Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Crawford County, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Crawford County, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to speak to a knowledgeable lawyer in Crawford County, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and tenacity to insist on the full recovery you are owed. Do not wait. Call Burger Law immediately.
Crawford County, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have calamitous ramifications in your life and the life of your family. If you or a family member sustained an injury because of somebody else's negligence or carelessness, you are angry and you may be uncertain of how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of dedicated, empathetic and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are feeling and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you are owed. Regardless of if you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a family member may need lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you deserve a full financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Crawford County, MO today at or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where somebody else did not respect the rules and injured you, you require the talented and honest spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and demand that you get a complete recovery. We have more than two decades of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients recover over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Crawford County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case right away and we do not let up until you receive a great recovery. We handle every every facet of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your rehabilitation and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages may be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have a profound effect on your ability to perform basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why it is essential to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, talent and experience to make certain you collect full compensation for the cataclysmic effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose total feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you are able to retain some measure of sensation and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of causing complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical treatment without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just receiving emergency medical treatment is not enough to truly help you recover. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may require medical care and assistive devices for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you full compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Crawford County, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and important role spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be catastrophic. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was negligent and did not respect the rules, you need a savvy and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in Crawford County, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a great financial recovery. Some of the calamitous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your family member as basic daily tasks like using a computer are no longer possible. You might have to hire someone to care for you at home and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has feeling on parts of their skin, they will be greatly at risk of burns, pressure ulcers or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is disrupted by a spinal cord injury, it could result in low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a vast effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also impact the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may require a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional agony the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who try to deceive you to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your lawsuit and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or reckless actions. Based on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim in Crawford County, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law today for a complimentary case evaluation to find out what you can recover. Our talented and experienced lawyers start working on your case straight away to get you the full compensation you are entitled to.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another person to blame for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a variety of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal properly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about received a spinal cord injury in a car wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Crawford County, MO at for a complimentary case evaluation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your case immediately. We will gather all necessary evidence, including taking official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the wreck and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of motor vehicle collision experts to prove exactly how your spinal cord injury transpired and precisely how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents transpire when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object causes you to lose your equilibrium and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. Almost a third of spinal cord injuries are because of a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law called Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property is required to maintain a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Wet surfaces when there is no warning signage
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are to blame for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Crawford County, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding careless property managers liable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We get great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with adequate care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not sufficiently monitoring you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the empathetic and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not have to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to addressed a relatively minor back injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and result in paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved improperly during their emergency room visit, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every category of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because we are known as the Crawford County and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the complex cases and that we insist on maximum compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your doctor neglected to give you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated clearly to the customer. When they are irresponsible and you suffer a spinal cord injury when using a dangerous product, you need the skilled Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Crawford County, MO to hold them accountable. There are a variety of products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that lead to auto crashes
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company did not properly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, failed to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to guarantee the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An experienced and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Crawford County, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to ensure you collect the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause injury to the spinal cord. If you incur a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Crawford County, MO work site was unsafe. Generally speaking, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord transpires suddenly, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, for example construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer has a duty to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees go through adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Crawford County, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them responsible for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This transpires when a worker repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be complex cases to win because it is difficult to prove when or why exactly the injury occurred. That is why it is important to seek medical attention at the first sign of symptoms, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and experienced doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your claim and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you sustain and injury because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property manager is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you deserve.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or hurts you on purpose, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will often order them to pay you damages. If they are not convicted or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Crawford County, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not correctly handling the gun) or behaved dangerously (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare circumstances, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Crawford County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are undergoing and will stand next to you until you get the full recovery you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you collect for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the effect the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s experience and savvy. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to secure you the maximum recovery you are owed in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical costs and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously limit your capacity to move and complete basic tasks. They also often necessitate exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be staggering.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of people with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who sustains a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an incomprehensible financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Crawford County, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to quantify the correct dollar amount you deserve because of your medical costs, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those costs will be. You should not have to pay because of another person'scareless actions. Our Crawford County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights tirelessly on your case so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the negligent party and that they provide you with compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to asses, and fundamentally refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature passed Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in your recovery and knows that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the cataclysmic impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Crawford County, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and complicated, and that confusion can be aggravated after your life has been turned upside down by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The committed and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Crawford County, MO will give you and your case the sincere and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Crawford County, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case right away, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the complete compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial abilities to win you the recovery you are entitled to. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Crawford County, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the full recovery you need to recover, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case review, or call us at so we can get to work on your case immediately.