Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Boone County, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Boone County, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to speak to an expert lawyer in Boone County, MO and discuss your case for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and tenacity to demand the great recovery you deserve. Do not waste any time. Call Burger Law now.
Boone County, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a calamitous effect on your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or a loved one experienced an injury because of someone else’s irresponsible behavior or carelessness, you are upset and it can be hard to know how to proceed and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of committed, empathetic and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are enduring and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you receive the compensation you are owed. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a loved one may require lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are entitled to a maximum financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Boone County, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other type of injury where somebody else broke the rules and injured you, you require the talented and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and demand that you get a full recovery. We have over 20 years of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Boone County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case straight away and we do not rest until you collect a full recovery. We oversee each every aspect of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your recovery and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages might be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to run, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extensive effect on your ability to carry out basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why it is imperative to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, skill and experience to ensure you collect complete compensation for the devastating effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose complete feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury happens when you still have some measure of sensation and motion below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to find emergency medical care immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just getting emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to truly help you heal. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may require medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on getting you complete compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Boone County, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and vital part spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person behaved carelessly and did not respect the rules, you need a talented and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in Boone County, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a full financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and severity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your family member as basic daily activities like getting dressed are no longer possible. You might have to hire a care provider and may require someone else's help for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, impeding your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be greatly in danger of, bedsores or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is obstructed by a spinal cord injury, it could cause low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an extreme impact on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also impact the muscles that control breathing breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is vital to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party responsible for your injury, demand that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you also get maximum compensation for the emotional trauma the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who use misleading ploys to defraud you out of the money you are entitled to. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your case and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or reckless behavior. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in Boone County, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law right away for a free case evaluation to see what you can recover. Our savvy and accomplished lawyers start working on your case at once to get you the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another party accountable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide array of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while tired
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about experienced a spinal cord injury in a car accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Boone County, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your case right away. We will collect all relevant evidence, including carrying out official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the accident and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We utilize a network of motor vehicle wreck experts to demonstrate exactly how your spinal cord injury was incurred and precisely how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your balance and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. Over 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are due to a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property is required to preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Slippery surfaces when there is no "wet floor" signs
- Broken, damaged or poorly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Poor lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are responsible for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will demonstrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Boone County, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will understand how to hold a irresponsible property operator accountable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We get great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to give us the right care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they break those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not adequately keep on eye on you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the trustworthy and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery has nothing to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a proper position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and result in paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved improperly during their emergency room visit, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously toughto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every type of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies fear us because we are known as the Boone County and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the hard cases and that we demand great compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your medical professionals failed to offer you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given plainly to the customer. When they are careless and you sustain a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the accomplished Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Boone County, MO to hold them responsible. There are a variety of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as faulty brakes, that lead to car accidents
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company did not properly test a product, approved a design with an inherent fault, did not issue a recall or otherwise did not guarantee the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An veteran and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Boone County, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to ensure you are awarded the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause damage to the spinal cord. If you incur a spinal cord injury while on the job, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Boone County, MO work environment was hazardous. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord happens suddenly, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, for example construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a greater risk of these types of injuries. Your employer has an obligation to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Boone County, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when a worker carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be tough cases to win because it is difficult to prove when or why exactly you received your injury. That is why it is always the best idea to seek medical attention at the first sign of symptoms, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and experienced doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us win your suit and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you sustain and injury because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every variety of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property manager is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or harms you purposefully, that is a crime, and if they are criminally convicted, a prosecutor will usually order them to pay you damages. If they are not charged or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Boone County, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not correctly handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare circumstances, you might be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate Boone County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are undergoing and will stand in your corner until you get the best possible recovery you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the repercussions the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s experience and ability. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to secure you the maximum recovery you are owed in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will have to pay for medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely inhibit your capacity to move and carry out basic activities. They also often require considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be massive.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they stay in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who sustains a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unfathomable financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Boone County, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to compute the precise dollar amount you are owed because of your medical bills, inability to work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sirresponsible behavior. Our Boone County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works tirelessly on your suit so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the liable party and that they provide you with compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to compute, and essentially refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor put into law Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve complete compensation for the devastating consequences your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Boone County, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and complex, and that bewilderment can be exacerbated after your life has been put on pause by a devastating spinal cord injury. The committed and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Boone County, MO will give you and your case the sincere and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Boone County, MO law firm, we start working on your case right away, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the maximum compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely sharpened trial abilities to get you the recovery you are entitled to. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Boone County, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you receive the complete recovery you need to heal, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free case evaluation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can get to work on your case at once.