Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Bates City, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Bates City, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to talk to a qualified lawyer in Bates City, MO about your claim for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and tenacity to insist on the full recovery you are owed. Do not waste any time. Call Burger Law immediately.
Bates City, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have calamitous ramifications in your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or a loved one sustained an injury because of another person's dangerous actions or recklessness, you are outraged and it can be difficult to know what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of dedicated, kindhearted and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are enduring and will aggressively demand your recovery until you collect the compensation you deserve. No Matter if you have already finished your medical treatments or have discovered that you or a family member may be in need of lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you deserve a full financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Bates City, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where somebody else disregarded the rules and hurt you, you require the knowledgeable and honest spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and insist that you get a complete recovery. We have more than 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients get over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Bates City, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case right away and we do not give up until you are awarded a complete recovery. We manage all every part of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your recovery and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury might be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you have an itch, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extreme effect on your ability to execute basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at (314) 500-HURT if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, talent and experience to make sure you get complete compensation for the disastrous impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose total feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord happened. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury happens when you maintain some amount of sensation and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical treatment without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely getting emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to really help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may need medical care and special devices for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you get the best possible compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Bates City, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and vital part spinal cords play in our bodies, the repercussions of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was careless and broke the rules, you need a savvy and veteran spinal cord injuries lawyer in Bates City, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a full financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your family member as basic daily activities like getting dressed are no longer feasible. You may have to hire a live-in nurse and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like running, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has feeling on certain areas of their skin, they will be highly at risk of burns, pressure ulcers or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is obstructed by a spinal cord injury, it could cause low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an immense impact on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may need a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is essential to contact the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party responsible for your injury, demand that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who use misleading schemes to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your lawsuit and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or reckless actions. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to recover compensation from the liable party by filing a personal injury claim in Bates City, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law right away for a free case evaluation to see what you can recover. Our savvy and veteran lawyers get to work on your case immediately to get you the full compensation you deserve.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another person accountable for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto accidents account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a loved one experienced a spinal cord injury in a auto crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Bates City, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your claim straight away. We will collect all important evidence, including making official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, obtaining surveillance video of the accident and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of car accident experts to prove precisely how your spinal cord injury happened and exactly how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object causes you to lose your stability and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. Over 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are the result of a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property must preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Slippery surfaces without "wet floor" signs
- Broken, damaged or badly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Poor lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are to blame for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Bates City, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding irresponsible property operators responsible. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We get great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to give us adequate care and follow all the rules when we are at our most vulnerable. Sometimes they break those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not adequately monitoring you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the empathetic and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a proper position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to correct a relatively minor back injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly during their emergency room visit, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously toughto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because they know we are the Bates City and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the difficult cases and that we insist on full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your medical professionals failed to offer you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given clearly to the buyer. When they are careless and you receive a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the talented Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Bates City, MO to hold them responsible. There are numerous products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as faulty brakes, that lead to auto accidents
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to properly test a product, approved a product with an inherent defect, did not issue a recall or otherwise did not guarantee the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An experienced and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Bates City, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to ensure you get the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to damage to the spinal cord. If you experience a spinal cord injury while on the job, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Bates City, MO work circumstances were unsafe. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord transpires in one moment, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, for instance construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Bates City, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them accountable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when an employee carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is hard to prove when or why exactly the injury occurred. That is why it is important to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to get in touch with a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to discuss your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and talented doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your claim and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you are hurt because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property manager is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or injured you willfully, that is a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will usually order them to compensate you. If they are not charged or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Bates City, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not correctly handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare circumstances, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Bates City, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are experiencing and will stand next to you until you get the full recovery you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you are awarded for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the repercussions the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s experience and ability. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to win you the complete recovery you deserve in order to help you recover. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will spend on medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly limit your faculty to move and complete basic activities. They also often necessitate considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be huge.
Since 2015, nearly a third of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they stay in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who sustains a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unfathomable financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Bates City, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to quantify the precise dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical costs, inability to work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often they need to be replaced and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'scareless behavior. Our Bates City, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights relentlessly on your suit so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the negligent party and that they provide you with compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to asses, and fundamentally refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature approved Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to your healing and knows that you need and deserve full compensation for the catastrophic effect your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Bates City, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and complicated, and that confusion can be intensified after your life has been turned upside down by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The dedicated and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Bates City, MO will give you and your case the genuine and ardent representation you deserve. Once you hire our Bates City, MO law firm, we start working on your case at once, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the full recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial skills to get you the recovery you are entitled to. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Bates City, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the maximum recovery you need to recover, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary consultation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can start working on your case immediately.