Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer California, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in California, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer on your side. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to talk to a qualified lawyer in California, MO and discuss your case for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and determination to insist on the maximum recovery you deserve. Do not waste any time. Call Burger Law right away.
California, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have catastrophic ramifications in your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or someone you care about received an injury because of someone else’s irresponsible behavior or recklessness, you are upset and it can be difficult to know how to proceed and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of devoted, empathetic and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are experiencing and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you get the compensation you are entitled to. No Matter if you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a loved one may need lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are entitled to a great financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in California, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where another person disregarded the rules and harmed you, you require the talented and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and demand that you get a maximum recovery. We have more than 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s California, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case right away and we do not rest until you collect a great recovery. We manage each every aspect of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your recovery and your family’s well being after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages might be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extreme impact on your ability to perform basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you need to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, savvy and experience to ensure you collect full compensation for the devastating effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose complete feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you keep some degree of sensation and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can lead to paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely undergoing emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to truly help you heal. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may need medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on getting you great compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our California, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and vital role spinal cords play in our bodies, the consequences of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person acted recklessly and did not respect the rules, you need a skilled and veteran spinal cord injuries lawyer in California, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a full financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and severity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your family member as basic daily activities like eating and drinking are no longer achievable. You might have to hire a live-in nurse and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has feeling on certain areas of their skin, they will be highly in danger of, bedsores or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, it could lead to low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an immense impact on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is essential to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party accountable for your injury, insist that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We take on bullies like insurance companies who try to deceive you to swindle you out of the money you deserve. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your claim and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or careless actions. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in California, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law today for a free case review to find out what you can recover. Our skilled and experienced lawyers begin working on your case immediately to get you all the compensation you are entitled to.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another person responsible for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car crashes account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a number of situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while tired
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about experienced a spinal cord injury in a car crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in California, MO at for a complimentary case evaluation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your case immediately. We will collect all important evidence, including making official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the wreck and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of car collision experts to demonstrate precisely how your spinal cord injury was incurred and exactly how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your equilibrium and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. Over 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law called Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property is legally bound to keep their property reasonably safe. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Slippery floors when there is no warning signs
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wires
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are to blame for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the California, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding careless property operators liable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We collect great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to give us sufficient care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they break those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not sufficiently keep on eye on you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the trustworthy and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery has nothing to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every type of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because we are known as the California and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the complex cases and that we demand full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your medical professionals failed to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated plainly to the customer. When they are reckless and you receive a spinal cord injury after using a dangerous product, you need the savvy Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in California, MO to hold them responsible. There are a number of products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as faulty brakes, that lead to motor vehicle wrecks
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to properly test a product, approved a design with an inherent flaw, failed to issue a recall or otherwise failed to ensure the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An seasoned and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in California, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to ensure you are awarded the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause injury to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your California, MO work site was dangerous. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord occurs suddenly, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, such as construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a greater risk of these varieties of injuries. Your employer has an obligation to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in California, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them responsible for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when an employee repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is tough to prove when or why exactly the injury occurred. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to contact a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to review your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and knowledgeable doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us prove your suit and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you are hurt because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property owner is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you are owed.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or hurts you purposefully, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will often order them to compensate you. If they are not convicted or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in California, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not properly handling the gun) or behaved dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare circumstances, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate California, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are experiencing and will stand next to you until you get the complete recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the consequences the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s talent and savvy. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to make sure you get the maximum recovery you are entitled to in order to help you recover. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will spend on medical expenses and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely inhibit your ability to move and carry out basic activities. They also often necessitate exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often massive.
Since 2015, almost one-third of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they stay in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who receives a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incomprehensible financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in California, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to work out the correct dollar amount you deserve because of your medical expenses, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of another person'scareless behavior. Our California, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights hard on your case so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the at-fault party and that they provide you with compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to determine, and basically refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor gave the seal of approval to Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can receive in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in your healing and knows that you need and deserve full compensation for the cataclysmic repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The California, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and hard to understand, and that bewilderment can be intensified after your life has been turned upside down by a destructive spinal cord injury. The dedicated and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in California, MO will give you and your case the sincere and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our California, MO law firm, we start working on your case straight away, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the complete recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely sharpened trial abilities to win you the recovery you deserve. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the California, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you get the complete recovery you need to heal, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary consultation, or call us at so we can begin working on your case straight.