Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Branson, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Branson, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to talk to a qualified lawyer in Branson, MO and discuss your case for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and will power to demand the full recovery you are owed. Do not delay. Call Burger Law immediately.
Branson, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a disastrous effect on your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or someone you care about experienced an injury because of somebody else's negligence or recklessness, you are angry and it can be difficult to know how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of devoted, kindhearted and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are experiencing and will vigorously demand your recovery until you get the compensation you are owed. Whether you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a loved one may need lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are owed a full financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Branson, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where another person disregarded the rules and injured you, you need the talented and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and insist that you get a maximum recovery. We have over 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Branson, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case immediately and we do not give up until you receive a great recovery. We handle all every aspect of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your rehabilitation and your family’s well being after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages may be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to go up some stairs, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord alerts your brain. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have a profound effect on your capacity to accomplish basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why it is imperative to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, savvy and experience to make sure you are fully compensated for the devastating impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose total feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord happened. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you maintain some degree of feeling and motion below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical treatment immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely getting emergency medical treatment is not enough to truly help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and special equipment for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you get complete compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Branson, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and vital part spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person behaved recklessly and disregarded the rules, you need a skilled and veteran spinal cord injuries lawyer in Branson, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and demand a full financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and severity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your loved one as basic daily activities like eating and drinking are no longer achievable. You may have to hire someone to care for you at home and may have to depend on someone else for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be greatly at risk of burns, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, you could experience low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a great impact on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that permit us to breathe, meaning you may necessitate a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is imperative to get in touch with the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party responsible for your injury, insist that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you also receive full compensation for the emotional agony the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who try to deceive you to swindle you out of the money you deserve. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your claim and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or reckless actions. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to receive compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in Branson, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law right away for a complimentary case evaluation to see what you can recover. Our talented and accomplished lawyers get to work on your case at once to get you the maximum compensation you are owed.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another person to blame for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto accidents account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about sustained a spinal cord injury in a auto wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Branson, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a free consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your case immediately. We will collect all important evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the wreck and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We utilize a network of motor vehicle wreck experts to demonstrate precisely how your spinal cord injury was incurred and precisely how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents transpire when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your footing and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are the result of a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The proprietor or manager of a property must preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Slippery surfaces when there is no warning signs
- Broken, damaged or badly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Poor lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are liable for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will demonstrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Branson, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding irresponsible property owners liable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We get great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with sufficient care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they break those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not adequately keep on eye on you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the empathetic and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery has nothing to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a proper position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to correct a relatively minor back injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly during their emergency room stay, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every category of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies fear us because they know we are the Branson and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the hard cases and that we demand the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your doctor failed to give you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated clearly to the buyer. When they are careless and you experience a spinal cord injury when using a dangerous product, you need the skilled Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Branson, MO to hold them responsible. There are a variety of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that cause car crashes
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to insufficiently test a product, approved a product with an inherent flaw, did not issue a recall or otherwise did not establish the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An experienced and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Branson, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause injury to the spinal cord. If you sustain a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Branson, MO work environment was dangerous. Generally speaking, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord transpires in one moment, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, like construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a greater risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer has a duty to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Branson, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when an employee repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be complicated cases to win because it is tough to prove precisely when or why you received your injury. That is why it is important to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to get in touch with a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your case and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you are harmed because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every variety of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property manager is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and get you the recovery you are owed.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or harms you on purpose, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a court will usually order them to pay you damages. If they are not charged or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Branson, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not correctly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare cases, you might be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Branson, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are going through and will stand in your corner until you get the maximum recovery you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you collect for your spinal cord injury will depend on the consequences the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical bills and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s expertise and ability. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to win you the full recovery you deserve in order to help you recover. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical expenses and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously hamper your faculty to move and perform basic tasks. They also often require numerous hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often huge.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unfathomable financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Branson, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to work out the precise dollar amount you deserve because of your medical expenses, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will work out exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of someone else’scareless behavior. Our Branson, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights relentlessly on your case so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the negligent party and that they provide you with compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to determine, and basically refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature approved Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve complete compensation for the catastrophic repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Branson, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and complicated, and that confusion can be intensified after your life has been disrupted by a destructive spinal cord injury. The devoted and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Branson, MO will give you and your case the genuine and impassioned representation you deserve. Once you hire our Branson, MO law firm, we start working on your case at once, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the maximum compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely honed trial abilities to win you the recovery you are entitled to. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Branson, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the maximum recovery you need to recover, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free consultation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can begin working on your case immediately.