Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Cameron, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Cameron, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer on your side. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to speak to an expert lawyer in Cameron, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and resolve to insist on the full recovery you are entitled to. Do not wait. Call Burger Law right away.
Cameron, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have devastating repercussions in your life and the life of your family. If you or a loved one experienced an injury because of somebody else's dangerous behavior or recklessness, you are upset and you may be uncertain of what to do and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of dedicated, caring and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are feeling and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you deserve. No Matter if you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a family member may need lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you deserve a maximum financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and help you recover. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Cameron, MO today at or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was the result of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other type of injury where someone else disregarded the rules and injured you, you need the talented and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and demand that you get maximum compensation. We have over two decades of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Cameron, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case straight away and we do not let up until you collect a full recovery. We oversee each every facet of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your rehabilitation and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages might be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to walk, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have a terrible impact on your ability to execute basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, skill and experience to ensure you are fully compensated for the disastrous effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose all feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury happens when you are able to retain some degree of sensation and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can lead to paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your whole body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to find emergency medical treatment without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely receiving emergency medical treatment is not adequate to truly help you recover. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may require medical care and special devices for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on getting you the best possible compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Cameron, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and essential part spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be grave. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was negligent and did not respect the rules, you need a savvy and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Cameron, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and insist on a maximum financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your family member as basic daily activities like getting dressed are no longer doable. You might have to hire a live-in nurse and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, limiting your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has sensation on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly susceptible to, bedsores or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, it could cause low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an immense effect on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may necessitate a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is essential to contact the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party responsible for your injury, insist that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you also collect maximum compensation for the emotional trauma the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who use misleading schemes to defraud you out of the money you are entitled to. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your claim and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless behavior. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to receive compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim in Cameron, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law now for a free consultation to see what you can recover. Our knowledgeable and veteran lawyers get to work on your case right away to get you the entire compensation you are owed.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another person liable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal properly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about sustained a spinal cord injury in a auto wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Cameron, MO at for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your case straight away. We will gather all important evidence, including conducting official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, obtaining surveillance footage of the accident and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of motor vehicle collision experts to prove precisely how your spinal cord injury happened and exactly how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your footing and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. Nearly a third of spinal cord injuries are the result of a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law called Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property must keep their property reasonably safe. Instances of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Wet surfaces when there is no warning signs
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Bad lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are responsible for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Cameron, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a negligent property manager accountable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We get great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We count on doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with the right care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they break those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an incorrect diagnosis or not sufficiently monitoring you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the trustworthy and savvy spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned correctly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and result in paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over twenty years of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because we are known as the Cameron and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the tough cases and that we demand the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your medical professionals failed to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated plainly to the customer. When they are irresponsible and you sustain a spinal cord injury after using a dangerous product, you need the experienced Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Cameron, MO to hold them accountable. There are a number of products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that cause auto accidents
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to adequately test a product, approved a product with an inherent defect, failed to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to guarantee the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An veteran and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Cameron, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to make sure you receive the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries result in damage to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury while on the job, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Cameron, MO work environment was unsafe. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord occurs immediately, for instance if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, for instance construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer has a duty to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees are given adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Cameron, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them accountable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This transpires when an employee repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be complicated cases to win because it is hard to prove precisely when or why you experienced your injury. That is why it is important to seek medical attention at the first sign of symptoms, and to get in touch with a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and experienced doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us win your claim and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you are hurt because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property owner is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and get you the recovery you deserve.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or harms you intentionally, that is a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will often order them to compensate you. If they are not charged or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Cameron, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (such as not safely handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who was drunk while handling the gun). In rare instances, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and afraid. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Cameron, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are going through and will stand by your side until you get the full recovery you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you get for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the effect the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical bills and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s knowledge and savvy. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to secure you the full recovery you are entitled to in order to help you recover. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will have to pay for medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly hamper your capacity to move and complete basic activities. They also often necessitate extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be huge.
Since 2015, nearly a third of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who sustains a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an incomprehensible financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Cameron, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to work out the precise dollar amount you are owed because of your medical expenses, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often they need to be replaced and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sreckless actions. Our Cameron, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights tirelessly on your suit so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the negligent party and that they provide you with compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to quantify, and fundamentally refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your ability to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor gave the seal of approval to Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can recover in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in your recovery and knows that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the cataclysmic impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Cameron, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and complex, and that bewilderment can be intensified after your life has been disrupted by a devastating spinal cord injury. The devoted and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Cameron, MO will give you and your case the genuine and impassioned representation you deserve. Once you hire our Cameron, MO law firm, we start working on your case immediately, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the maximum recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely honed trial abilities to win you the recovery you deserve. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Cameron, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the maximum recovery you need to recover, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free consultation, or call us at so we can get to work on your case immediately.