Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Battlefield, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Battlefield, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to talk to a knowledgeable lawyer in Battlefield, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and will power to insist on the maximum recovery you deserve. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law now.
Battlefield, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a disastrous effect on your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or someone you care about received an injury because of another person's irresponsible actions or carelessness, you are outraged and it can be difficult to know how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of committed, empathetic and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are experiencing and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you collect the compensation you are owed. Whether you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a loved one may require lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you deserve a full financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Battlefield, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where somebody else disregarded the rules and hurt you, you need the talented and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and insist that you get maximum compensation. We have over 20 years of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients recover more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Battlefield, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we start working on your case immediately and we do not let up until you receive a complete recovery. We manage every every facet of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your recovery and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages might be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to run, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you have an itch, your spinal cord alerts your brain. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have an extensive impact on your faculty to perform basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you need to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, talent and experience to make certain you get great compensation for the catastrophic impact you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose complete feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord happened. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you maintain some measure of sensation and motion below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a higher chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to seek emergency medical care right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only undergoing emergency medical treatment is not adequate to truly help you heal. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may require medical care and assistive devices for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you complete compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Battlefield, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and important part spinal cords play in our bodies, the repercussions of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else was careless and disregarded the rules, you need a talented and veteran spinal cord injuries lawyer in Battlefield, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and demand a full financial recovery. Some of the calamitous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your family member as basic daily tasks like eating and drinking are no longer doable. You may have to hire someone to care for you at home and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, impeding your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has feeling on parts of their skin, they will be highly in danger of, bedsores or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is obstructed by a spinal cord injury, it could lead to low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you at risk of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a great effect on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also impact the muscles that permit us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is essential to get in touch with the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you also receive full compensation for the emotional agony the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We take on bullies like insurance companies who use misleading tricks to defraud you out of the money you are owed. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your lawsuit and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or dangerous actions. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim in Battlefield, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law today for a free case review to find out what you can recover. Our skilled and experienced lawyers get to work on your case right away to get you all the compensation you are owed.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another person to blame for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car wrecks account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide array of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal properly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about sustained a spinal cord injury in a auto crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Battlefield, MO at for a free consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we get to work on your claim immediately. We will gather all relevant evidence, including taking official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, obtaining surveillance footage of the crash and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We utilize a network of motor vehicle collision experts to show exactly how your spinal cord injury was incurred and exactly how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your equilibrium and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are because of a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property has to preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Slippery surfaces when there is no "wet floor" signage
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Poor lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are to blame for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Battlefield, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a irresponsible property owner liable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We secure great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with proper care and follow all the rules when we are at our most vulnerable. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not adequately supervising you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the trustworthy and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because we are known as the Battlefield and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the complex cases and that we demand maximum compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your doctor neglected to offer you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated plainly to the customer. When they are reckless and you experience a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the experienced Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Battlefield, MO to hold them accountable. There are numerous products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as faulty brakes, that result in auto collisions
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to insufficiently test a product, approved a design with an inherent defect, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise failed to guarantee the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An experienced and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Battlefield, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to make sure you collect the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries involve harm to the spinal cord. If you experience a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Battlefield, MO work circumstances were hazardous. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord happens in one moment, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, for instance construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these varieties of injuries. Your employer has a duty to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Battlefield, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them responsible for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when a worker carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body wears down over time. These can be complex cases to win because it is tough to prove when or why exactly you received your injury. That is why it is important to seek medical attention at the first sign of symptoms, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to review your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and knowledgeable doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us prove your case and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you are harmed because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every variety of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property manager is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or harms you willfully, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will typically order them to pay you damages. If they are not found guilty or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Battlefield, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (such as not properly handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare cases, you may have a case against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Battlefield, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are going through and will stand by your side until you get the complete compensation you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you get for your spinal cord injury will depend on the repercussions the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s talent and savvy. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to win you the full recovery you deserve in order to help you recover. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will spend on medical costs and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely limit your ability to move and perform basic activities. They also often require numerous hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be huge.
Since 2015, nearly a third of people with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they stay in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unfathomable financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Battlefield, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to determine the exact dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical expenses, inability to work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will work out exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those expenses will be. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'scareless actions. Our Battlefield, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights tirelessly on your claim so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the negligent party and that they provide you with compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to determine, and essentially refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your ability to find enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor signed Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can recover in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in your healing and understands that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the devastating consequences your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Battlefield, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and complex, and that confusion can be aggravated after your life has been turned upside down by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The dedicated and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Battlefield, MO will give you and your case the sincere and ardent representation you deserve. Once you hire our Battlefield, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case immediately, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the complete recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely sharpened trial abilities to get you the recovery you are owed. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Battlefield, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the full recovery you need to heal, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free case evaluation, or call us at so we can get to work on your case straight.