Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Fort Leonard Wood, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer on your side. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to converse with a knowledgeable lawyer in Fort Leonard Wood, MO and discuss your case for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and will power to demand the best possible recovery you deserve. Do not wait. Call Burger Law now.
Fort Leonard Wood, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a disastrous impact on your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or a loved one sustained an injury because of another person's negligence or carelessness, you are angry and you may not know how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of committed, kindhearted and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are feeling and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you collect the compensation you are entitled to. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a family member may need lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you deserve a full financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Fort Leonard Wood, MO today at or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other type of injury where another person did not respect the rules and injured you, you need the knowledgeable and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and insist that you get the best possible compensation. We have more than 20 years of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Fort Leonard Wood, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we start working on your case straight away and we do not rest until you receive a full recovery. We handle all every aspect of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your rehabilitation and your family’s well being after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury may be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to go up some stairs, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have a terrible impact on your ability to execute basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, talent and experience to make sure you receive maximum compensation for the cataclysmic effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose total feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you maintain some measure of feeling and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a higher chance of causing complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to find emergency medical care without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely receiving emergency medical treatment is not adequate to truly help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and special devices for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you complete compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Fort Leonard Wood, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and essential part spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person acted recklessly and broke the rules, you need a skilled and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Fort Leonard Wood, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and demand a maximum financial recovery. Some of the catastrophic effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like combing your hair are no longer feasible. You may have to hire a care provider and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, limiting your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has sensation on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly susceptible to, bedsores or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, it could lead to low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a colossal impact on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is vital to get in touch with the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party responsible for your injury, insist that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you also get complete compensation for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who try to cheat you to swindle you out of the money you are owed. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your lawsuit and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless actions. Based on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to collect compensation from the liable party by filing a personal injury claim in Fort Leonard Wood, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law today for a complimentary consultation to find out what you can recover. Our talented and seasoned lawyers get to work on your case right away to get you all the compensation you deserve.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another person accountable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while tired
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a loved one sustained a spinal cord injury in a auto wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Fort Leonard Wood, MO at for a complimentary case evaluation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your claim at once. We will collect all important evidence, including taking official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the wreck and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of motor vehicle wreck experts to demonstrate precisely how your spinal cord injury was incurred and exactly how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents transpire when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object causes you to lose your balance and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are because of a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property is required to maintain a reasonable level of safety on their property. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Wet floors when there is no warning signs
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are responsible for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Fort Leonard Wood, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding careless property operators accountable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We get great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We count on doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with proper care and follow all the rules when we are at our most vulnerable. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not adequately observing you during surgery. When that happens, you need the empathetic and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned correctly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to addressed a relatively minor back injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and result in paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved improperly during their emergency room stay, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we are the Fort Leonard Wood and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the hard cases and that we insist on full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your doctor neglected to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated understandably to the customer. When they are careless and you experience a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the knowledgeable Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Fort Leonard Wood, MO to hold them responsible. There are a variety of products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that cause motor vehicle wrecks
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to correctly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, failed to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to establish the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An veteran and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Fort Leonard Wood, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to ensure you get the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause injury to the spinal cord. If you sustain a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Fort Leonard Wood, MO work site was dangerous. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord occurs suddenly, for instance if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, for example construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Fort Leonard Wood, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when a worker carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body wears down over time. These can be hard cases to win because it is hard to prove precisely when or why you received your injury. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention the moment symptoms emerge, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to review your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and experienced doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us win your case and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you are injured because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every category of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property operator is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or harms you purposefully, they have committed a crime, and if they are criminally charged, a prosecutor will typically order them to compensate you. If they are not charged or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Fort Leonard Wood, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not safely handling the gun) or behaved dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare circumstances, you might have a claim against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Fort Leonard Wood, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are experiencing and will stand by your side until you get the complete compensation you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you get for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical bills and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s talent and savvy. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to make sure you get the maximum recovery you deserve in order to help you recover. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you spent or will spend on medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely hamper your ability to move and perform basic activities. They also often necessitate exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often huge.
Since 2015, nearly a third of patients with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they stay in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unbelievable financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Fort Leonard Wood, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to work out the precise dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical expenses, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will work out exactly how often you will need a new one and what those expenses will be. You should not have to pay because of another person'sreckless actions. Our Fort Leonard Wood, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights tirelessly on your suit so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the liable party and that they give you compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to asses, and essentially refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your ability to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor signed Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can receive in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in your recovery and understands that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the catastrophic consequences your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Fort Leonard Wood, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and hard to understand, and that confusion can be multiplied after your life has been disrupted by a devastating spinal cord injury. The dedicated and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Fort Leonard Wood, MO will give you and your case the sincere and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Fort Leonard Wood, MO law firm, we start working on your case immediately, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the full recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely sharpened trial skills to get you the recovery you are owed. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Fort Leonard Wood, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the complete recovery you need to heal, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a free case evaluation, or call us at so we can get to work on your case now.