Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Cuba, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Cuba, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to converse with an expert lawyer in Cuba, MO and discuss your case for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and determination to demand the great recovery you deserve. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law immediately.
Cuba, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a devastating impact on your life and the life of your family. If you or a loved one received an injury because of someone else’s negligence or carelessness, you are angry and it can be difficult to know how to proceed and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of dedicated, compassionate and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are feeling and will vigorously demand your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you deserve. No Matter if you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a loved one may need lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are owed a full financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Cuba, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where someone else broke the rules and injured you, you require the accomplished and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and demand that you get the best possible compensation. We have more than 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients get more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Cuba, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we start working on your case straight away and we do not give up until you receive a great recovery. We oversee each every facet of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your recovery and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury could be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to go up some stairs, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have an extensive impact on your capacity to execute basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why it is essential to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, talent and experience to make sure you recover great compensation for the cataclysmic effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose total feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you maintain some amount of feeling and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can lead to paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your whole body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical treatment right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only getting emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to truly help you heal. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you receive maximum compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Cuba, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and vital role spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was reckless and disregarded the rules, you need a talented and veteran spinal cord injuries lawyer in Cuba, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and insist on a full financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like writing are no longer achievable. You may have to hire someone to care for you at home and may require someone else's help for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, limiting your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be greatly susceptible to, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is impeded by a spinal cord injury, it could lead to low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you at risk of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a vast impact on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may require a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is imperative to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party responsible for your injury, insist that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who try to cheat you to swindle you out of the money you are owed. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your claim and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or reckless actions. Based on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to recover compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim in Cuba, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law today for a free case evaluation to see what you can recover. Our skilled and seasoned lawyers begin working on your case at once to get you all the compensation you are owed.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another person liable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto wrecks account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a variety of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about sustained a spinal cord injury in a car accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Cuba, MO at for a complimentary case review. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your claim straight away. We will gather all necessary evidence, including conducting official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the wreck and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We use a network of auto wreck experts to show precisely how your spinal cord injury happened and exactly how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object causes you to lose your footing and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. Nearly one-third of spinal cord injuries are owing to a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property is legally bound to keep their property reasonably safe. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Slippery surfaces without warning signs
- Broken, damaged or poorly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Bad lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are liable for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Cuba, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a irresponsible property manager liable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We collect great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to give us adequate care and follow all the rules when we are at our most vulnerable. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not sufficiently keep on eye on you during surgery. When that happens, you need the compassionate and skilled spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a proper position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and result in paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly during their emergency room visit, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every category of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we are the Cuba and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the difficult cases and that we insist on full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your doctor neglected to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given understandably to the customer. When they are irresponsible and you experience a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the talented Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Cuba, MO to hold them responsible. There are numerous products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that lead to auto wrecks
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to adequately test a product, approved a product with an inherent fault, failed to issue a recall or otherwise did not ensure the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An experienced and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Cuba, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to make certain that you are awarded the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries involve injury to the spinal cord. If you incur a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Cuba, MO work circumstances were unsafe. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord occurs suddenly, for instance if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, for instance construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a greater risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees are given adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Cuba, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them responsible for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when a worker carries out a repetitive activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is tough to prove when or why exactly the injury occurred. That is why it is important to seek medical attention the instance symptoms arise, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your claim and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you are hurt because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every variety of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property operator is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if somebody shoots or harms you intentionally, they have committed a crime, and if they are criminally charged, a prosecutor will often order them to pay you damages. If they are not charged or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Cuba, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not properly handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare cases, you may have a claim against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and scared. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Cuba, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are experiencing and will stand by your side until you get the best possible compensation you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will depend on the effect the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and savvy. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to win you the complete recovery you deserve in order to help you recover. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you spent or will spend on medical bills and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely limit your faculty to move and carry out basic activities. They also often necessitate considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be massive.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of people with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they stay in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who sustains a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Cuba, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to determine the precise dollar amount you deserve because of your medical bills, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will work out exactly how often you will need a new one and what those expenses will be. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sdangerous actions. Our Cuba, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works hard on your suit so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the negligent party and that they give you compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to quantify, and essentially refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor gave the seal of approval to Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can recover in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to your recovery and understands that you need and deserve complete compensation for the catastrophic repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Cuba, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and difficult to understand, and that bewilderment can be aggravated after your life has been put on pause by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The devoted and knowledgeable spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Cuba, MO will give you and your case the genuine and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Cuba, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case straight away, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the complete compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely honed trial abilities to make sure you are awarded the recovery you deserve. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Cuba, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the full recovery you need to recover, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation, or call us at so we can begin working on your case at once.