Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Buffalo, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Buffalo, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to consult with a qualified lawyer in Buffalo, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and will power to demand the maximum recovery you deserve. Do not delay. Call Burger Law immediately.
Buffalo, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a devastating effect on your life and the life of your family. If you or a loved one experienced an injury because of someone else’s negligence or carelessness, you are angry and it can be difficult to know what to do and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of committed, compassionate and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are enduring and will aggressively demand your recovery until you get the compensation you are entitled to. No Matter if you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a family member may require lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you deserve a full financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Buffalo, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other variety of injury where somebody else did not respect the rules and hurt you, you need the knowledgeable and honest spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and insist that you get the best possible compensation. We have over 20 years of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Buffalo, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we start working on your case immediately and we do not let up until you collect a complete recovery. We manage all every detail of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your recovery and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages could be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to run, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have a terrible impact on your faculty to carry out basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is essential to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, talent and experience to make sure you recover complete compensation for the cataclysmic effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose complete feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you maintain some amount of sensation and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to seek emergency medical treatment right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely receiving emergency medical treatment is not adequate to really help you recover. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you get full compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Buffalo, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and essential role spinal cords play in our bodies, the repercussions of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person acted dangerously and broke the rules, you need a talented and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Buffalo, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a complete financial recovery. Some of the catastrophic effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and severity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your family member as basic daily tasks like combing your hair are no longer doable. You might have to hire a care provider and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has sensation on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly at risk of burns, bedsores or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is disrupted by a spinal cord injury, it could cause low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a great impact on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that control breathing breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is imperative to contact the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you also collect full compensation for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We take on bullies like insurance companies who try to deceive you to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your case and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or reckless actions. Based on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to recover compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim in Buffalo, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law now for a complimentary consultation to find out what you can recover. Our skilled and experienced lawyers begin working on your case at once to get you the full compensation you are owed.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another party responsible for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto crashes account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member sustained a spinal cord injury in a car crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Buffalo, MO at for a complimentary case evaluation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we get to work on your case straight away. We will gather all necessary evidence, including carrying out official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, obtaining surveillance video of the accident and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of car accident experts to demonstrate exactly how your spinal cord injury was incurred and exactly how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents transpire when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object causes you to lose your footing and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are due to a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property is required to preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Wet surfaces when there is no "wet floor" signage
- Broken, damaged or badly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wiring
- Poor lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are to blame for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Buffalo, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a irresponsible property operator liable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We get great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with sufficient care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not correctly keep on eye on you during surgery. When that happens, you need the trustworthy and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery has nothing to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to addressed a relatively minor back injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than two decades of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies fear us because we are known as the Buffalo and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the hard cases and that we demand the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your doctor failed to offer you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated plainly to the customer. When they are irresponsible and you suffer a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the accomplished Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Buffalo, MO to hold them accountable. There are a number of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as defective brakes, that cause motor vehicle crashes
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to correctly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, failed to issue a recall or otherwise did not guarantee the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An accomplished and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Buffalo, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work around the clock to make certain that you are awarded the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries result in injury to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Buffalo, MO work circumstances were dangerous. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord happens suddenly, for instance if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, such as construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees go through proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Buffalo, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when an employee repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body wears down over time. These can be hard cases to win because it is tough to prove precisely when or why you experienced your injury. That is why it is important to seek medical attention the instance symptoms arise, and to get in touch with a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to discuss your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and talented doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us win your case and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you are hurt because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property owner is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or injured you willfully, they have committed a crime, and if they are criminally charged, a prosecutor will usually order them to compensate you. If they are not convicted or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Buffalo, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (such as not correctly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who was drunk while handling the gun). In rare circumstances, you may have a case against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and afraid. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Buffalo, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are undergoing and will stand next to you until you get the full compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you get for your spinal cord injury will depend on the repercussions the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s knowledge and ability. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to win you the full recovery you deserve in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously limit your faculty to move and complete basic tasks. They also often necessitate considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often staggering.
Since 2015, nearly a third of patients with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Buffalo, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to compute the correct dollar amount you are owed because of your medical bills, inability to work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often you will need a new one and what those costs will be. You should not have to pay because of someone else’scareless behavior. Our Buffalo, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights hard on your suit so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the at-fault party and that they give you compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to compute, and basically refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your ability to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature put into law Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in your healing and understands that you need and deserve complete compensation for the cataclysmic repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Buffalo, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and complex, and that bewilderment can be intensified after your life has been turned upside down by a devastating spinal cord injury. The committed and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Buffalo, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Buffalo, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case right away, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the maximum compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely honed trial abilities to get you the recovery you are entitled to. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Buffalo, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the full recovery you need to recover, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a free consultation, or call us at so we can begin working on your case now.