Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Concord, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Concord, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to speak to a qualified lawyer in Concord, MO about your case for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and resolve to insist on the maximum recovery you are entitled to. Do not wait. Call Burger Law now.
Concord, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a devastating impact on your life and the life of your family. If you or a loved one experienced an injury because of someone else’s dangerous actions or recklessness, you are upset and it can be hard to know what to do and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of devoted, compassionate and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are enduring and will vigorously demand your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you are entitled to. Whether you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a family member may require lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you deserve a great financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Concord, MO today at or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other variety of injury where someone else broke the rules and harmed you, you need the knowledgeable and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and insist that you get a complete recovery. We have over 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Concord, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case at once and we do not give up until you are awarded a complete recovery. We manage all every part of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your rehabilitation and your family’s well being after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages might be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you have an itch, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have an extreme impact on your faculty to complete basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is imperative to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, skill and experience to make certain you are awarded full compensation for the disastrous impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose complete feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you are able to retain some measure of feeling and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to find emergency medical treatment right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just receiving emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to really help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may require medical care and special devices for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on getting you maximum compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Concord, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and important part spinal cords play in our bodies, the consequences of a spinal cord injury can be grave. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person behaved recklessly and disregarded the rules, you need a skilled and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Concord, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and insist on a complete financial recovery. Some of the catastrophic effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your family member as basic daily activities like writing are no longer doable. You may have to hire a live-in nurse and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, limiting your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has feeling on parts of their skin, they will be highly at risk of burns, bedsores or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, it could cause low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you at risk of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an extreme impact on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that permit us to breathe, meaning you may necessitate a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is imperative to get in touch with the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party responsible for your injury, insist that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you also collect full compensation for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who use deceptive tricks to defraud you out of the money you deserve. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your case and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless actions. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim in Concord, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law today for a complimentary case review to find out what you can recover. Our talented and seasoned lawyers start working on your case straight away to get you all the compensation you are owed.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another party responsible for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car collisions account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal properly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about experienced a spinal cord injury in a car wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Concord, MO at for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your case at once. We will collect all important evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the crash and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of motor vehicle crash experts to demonstrate precisely how your spinal cord injury occurred and exactly how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents transpire when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your balance and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. Almost a third of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The proprietor or manager of a property is legally bound to keep their property reasonably safe. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Wet surfaces when there is no "wet floor" signs
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are responsible for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Concord, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will understand how to hold a negligent property owner liable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We secure great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with adequate care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not correctly supervising you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the compassionate and savvy spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not have to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a proper position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to addressed a relatively minor back injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over twenty years of experience with every type of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we are the Concord and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the hard cases and that we demand the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your medical professionals failed to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated clearly to the buyer. When they are irresponsible and you receive a spinal cord injury when using a dangerous product, you need the talented Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Concord, MO to hold them responsible. There are numerous products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that result in motor vehicle collisions
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company did not properly test a product, approved a product with an inherent flaw, failed to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to guarantee the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An accomplished and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Concord, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work around the clock to make certain that you get the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause injury to the spinal cord. If you experience a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Concord, MO work environment was hazardous. Generally speaking, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord occurs suddenly, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, for example construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer has a duty to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees go through proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Concord, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them responsible for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when an employee carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be hard cases to win because it is hard to prove when or why exactly the injury occurred. That is why it is always the best idea to seek medical attention the instance symptoms arise, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to review your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us prove your claim and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you experience and injury because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property manager is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if somebody shoots or hurts you willfully, they have committed a crime, and if they are criminally convicted, a court will typically order them to pay you damages. If they are not found guilty or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Concord, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not properly handling the gun) or behaved dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare cases, you might be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Concord, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are undergoing and will stand by your side until you get the best possible compensation you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you are awarded for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the effect the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s talent and savvy. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to win you the full recovery you are entitled to in order to help you recover. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical bills and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly impede your capacity to move and complete basic tasks. They also often necessitate exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often huge.
Since 2015, almost a third of people with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unfathomable financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Concord, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to work out the precise dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical costs, time off work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often they need to be replaced and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of someone else’scareless actions. Our Concord, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works tirelessly on your claim so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the negligent party and that they give you compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to asses, and essentially refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to find enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature approved Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve complete compensation for the catastrophic repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Concord, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and hard to understand, and that confusion can be exacerbated after your life has been disrupted by a devastating spinal cord injury. The dedicated and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Concord, MO will give you and your case the sincere and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Concord, MO law firm, we start working on your case straight away, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the maximum compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely sharpened trial abilities to win you the recovery you are entitled to. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Concord, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the complete recovery you need to heal, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a free consultation, or call us at so we can start working on your case now.