Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Dexter, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Dexter, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer on your side. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to talk to a knowledgeable lawyer in Dexter, MO about your claim for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and resolve to demand the full recovery you are entitled to. Do not delay. Call Burger Law now.
Dexter, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a devastating effect on your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or a family member sustained an injury because of someone else’s irresponsible behavior or thoughtlessness, you are outraged and you may be unsure of what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of devoted, compassionate and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are experiencing and will vigorously demand your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you deserve. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a loved one may need lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you deserve a full financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Dexter, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where somebody else broke the rules and injured you, you need the expert and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and insist that you get maximum compensation. We have more than two decades of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients get over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Dexter, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case right away and we do not let up until you receive a great recovery. We handle all every aspect of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your rehabilitation and your family’s health after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages might be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to run, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have an extreme effect on your faculty to accomplish basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is imperative to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at (314) 500-HURT if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, savvy and experience to make sure you collect complete compensation for the cataclysmic effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose total feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you maintain some degree of feeling and motion below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to find emergency medical treatment without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely receiving emergency medical treatment is not enough to truly help you recover. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may require medical care and special equipment for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you get great compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Dexter, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a free case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and essential role spinal cords play in our bodies, the consequences of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else acted negligently and disregarded the rules, you need a talented and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer in Dexter, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and insist on a maximum financial recovery. Some of the calamitous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and severity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your family member as basic daily activities like eating and drinking are no longer possible. You may have to hire a live-in nurse and may have to depend on someone else for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be greatly susceptible to, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is obstructed by a spinal cord injury, you could develop low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an immense impact on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also impact the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is essential to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party accountable for your injury, insist that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you also receive maximum compensation for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who use deceptive tactics to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your claim and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless actions. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in Dexter, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law today for a complimentary case evaluation to see what you can recover. Our skilled and seasoned lawyers start working on your case immediately to get you the full compensation you are owed.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another person accountable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle wrecks account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a number of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member received a spinal cord injury in a car wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Dexter, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a free consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your claim at once. We will collect all pertinent evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, obtaining surveillance video of the crash and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of motor vehicle collision experts to demonstrate precisely how your spinal cord injury occurred and exactly how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents transpire when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object causes you to lose your footing and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property has to maintain a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Slippery floors without warning signs
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Poor lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are liable for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Dexter, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding irresponsible property owners responsible. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We get great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We count on doctors and healthcare professionals to give us sufficient care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not sufficiently observing you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the compassionate and savvy spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a proper position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to addressed a relatively minor back injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because we are known as the Dexter and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the complex cases and that we demand full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your doctor failed to give you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given clearly to the customer. When they are irresponsible and you experience a spinal cord injury when using a dangerous product, you need the knowledgeable Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Dexter, MO to hold them accountable. There are numerous products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that lead to motor vehicle accidents
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to correctly test a product, approved a product with an inherent defect, did not issue a recall or otherwise did not establish the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An seasoned and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Dexter, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to make certain that you are awarded the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause injury to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury while on the job, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Dexter, MO work site was unsafe. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord transpires suddenly, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, for example construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a greater risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer has a responsibility to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees are given sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Dexter, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when an employee repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is difficult to prove precisely when or why you experienced your injury. That is why it is always the best idea to seek medical attention the instance symptoms arise, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us prove your case and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you are injured because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every category of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property operator is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you are owed.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or hurts you intentionally, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a judge will typically order them to compensate you. If they are not found guilty or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Dexter, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not safely handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare cases, you might have a claim against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and afraid. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Dexter, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are experiencing and will stand by your side until you get the maximum compensation you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you collect for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the repercussions the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and savvy. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to make sure you get the full recovery you deserve in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will have to pay for medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously impede your capacity to move and carry out basic activities. They also often necessitate exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often staggering.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who sustains a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incomprehensible financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Dexter, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to work out the correct dollar amount you deserve because of your medical costs, time off work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will work out exactly how often you will need a new one and what those expenses will be. You should not have to pay because of another person'scareless actions. Our Dexter, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works hard on your case so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the at-fault party and that they provide you with compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to determine, and fundamentally refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature enacted Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can recover in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve full compensation for the cataclysmic repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Dexter, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and hard to understand, and that bewilderment can be multiplied after your life has been put on pause by a destructive spinal cord injury. The devoted and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Dexter, MO will give you and your case the sincere and ardent representation you deserve. Once you hire our Dexter, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case right away, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the complete compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial abilities to win you the recovery you are entitled to. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Dexter, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the maximum recovery you need to recover, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary consultation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can get started on your case immediately.