Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Garden City, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Garden City, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer on your side. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to talk to a knowledgeable lawyer in Garden City, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and tenacity to insist on the full recovery you are entitled to. Do not wait. Call Burger Law now.
Garden City, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have disastrous ramifications in your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or someone you care about experienced an injury because of somebody else's negligence or thoughtlessness, you are upset and it can be hard to know how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of committed, caring and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are feeling and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you get the compensation you deserve. No Matter if you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a loved one may require lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you deserve a maximum financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and help you recover. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Garden City, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was the result of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where another person disregarded the rules and hurt you, you require the talented and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and insist that you get a maximum recovery. We have over 20 years of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients recover over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Garden City, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case at once and we do not let up until you are awarded a complete recovery. We manage all every detail of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your rehabilitation and your family’s health after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages might be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to walk, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have a terrible effect on your capacity to carry out basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, talent and experience to ensure you recover maximum compensation for the devastating effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose total feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord happened. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you keep some degree of feeling and motion below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can lead to paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to seek emergency medical care right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just receiving emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to really help you heal. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may require medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you recover great compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Garden City, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and essential role spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person acted negligently and broke the rules, you need a skilled and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Garden City, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and demand a maximum financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your loved one as basic daily activities like using a computer are no longer possible. You may have to hire someone to care for you at home and may have to depend on someone else for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like running, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, impeding your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has sensation on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly at risk of burns, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is impeded by a spinal cord injury, it could lead to low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a colossal effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also inhibit the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may necessitate a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party accountable for your injury, insist that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional trauma the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who use misleading tricks to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your case and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or dangerous behavior. Based on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to receive compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in Garden City, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law right away for a free consultation to see what you can recover. Our savvy and experienced lawyers start working on your case immediately to get you all the compensation you are entitled to.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another party accountable for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car wrecks make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a variety of situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal properly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member experienced a spinal cord injury in a car crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Garden City, MO at for a free consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your claim at once. We will gather all necessary evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the wreck and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We utilize a network of car collision experts to prove precisely how your spinal cord injury happened and exactly how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your stability and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. Almost one-third of spinal cord injuries are because of a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law called Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property must keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Wet floors when there is no warning signage
- Broken, damaged or poorly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Bad lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are liable for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Garden City, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding negligent property owners accountable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We get great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We have faith in doctors and healthcare professionals to give us the right care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they break those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not properly supervising you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the trustworthy and savvy spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned correctly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly during their emergency room visit, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over twenty years of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies fear us because we are known as the Garden City and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the complex cases and that we insist on maximum compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your medical professionals failed to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given understandably to the consumer. When they are irresponsible and you sustain a spinal cord injury when using a dangerous product, you need the skilled Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Garden City, MO to hold them responsible. There are numerous products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that cause auto accidents
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to correctly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, failed to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to establish the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An experienced and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Garden City, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to make sure you get the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to damage to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Garden City, MO work circumstances were unsafe. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord happens suddenly, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, for example construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer has a duty to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Garden City, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when an employee repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be hard cases to win because it is tough to prove when or why exactly you received your injury. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention the moment symptoms arise, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and knowledgeable doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us prove your case and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you are harmed because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every variety of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property owner is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or harms you purposefully, that is a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will often order them to compensate you. If they are not found guilty or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Garden City, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not safely handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who was drunk while handling the gun). In rare cases, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and afraid. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Garden City, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are experiencing and will stand by your side until you get the best possible compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you receive for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s experience and savvy. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to make sure you get the complete recovery you are entitled to in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you spent or will spend on medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely impede your faculty to move and perform basic tasks. They also often necessitate numerous hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often massive.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of people with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unbelievable financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Garden City, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to determine the precise dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical costs, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will work out exactly how often you will need a new one and what those costs will be. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'scareless actions. Our Garden City, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights tirelessly on your claim so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the liable party and that they give you compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to determine, and essentially refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature passed Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can receive in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve full compensation for the devastating consequences your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Garden City, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and difficult to understand, and that confusion can be aggravated after your life has been turned upside down by a devastating spinal cord injury. The committed and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Garden City, MO will give you and your case the genuine and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Garden City, MO law firm, we start working on your case straight away, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the maximum compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely honed trial skills to win you the recovery you deserve. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Garden City, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the full recovery you need to heal, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a free case evaluation, or call us at so we can start working on your case immediately.