Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Callaway County, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Callaway County, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to consult with an expert lawyer in Callaway County, MO about your case for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and determination to demand the maximum recovery you are entitled to. Do not wait. Call Burger Law now.
Callaway County, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a catastrophic impact on your life and the life of your family. If you or someone you care about sustained an injury because of another person's negligence or recklessness, you are angry and you may be uncertain of how to proceed and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of committed, caring and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are enduring and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you are owed. Whether you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a family member may require lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are entitled to a maximum financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Callaway County, MO today at or contact us online for a free case review.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other type of injury where another person disregarded the rules and hurt you, you need the expert and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and insist that you get maximum compensation. We have over 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Callaway County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we start working on your case immediately and we do not let up until you collect a complete recovery. We oversee each every facet of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your rehabilitation and your family’s health after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury may be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord alerts your brain. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have a terrible effect on your ability to perform basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is imperative to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law now at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, savvy and experience to make certain you recover great compensation for the cataclysmic impact you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose complete feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you maintain some amount of feeling and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a higher chance of causing complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to seek emergency medical treatment immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only getting emergency medical treatment is not enough to really help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may require medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you get great compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Callaway County, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and vital part spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else behaved carelessly and did not respect the rules, you need a savvy and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Callaway County, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a complete financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your family member as basic daily tasks like getting dressed are no longer feasible. You may have to hire a care provider and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, impeding your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be greatly susceptible to, pressure ulcers or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, it could cause low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an immense impact on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also impact the muscles that control breathing breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is key to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party responsible for your injury, demand that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you also collect complete compensation for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We take on bullies like insurance companies who try to trick you to defraud you out of the money you are owed. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your claim and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or dangerous behavior. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in Callaway County, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law today for a free case review to see what you can recover. Our savvy and veteran lawyers get to work on your case at once to get you all the compensation you are owed.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another party responsible for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle collisions account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member experienced a spinal cord injury in a car wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Callaway County, MO at for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your claim at once. We will gather all pertinent evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the crash and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of car wreck experts to prove precisely how your spinal cord injury transpired and precisely how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents occur when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your footing and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. Nearly a third of spinal cord injuries are because of a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law called Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property has to preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Instances of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Wet surfaces when there is no warning signage
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wiring
- Bad lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are responsible for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Callaway County, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will understand how to hold a negligent property owner responsible. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We secure great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We count on doctors and healthcare professionals to give us proper care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not adequately observing you during surgery. When that happens, you need the empathetic and skilled spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned correctly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and result in paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly during their emergency room stay, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously hardto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over twenty years of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies fear us because we are known as the Callaway County and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the difficult cases and that we insist on the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your medical professionals failed to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated understandably to the buyer. When they are negligent and you receive a spinal cord injury after using a dangerous product, you need the talented Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Callaway County, MO to hold them accountable. There are many products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as faulty brakes, that cause car collisions
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to properly test a product, approved a product with an inherent fault, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise failed to ensure the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An veteran and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Callaway County, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to make certain that you are awarded the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries involve damage to the spinal cord. If you incur a spinal cord injury while on the job, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Callaway County, MO work environment was dangerous. Generally speaking, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord transpires immediately, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, for instance construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer has an obligation to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Callaway County, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them accountable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This transpires when a worker carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body wears down over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is hard to prove precisely when or why you received your injury. That is why it is important to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to get in touch with a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and knowledgeable doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us prove your case and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you are injured because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every variety of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property operator is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or injured you willfully, that is a crime, and if they are found guilty, a judge will usually order them to pay you damages. If they are not found guilty or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Callaway County, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not safely handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare instances, you might have a case against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and afraid. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Callaway County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are experiencing and will stand next to you until you get the maximum recovery you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you get for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and savvy. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to win you the complete recovery you are owed in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will spend on medical bills and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely impede your ability to move and perform basic activities. They also often necessitate numerous hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be staggering.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who sustains a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an incomprehensible financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Callaway County, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to quantify the precise dollar amount you deserve because of your medical bills, time off work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of someone else’sdangerous behavior. Our Callaway County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works hard on your claim so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the negligent party and that they provide you with compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to quantify, and essentially refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to find enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature enacted Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can recover in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve full compensation for the catastrophic effect your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Callaway County, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and complex, and that bewilderment can be intensified after your life has been put on pause by a destructive spinal cord injury. The committed and knowledgeable spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Callaway County, MO will give you and your case the sincere and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Callaway County, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case at once, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the complete recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely sharpened trial abilities to win you the recovery you deserve. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Callaway County, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you get the maximum recovery you need to heal, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a free case evaluation, or call us at so we can get to work on your case immediately.