Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Aurora, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Aurora, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to speak to an expert lawyer in Aurora, MO about your case for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and resolve to insist on the great recovery you are entitled to. Do not delay. Call Burger Law immediately.
Aurora, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a calamitous impact on your life and the life of your family. If you or someone you care about sustained an injury because of another person's negligence or thoughtlessness, you are upset and you may not know how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of dedicated, compassionate and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are feeling and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you are entitled to. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a family member may be in need of lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you deserve a maximum financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and help you recover. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Aurora, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where somebody else disregarded the rules and injured you, you require the expert and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and insist that you get a complete recovery. We have more than 20 years of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Aurora, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case at once and we do not rest until you collect a complete recovery. We oversee each every aspect of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your rehabilitation and your family’s health after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages may be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to run, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have an extensive effect on your capacity to execute basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is essential to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT if you experience a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, savvy and experience to ensure you are fully compensated for the cataclysmic impact you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose complete feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you are able to retain some amount of feeling and motion below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a higher chance of causing complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to seek emergency medical treatment without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only getting emergency medical treatment is not adequate to truly help you heal. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and assistive devices for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you collect full compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Aurora, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and vital part spinal cords play in our bodies, the repercussions of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was reckless and broke the rules, you need a talented and veteran spinal cord injuries lawyer in Aurora, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and insist on a full financial recovery. Some of the calamitous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your family member as basic daily tasks like combing your hair are no longer feasible. You might have to hire someone to care for you at home and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has sensation on certain areas of their skin, they will be highly susceptible to, bedsores or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, it could result in low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an extreme impact on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also inhibit the muscles that permit us to breathe, meaning you may necessitate a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is essential to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party responsible for your injury, demand that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you also recover complete compensation for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who try to trick you to swindle you out of the money you deserve. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your claim and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless behavior. Based on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to collect compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim in Aurora, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law right away for a free case review to see what you can recover. Our skilled and experienced lawyers get to work on your case right away to get you the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another person accountable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car wrecks make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a number of situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while tired
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member received a spinal cord injury in a car crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Aurora, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a free case review. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your claim right away. We will collect all necessary evidence, including making official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, obtaining surveillance footage of the wreck and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We utilize a network of motor vehicle wreck experts to prove precisely how your spinal cord injury happened and precisely how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object causes you to lose your stability and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. Almost one-third of spinal cord injuries are the result of a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law called Premises Liability. The proprietor or manager of a property has to maintain a reasonable level of safety on their property. Instances of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Wet floors without warning signage
- Broken, damaged or poorly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wiring
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are responsible for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Aurora, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a negligent property owner responsible. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We secure great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to give us the right care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not sufficiently supervising you during surgery. When that happens, you need the empathetic and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to correct a relatively minor back injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every type of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies fear us because we are known as the Aurora and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the tough cases and that we demand maximum compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your doctor neglected to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated clearly to the customer. When they are negligent and you receive a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the savvy Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Aurora, MO to hold them responsible. There are a variety of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as defective brakes, that lead to car collisions
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to correctly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, did not issue a recall or otherwise did not establish the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An experienced and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Aurora, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to make sure you receive the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries involve harm to the spinal cord. If you incur a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Aurora, MO work circumstances were unsafe. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord occurs suddenly, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, for instance construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer has a duty to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Aurora, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them responsible for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when a worker repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be tough cases to win because it is hard to prove when or why exactly you received your injury. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention the instance symptoms arise, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and accomplished doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us prove your suit and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you sustain and injury because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every variety of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property manager is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or hurts you willfully, that is a crime, and if they are found guilty, a judge will typically order them to compensate you. If they are not convicted or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Aurora, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (such as not safely handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare cases, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and afraid. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Aurora, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are going through and will stand in your corner until you get the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you get for your spinal cord injury will depend on the repercussions the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s talent and savvy. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to make sure you get the full recovery you are entitled to in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will spend on medical expenses and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously impede your faculty to move and complete basic activities. They also often require exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be huge.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they stay in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Aurora, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to determine the correct dollar amount you are owed because of your medical expenses, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of another person'scareless actions. Our Aurora, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights tirelessly on your suit so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the at-fault party and that they provide you with compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to compute, and fundamentally refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to find enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor put into law Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve complete compensation for the cataclysmic impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Aurora, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and hard to understand, and that bewilderment can be exacerbated after your life has been turned upside down by a devastating spinal cord injury. The committed and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Aurora, MO will give you and your case the genuine and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Aurora, MO law firm, we start working on your case straight away, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the full compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial abilities to win you the recovery you are owed. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Aurora, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the full recovery you need to heal, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free case review, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can get to work on your case at once.