Semi-Truck Accidents Vandeburgh County, IN
You’ve been hurt in a truck crash, and now you need someone to fight for your rights.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Vandeburgh County, IN. You should not spend any time worrying about the complexities of truck accident law or liability. Burger Law’s Vandeburgh County, IN, truck crash attorneys help victims get back on their feet. This includes full-service legal services, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after an accident. Do not hesitate to reach out to one of our semi-truck accident lawyers in Vandeburgh County, IN, now to learn more about our firm. Our firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward that they deserve. Burger Law’s Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What should you do after a semi-truck accident in Vandeburgh County?
When you are ready to have qualified and aggressive legal representation take on your accident claim, call or contact our Truck Crash Attorneys in Vandeburgh County. We do not charge you with any legal fees unless we successfully win your case, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
You should prioritize wellness above all else. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and other evidence is paramount for settling a truck accident case. You can read more about this in our FAQ about what to do after an injury in Vandeburgh County, IN.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you have been in a truck accident in Vandeburgh County, IN, the most important things you should do is find legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
If you are unfortunate to fall victim to a truck accident, the most important action you can take is to contact a local Vandeburgh County, IN, truck crash attorney as soon as possible. Usually, a lawyer will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Medical records, crash reports, eye-witness testimonies, and other information is incredibly important. Fortunately, our staff is available to help you from the beginning.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
Special and general damages may be available if you have been in a truck-related accident. Here are the most common:
- Lost Income: If you are unable to work due to an injury, you may be able to collect lost wages up to a certain point.
- Medical Expenses: Any rehab, prescription drugs, surgeries, etc., you can have those expenses reimbursed. This is why it is important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: Any ongoing pain or suffering such as anxiety, fear, PTSD, or depression is also considered.
- Other Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This can include transportation, childcare, and other unexpected expenses due to an injury.
There are a wide range of damages that may be recovered. Our legal team will investigate every opportunity for compensation.
Being a diligent driver better protects you against the chance of an accident. Never drive if you have been drinking, and always wait to read a text until you get home. Burger Law’s Vandeburgh County, IN, semi-truck crash lawyers will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being safe. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Being part of a semi truck or car crash accident in Vandeburgh County, IN, is traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Auto injuries can range in severity from minor bumps and bruises to major injuries that can include broken bones, serious concussions, and even death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from a truck-related accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries are one of the most common types of car accident injuries, and involve the head and neck. This force happens when a vehicle strikes an object on the road and causes the momentum of the vehicle to rapidly change. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions are caused by the forceful motion of the brain inside the skull, to the point that bruising or swelling can occur. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – Broken Bones are very common in car accidents because of the traumatic amount of force that can be applied to the bones. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken Bones often take months or even in rare cases, years to heal.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding, while not immediately apparent after an injury, can quickly lead to more serious medical issues and even death. Internal bleeding is caused when organs inside your body are pierced or ruptured due to force, and then release blood or other liquids into your body that can cause swelling and blood loss.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Whenever enough force or torque is applied to the spine, severe injuries can occur. The spinal cord is integral to the motor functions of your body. If your spine is damaged in an accident, you could suffer from serious injuries permanently.
You do not have to suffer in silence, nor live with your injuries if you’ve been in a semi-truck accident in Vandeburgh County, you need to speak with our attorneys to ensure that your case is taken care of professionally and seriously.
You should even take any injury seriously. See the video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Accident Results
Results matter with any type of legal claim. Clients expect our legal team to give 100% to every case we take on in order to reach a reasonable settlement. Below are a few recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas our firm specialize in:
No matter the injury, it is very important to collect evidence. Typically, this would include:
- Medical records that show any injuries, broken bones, scarring, etc.
- Witness testimonies, photos of the accident, and police reports.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. You should track any pain and suffering, lost earning opportunities, and other negative effects after an accident.
The Burger Law team understands how difficult it may be to be a victim. Do not hesitate to call one of our attorneys now for more information. Correct and Accurate documentation of a semi-truck accident is the difference between protecting your claim and getting the care you need, and being denied critical medical services or financial reimbursement.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Many parties may be liable, including the manufacturer of the truck, the driver, the company, and other motorists.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Vandeburgh County, IN. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault to semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Get in touch with our Vandeburgh County, IN, semi-truck accident attorneys today for more information about compensation and what to do after an accident.
An auto accident can change you and your family’s life in a heartbeat. Below are a few resources created by Burger Law’s Vandeburgh County, IN, auto accident attorneys. Check out our web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
Always go to a doctor after any serious injury. Do not try to walk the injury off — your life may depend on you receiving qualified medical care. After you have seen to your medical care, speak with our truck crash lawyers in Vandeburgh County, IN, to make sure that the other party is held fully liable, and that all of your bills and needs are taken care of.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Should I Do as the Passenger in a Car Accident?
- Why Is the Insurance Company Motivated to Settle?
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?