Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Cole County, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Cole County, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer on your side. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to converse with a qualified lawyer in Cole County, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and resolve to demand the great recovery you are entitled to. Do not delay. Call Burger Law immediately.
Cole County, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a catastrophic effect on your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or a loved one sustained an injury because of another person's negligence or recklessness, you are angry and you may be uncertain of how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of committed, kindhearted and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are enduring and will vigorously demand your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you deserve. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a loved one may require lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are owed a great financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Cole County, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was the result of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other type of injury where somebody else disregarded the rules and harmed you, you require the knowledgeable and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and demand that you get a maximum recovery. We have over 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients get over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Cole County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case at once and we do not give up until you are awarded a complete recovery. We oversee all every part of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your recovery and your family’s health after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury might be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extreme effect on your ability to execute basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why you need to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, savvy and experience to make sure you recover complete compensation for the disastrous impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose all feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury happens when you keep some amount of sensation and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of causing complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical treatment without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only receiving emergency medical treatment is not enough to truly help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and special devices for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on getting you great compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Cole County, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and essential part spinal cords play in our bodies, the repercussions of a spinal cord injury can be catastrophic. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else behaved dangerously and broke the rules, you need a skilled and veteran spinal cord injuries lawyer in Cole County, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and demand a full financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your loved one as basic daily activities like using a phone are no longer doable. You might have to hire a care provider and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be greatly at risk of burns, bedsores or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is obstructed by a spinal cord injury, it could lead to low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you at risk of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a great effect on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is imperative to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the negligent party responsible for your injury, demand that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you also recover maximum compensation for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who try to cheat you to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your case and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless actions. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to receive compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim in Cole County, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law today for a free case review to find out what you can recover. Our skilled and veteran lawyers begin working on your case at once to get you the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another party liable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto collisions account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about sustained a spinal cord injury in a auto wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Cole County, MO at for a free consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your case right away. We will gather all necessary evidence, including carrying out official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the crash and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of motor vehicle accident experts to prove precisely how your spinal cord injury transpired and exactly how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents occur when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your balance and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are due to a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law called Premises Liability. The proprietor or manager of a property must keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Wet floors without warning signs
- Broken, damaged or badly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are to blame for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Cole County, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a negligent property owner liable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We collect great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with proper care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they break those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not correctly observing you during surgery. When that happens, you need the trustworthy and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery has nothing to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over twenty years of experience with every category of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because we are known as the Cole County and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the hard cases and that we insist on the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your doctor neglected to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated clearly to the consumer. When they are careless and you receive a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the accomplished Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Cole County, MO to hold them responsible. There are numerous products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as defective brakes, that cause car crashes
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to correctly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise did not guarantee the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An seasoned and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Cole County, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work around the clock to make sure you receive the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to damage to the spinal cord. If you sustain a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Cole County, MO work environment was unsafe. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord occurs in one moment, for instance if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, such as construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a greater risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees are given adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Cole County, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them accountable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when an employee carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is difficult to prove when or why exactly the injury happened. That is why it is vital to seek medical attention the instance symptoms emerge, and to contact a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and accomplished doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us prove your case and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you experience and injury because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property operator is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or injured you on purpose, that is a crime, and if they are criminally charged, a judge will typically order them to pay you damages. If they are not charged or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Cole County, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not correctly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare instances, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and afraid. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Cole County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are undergoing and will stand by your side until you get the full recovery you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you receive for your spinal cord injury will depend on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and ability. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to secure you the full recovery you are entitled to in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely limit your faculty to move and perform basic activities. They also often necessitate numerous hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be massive.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Cole County, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to quantify the exact dollar amount you deserve because of your medical bills, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those costs will be. You should not have to pay because of another person'scareless behavior. Our Cole County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights hard on your case so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the liable party and that they give you compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to compute, and fundamentally refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your ability to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature enacted Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can recover in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve complete compensation for the catastrophic effect your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Cole County, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and complex, and that bewilderment can be exacerbated after your life has been put on pause by a destructive spinal cord injury. The dedicated and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Cole County, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Cole County, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case at once, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the complete compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely sharpened trial abilities to get you the recovery you are entitled to. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Cole County, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the maximum recovery you need to recover, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation, or call us at so we can get started on your case right away.