Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Florissant, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Florissant, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to converse with a qualified lawyer in Florissant, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and tenacity to demand the maximum recovery you are entitled to. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law now.
Florissant, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a disastrous effect on your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or a loved one sustained an injury because of somebody else's irresponsible behavior or thoughtlessness, you are angry and you may not know how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of dedicated, kindhearted and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are experiencing and will aggressively demand your recovery until you collect the compensation you are entitled to. Regardless of if you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a loved one may need lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are owed a full financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Florissant, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
If your spinal cord injury was the result of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other variety of injury where somebody else broke the rules and injured you, you require the accomplished and honest spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and demand that you get maximum compensation. We have over two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients recover over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Florissant, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we start working on your case right away and we do not give up until you receive a complete recovery. We manage every every detail of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your recovery and your family’s well being after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury may be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to go up some stairs, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you have an itch, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extensive impact on your capacity to execute basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at (314) 500-HURT if you experience a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, talent and experience to ensure you collect great compensation for the catastrophic impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose total feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you maintain some measure of sensation and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a higher chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to find emergency medical treatment without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just getting emergency medical treatment is not enough to truly help you heal. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may require medical care and assistive devices for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you get the best possible compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Florissant, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and important part spinal cords play in our bodies, the consequences of a spinal cord injury can be grave. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else was thoughtless and disregarded the rules, you need a skilled and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in Florissant, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and insist on a full financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your family member as basic daily activities like eating and drinking are no longer possible. You might have to hire someone to care for you at home and may have to depend on someone else for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has feeling on parts of their skin, they will be highly in danger of, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, you could have low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an immense effect on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is vital to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you also collect complete compensation for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who use deceptive schemes to swindle you out of the money you are owed. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your lawsuit and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless actions. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to recover compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Florissant, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law now for a complimentary case evaluation to see what you can recover. Our savvy and experienced lawyers get to work on your case straight away to get you all the compensation you are entitled to.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another person accountable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto collisions make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a loved one received a spinal cord injury in a auto accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Florissant, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we get to work on your claim immediately. We will gather all pertinent evidence, including taking official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, obtaining surveillance video of the wreck and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We use a network of car accident experts to prove exactly how your spinal cord injury was incurred and exactly how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your stability and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. Over 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are due to a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law called Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property is legally bound to maintain a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Wet surfaces without "wet floor" signs
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wiring
- Poor lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are liable for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Florissant, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding careless property operators responsible. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We collect great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with the right care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not adequately supervising you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the empathetic and skilled spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not have to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned correctly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to addressed a relatively minor back injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than two decades of experience with every category of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we are the Florissant and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the complex cases and that we insist on maximum compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your medical professionals neglected to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given plainly to the buyer. When they are reckless and you receive a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the accomplished Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Florissant, MO to hold them accountable. There are numerous products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that lead to auto collisions
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company did not properly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, did not issue a recall or otherwise neglected to establish the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An seasoned and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Florissant, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to ensure you are awarded the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries result in harm to the spinal cord. If you experience a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Florissant, MO work environment was unsafe. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord occurs immediately, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, like construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Florissant, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when a worker carries out a repetitive activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be tough cases to win because it is difficult to prove precisely when or why you experienced your injury. That is why it is important to seek medical attention at the first sign of symptoms, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to discuss your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and knowledgeable doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us prove your claim and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you experience and injury because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property operator is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or hurts you on purpose, that is a crime, and if they are criminally convicted, a prosecutor will typically order them to pay you damages. If they are not convicted or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Florissant, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not safely handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare instances, you may have a case against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate Florissant, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are undergoing and will stand next to you until you get the best possible compensation you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will depend on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s expertise and savvy. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to make sure you get the complete recovery you are owed in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical expenses and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly impede your ability to move and carry out basic tasks. They also often necessitate extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often massive.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they stay in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an incomprehensible financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Florissant, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to work out the correct dollar amount you are owed because of your medical expenses, time off work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of another person'sreckless behavior. Our Florissant, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works tirelessly on your claim so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the liable party and that they provide you with compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to compute, and essentially refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your ability to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature put into law Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can receive in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve complete compensation for the devastating impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Florissant, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and complex, and that bewilderment can be intensified after your life has been put on pause by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The devoted and knowledgeable spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Florissant, MO will give you and your case the sincere and impassioned representation you deserve. Once you hire our Florissant, MO law firm, we start working on your case right away, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the maximum compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely sharpened trial skills to make sure you are awarded the recovery you are entitled to. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Florissant, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you receive the full recovery you need to recover, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can begin working on your case at once.