Internal bleeding is a dangerous injury where your blood leaks from the organs inside your body and causes blood loss that is not visible from the outside.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries are often severe injuries because the nervous system of your body relies upon your spine and when it’s damaged, you can lose the function of your limbs. The spinal cord is integral to the motor functions of your body. Any damage to your spine can often result in serious injuries throughout other areas of the body.
You do not have to suffer in silence, nor live with your injuries if you’ve been in a semi-truck accident in Urbana, you need to speak with our attorneys to ensure that your case is taken care of professionally and seriously.
You should even take any injury seriously. See the video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Crash Victories
Results matter with any type of legal claim. Clients expect our legal team to give 100% to every case we take on in order to reach a reasonable settlement. Here are a couple of auto accident claims we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas our firm specialize in:
No matter the injury, it is very important to gather evidence. This includes:
- Medical records that show any injuries, broken bones, scarring, etc.
- Witness testimonies, photos of the accident, and police reports.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. Pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and lost wages also come into play.
Burger Law understands how difficult it is to be a victim. Do not hesitate to call one of our attorneys today for more information. Preserving this information now will help solidify your claim later when you are using evidence to get what you are owed.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Many parties may be liable, including the manufacturer of the truck, the driver, the company, and other motorists.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Urbana, IL. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault for semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Get in touch with our Urbana, IL, semi-truck crash lawyers today for more information about these types of cases and what to do if you are in an accident.
Your entire life can change if you or a family member have been in an auto accident. Below are a handful of resources created by our Urbana, IL, auto accident attorneys. Check out our web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
The responsible action to take after an accident is to see a doctor and allow them to make medically trained decisions regarding your injuries. Before you try to shrug the injury off, let a doctor look at it first. After you have seen to your medical care, speak with our truck crash lawyers in Urbana, IL, to get the recovery and financial assistance your claim deserves.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Should I Do as the Passenger in a Car Accident?
- Why Is the Insurance Company Motivated to Settle?
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?