Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Clinton County, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Clinton County, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer on your side. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to converse with an expert lawyer in Clinton County, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and tenacity to insist on the best possible recovery you deserve. Do not wait. Call Burger Law right away.
Clinton County, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have catastrophic consequences in your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or someone you care about experienced an injury because of somebody else's negligence or thoughtlessness, you are angry and it can be difficult to know how to proceed and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of dedicated, compassionate and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are experiencing and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you receive the compensation you are owed. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have discovered that you or a loved one may need lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you deserve a maximum financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Clinton County, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where someone else broke the rules and harmed you, you need the talented and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and demand that you get maximum compensation. We have over two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Clinton County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case immediately and we do not let up until you are awarded a full recovery. We handle all every detail of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your recovery and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury might be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you have an itch, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have an extreme effect on your capacity to perform basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, talent and experience to make certain you collect great compensation for the cataclysmic effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose total feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord happened. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you maintain some amount of sensation and motion below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of causing complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to find emergency medical treatment without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just getting emergency medical treatment is not enough to really help you recover. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and assistive devices for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you maximum compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Clinton County, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and vital role spinal cords play in our bodies, the repercussions of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else acted thoughtlessly and did not respect the rules, you need a savvy and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Clinton County, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and insist on a full financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like using a phone are no longer possible. You may have to hire a live-in nurse and may have to depend on someone else for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has sensation on certain areas of their skin, they will be highly in danger of, pressure ulcers or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is obstructed by a spinal cord injury, it could cause low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a vast impact on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is essential to contact the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who try to deceive you to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your lawsuit and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless actions. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to recover compensation from the liable party by filing a personal injury claim in Clinton County, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law now for a complimentary case review to find out what you can recover. Our talented and seasoned lawyers get to work on your case immediately to get you the entire compensation you are entitled to.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another party accountable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle crashes account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a loved one experienced a spinal cord injury in a auto wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Clinton County, MO at for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your claim straight away. We will collect all relevant evidence, including making official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the wreck and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We utilize a network of car crash experts to show exactly how your spinal cord injury happened and exactly how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object causes you to lose your balance and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are the result of a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property must keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Slippery floors when there is no "wet floor" signage
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wires
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are responsible for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will demonstrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Clinton County, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will understand how to hold a negligent property operator responsible. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We secure great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with the right care and follow all the rules when we are at our most vulnerable. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not properly observing you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the trustworthy and skilled spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and result in paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly during their emergency room stay, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously hardto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because they know we are the Clinton County and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the difficult cases and that we demand the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your doctor neglected to offer you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given understandably to the customer. When they are irresponsible and you experience a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the talented Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Clinton County, MO to hold them accountable. There are a lot of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that cause car wrecks
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to correctly test a product, approved a design with an inherent flaw, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise failed to guarantee the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An accomplished and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Clinton County, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to make sure you collect the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to injury to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Clinton County, MO work circumstances were unsafe. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord happens in one moment, for instance if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, such as construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a greater risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer has an obligation to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Clinton County, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them responsible for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when an employee repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be complex cases to win because it is hard to prove precisely when or why the injury was incurred. That is why it is always the best idea to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us prove your claim and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you receive and injury because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every category of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property manager is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and get you the recovery you are owed.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if somebody shoots or hurts you on purpose, that is a crime, and if they are found guilty, a court will usually order them to pay you damages. If they are not convicted or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Clinton County, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not safely handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare circumstances, you might have a claim against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and afraid. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Clinton County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are going through and will stand by your side until you get the complete compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you get for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the repercussions the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical bills and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s talent and ability. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to secure you the maximum recovery you are owed in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical expenses and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly hamper your faculty to move and carry out basic tasks. They also often necessitate extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often staggering.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of people with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who receives a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unfathomable financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Clinton County, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to quantify the exact dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical expenses, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those expenses will be. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sthoughtless behavior. Our Clinton County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights relentlessly on your suit so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the liable party and that they give you compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to asses, and basically refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your ability to find enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor put into law Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the catastrophic repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Clinton County, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complicated, and that bewilderment can be compounded after your life has been turned upside down by a devastating spinal cord injury. The devoted and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Clinton County, MO will give you and your case the genuine and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Clinton County, MO law firm, we start working on your case at once, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the maximum compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely sharpened trial skills to make sure you are awarded the recovery you deserve. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Clinton County, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the maximum recovery you need to heal, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary consultation, or call us at so we can get started on your case straight.