Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Belton, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Belton, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to speak to a knowledgeable lawyer in Belton, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and tenacity to demand the great recovery you deserve. Do not waste any time. Call Burger Law immediately.
Belton, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a disastrous effect on your life and the life of your family. If you or a family member sustained an injury because of someone else’s irresponsible behavior or thoughtlessness, you are upset and it can be hard to know what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of dedicated, caring and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are enduring and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you collect the compensation you are owed. No Matter if you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a loved one may need lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are owed a full financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Belton, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where somebody else broke the rules and injured you, you need the accomplished and honest spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and demand that you get a full recovery. We have more than 20 years of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients recover over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Belton, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case straight away and we do not give up until you receive a great recovery. We oversee each every facet of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your recovery and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury may be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to walk, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you have an itch, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have a profound effect on your ability to perform basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law now at if you experience a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, talent and experience to make certain you are fully compensated for the disastrous effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose all feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you still have some measure of sensation and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of causing complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical treatment right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely receiving emergency medical treatment is not adequate to really help you recover. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may need medical care and assistive devices for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you get full compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Belton, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and vital part spinal cords play in our bodies, the repercussions of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was reckless and did not respect the rules, you need a talented and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Belton, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and demand a complete financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your family member as basic daily tasks like using a phone are no longer possible. You may have to hire someone to care for you at home and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like running, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be highly in danger of, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is disrupted by a spinal cord injury, it could result in low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an extreme effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that permit us to breathe, meaning you may require a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is key to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party responsible for your injury, demand that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you also get complete compensation for the emotional agony the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who try to trick you to swindle you out of the money you are owed. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your lawsuit and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or reckless behavior. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to receive compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim in Belton, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law right away for a complimentary case evaluation to find out what you can recover. Our talented and veteran lawyers start working on your case at once to get you the entire compensation you are entitled to.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another person responsible for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide array of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member experienced a spinal cord injury in a auto accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Belton, MO at for a complimentary case review. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your case right away. We will gather all pertinent evidence, including conducting official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, obtaining surveillance footage of the wreck and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of auto crash experts to demonstrate precisely how your spinal cord injury was incurred and precisely how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your equilibrium and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. Nearly one-third of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property is required to keep their property reasonably safe. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Slippery floors without warning signs
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Bad lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are responsible for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Belton, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding careless property owners accountable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We collect great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We have faith in doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with adequate care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they break those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not properly observing you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the trustworthy and skilled spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not have to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a proper position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and result in paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously difficultto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than two decades of experience with every type of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because we are known as the Belton and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the tough cases and that we demand maximum compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your medical professionals neglected to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated understandably to the customer. When they are reckless and you receive a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the talented Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Belton, MO to hold them responsible. There are many products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as defective brakes, that result in motor vehicle accidents
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to correctly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, failed to issue a recall or otherwise did not establish the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An experienced and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Belton, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to injury to the spinal cord. If you incur a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Belton, MO work site was unsafe. Generally speaking, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord occurs immediately, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, for instance construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these types of injuries. Your employer has a responsibility to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees go through adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Belton, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when an employee repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body wears down over time. These can be hard cases to win because it is difficult to prove when or why exactly you experienced your injury. That is why it is important to seek medical attention the moment symptoms emerge, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and knowledgeable doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us prove your claim and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you sustain and injury because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every category of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property owner is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you deserve.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or harms you on purpose, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will often order them to pay you damages. If they are not found guilty or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Belton, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not correctly handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who was drunk while handling the gun). In rare instances, you may have a claim against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and afraid. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Belton, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are experiencing and will stand next to you until you get the complete compensation you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you get for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s experience and savvy. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to win you the maximum recovery you are entitled to in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will spend on medical expenses and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously impede your capacity to move and carry out basic activities. They also often necessitate considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be massive.
Since 2015, almost one-third of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who sustains a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incomprehensible financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Belton, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to determine the exact dollar amount you are owed because of your medical expenses, time off work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often they need to be replaced and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of another person'sdangerous actions. Our Belton, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights hard on your suit so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the liable party and that they give you compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to quantify, and basically refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your ability to find enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor signed Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to your recovery and understands that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the devastating repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Belton, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and complex, and that bewilderment can be exacerbated after your life has been put on pause by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The devoted and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Belton, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Belton, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case right away, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the maximum recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely sharpened trial abilities to win you the recovery you deserve. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Belton, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the maximum recovery you need to heal, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary consultation, or call us at so we can start working on your case immediately.