Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Boonville, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Boonville, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to consult with a qualified lawyer in Boonville, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and resolve to insist on the full recovery you are entitled to. Do not wait. Call Burger Law right away.
Boonville, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a catastrophic effect on your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or someone you care about received an injury because of somebody else's negligence or thoughtlessness, you are upset and you may not know how to proceed and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of devoted, kindhearted and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are feeling and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you deserve. No Matter if you have already finished your medical treatments or have discovered that you or a family member may be in need of lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are owed a maximum financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Boonville, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was the result of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where somebody else did not respect the rules and harmed you, you require the expert and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and insist that you get full compensation. We have over two decades of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Boonville, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case immediately and we do not rest until you collect a great recovery. We oversee each every facet of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your rehabilitation and your family’s health after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages might be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to walk, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord alerts your brain. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have a terrible impact on your faculty to complete basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law now at if you experience a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, skill and experience to make sure you are completely compensated for the cataclysmic effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose complete feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury happens when you maintain some degree of feeling and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your whole body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely getting emergency medical treatment is not adequate to truly help you heal. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and special devices for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you maximum compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Boonville, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and important role spinal cords play in our bodies, the repercussions of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else was negligent and broke the rules, you need a skilled and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Boonville, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and demand a maximum financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and severity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your family member as basic daily tasks like writing are no longer feasible. You might have to hire someone to care for you at home and may require someone else's help for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, limiting your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be greatly at risk of burns, pressure ulcers or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is disrupted by a spinal cord injury, you could experience low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an extreme effect on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also inhibit the muscles that permit us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is vital to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party responsible for your injury, demand that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional agony the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We take on bullies like insurance companies who use misleading schemes to defraud you out of the money you are owed. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your case and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or reckless actions. Based on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to receive compensation from the liable party by filing a personal injury claim in Boonville, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law right away for a free consultation to find out what you can recover. Our skilled and accomplished lawyers start working on your case immediately to get you the full compensation you deserve.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another person liable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle collisions account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a variety of situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member experienced a spinal cord injury in a auto wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Boonville, MO at for a free case evaluation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your claim straight away. We will gather all necessary evidence, including taking official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the accident and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We utilize a network of motor vehicle accident experts to prove exactly how your spinal cord injury was incurred and precisely how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object causes you to lose your equilibrium and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. Over 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property must keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Wet surfaces when there is no "wet floor" signage
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Bad lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are liable for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Boonville, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will understand how to hold a irresponsible property manager responsible. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We collect great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with sufficient care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not sufficiently monitoring you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the empathetic and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a proper position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to addressed a relatively minor back injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every kind of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because we are known as the Boonville and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the hard cases and that we insist on full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your doctor neglected to give you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given plainly to the customer. When they are careless and you suffer a spinal cord injury after using a dangerous product, you need the savvy Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Boonville, MO to hold them accountable. There are a number of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as defective brakes, that cause car accidents
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to properly test a product, approved a design with an inherent flaw, failed to issue a recall or otherwise did not ensure the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An seasoned and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Boonville, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work around the clock to ensure you are awarded the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries result in injury to the spinal cord. If you incur a spinal cord injury while on the job, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Boonville, MO work site was unsafe. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord transpires suddenly, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, for instance construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a greater risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer has an obligation to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Boonville, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when an employee carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is difficult to prove precisely when or why you experienced your injury. That is why it is important to seek medical attention at the first sign of symptoms, and to get in touch with a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us prove your case and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you are injured because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property operator is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or hurts you intentionally, that is a crime, and if they are criminally charged, a prosecutor will usually order them to compensate you. If they are not found guilty or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Boonville, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not safely handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare circumstances, you may have a claim against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and afraid. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Boonville, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are going through and will stand next to you until you get the maximum recovery you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you receive for your spinal cord injury will depend on the consequences the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s expertise and ability. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to win you the full recovery you are owed in order to help you recover. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will spend on medical expenses and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously impede your capacity to move and carry out basic activities. They also often necessitate exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be massive.
Since 2015, nearly a third of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unbelievable financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Boonville, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to compute the exact dollar amount you deserve because of your medical expenses, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'scareless behavior. Our Boonville, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works tirelessly on your case so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the at-fault party and that they provide you with compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to determine, and essentially refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to find enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature approved Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve complete compensation for the devastating consequences your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Boonville, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and difficult to understand, and that bewilderment can be exacerbated after your life has been put on pause by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The dedicated and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Boonville, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and ardent representation you deserve. Once you hire our Boonville, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case right away, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the maximum recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial abilities to get you the recovery you are owed. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Boonville, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the maximum recovery you need to heal, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary consultation, or call us at so we can get started on your case now.