Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer House Springs, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in House Springs, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to talk to a qualified lawyer in House Springs, MO about your claim for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and tenacity to demand the full recovery you are entitled to. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law immediately.
House Springs, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have devastating repercussions in your life and the life of your family. If you or someone you care about received an injury because of another person's irresponsible behavior or recklessness, you are upset and you may be unsure of what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of dedicated, compassionate and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are experiencing and will aggressively demand your recovery until you get the compensation you are owed. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have discovered that you or a family member may need lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are entitled to a full financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and help you recover. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in House Springs, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where someone else disregarded the rules and hurt you, you require the talented and honest spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and insist that you get a complete recovery. We have over two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s House Springs, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case at once and we do not rest until you collect a great recovery. We manage each every facet of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your recovery and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury could be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have a profound impact on your ability to execute basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why it is essential to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at (314) 500-HURT if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, savvy and experience to ensure you are awarded the best possible compensation for the catastrophic effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose complete feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury happens when you still have some degree of feeling and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to find emergency medical care without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely getting emergency medical treatment is not adequate to really help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may require medical care and assistive devices for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you recover maximum compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our House Springs, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a free case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and important part spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else acted negligently and did not respect the rules, you need a talented and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in House Springs, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and demand a full financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your loved one as basic daily activities like combing your hair are no longer doable. You might have to hire a live-in nurse and may require someone else's help for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like running, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has feeling on certain areas of their skin, they will be highly in danger of, pressure ulcers or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, it could lead to low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an immense effect on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may necessitate a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is essential to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party responsible for your injury, demand that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you also receive maximum compensation for the emotional agony the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who try to cheat you to swindle you out of the money you deserve. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your case and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless behavior. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to collect compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim in House Springs, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law today for a free consultation to see what you can recover. Our skilled and experienced lawyers start working on your case immediately to get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another party to blame for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car wrecks account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal properly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about experienced a spinal cord injury in a car wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in House Springs, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your case at once. We will collect all relevant evidence, including carrying out official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, obtaining surveillance video of the crash and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We use a network of motor vehicle wreck experts to show precisely how your spinal cord injury happened and precisely how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents occur when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object causes you to lose your balance and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property has to keep their property reasonably safe. Instances of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Wet surfaces without "wet floor" signage
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wiring
- Poor lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are to blame for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the House Springs, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding irresponsible property operators responsible. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We secure great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with sufficient care and follow all the rules when we are at our most vulnerable. Sometimes they break those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as giving you an incorrect diagnosis or not sufficiently keep on eye on you during surgery. When that happens, you need the empathetic and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery has nothing to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously hardto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every kind of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we are the House Springs and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the complex cases and that we insist on great compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your medical professionals neglected to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated understandably to the buyer. When they are reckless and you receive a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the skilled Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in House Springs, MO to hold them accountable. There are numerous products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that lead to auto collisions
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to adequately test a product, approved a product with an inherent flaw, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise did not establish the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An seasoned and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in House Springs, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause injury to the spinal cord. If you incur a spinal cord injury while on the job, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your House Springs, MO work environment was hazardous. Generally speaking, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord transpires immediately, for instance if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, for instance construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a greater risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in House Springs, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when a worker repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be complicated cases to win because it is tough to prove precisely when or why you experienced your injury. That is why it is vital to seek medical attention the moment symptoms arise, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us prove your case and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you sustain and injury because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property manager is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or injured you on purpose, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will often order them to compensate you. If they are not charged or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in House Springs, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not properly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who was drunk while handling the gun). In rare instances, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic House Springs, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are experiencing and will stand in your corner until you get the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you collect for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the repercussions the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and ability. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to win you the maximum recovery you deserve in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical bills and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously hamper your faculty to move and complete basic tasks. They also often require numerous hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often huge.
Since 2015, almost a third of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who sustains a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incomprehensible financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in House Springs, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to quantify the exact dollar amount you are owed because of your medical bills, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will work out exactly how often they need to be replaced and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of another person'sreckless behavior. Our House Springs, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights hard on your suit so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the negligent party and that they give you compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to asses, and essentially refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your ability to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature enacted Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can recover in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve complete compensation for the devastating effect your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The House Springs, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and difficult to understand, and that confusion can be intensified after your life has been put on pause by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The dedicated and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in House Springs, MO will give you and your case the genuine and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our House Springs, MO law firm, we start working on your case straight away, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the maximum recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial abilities to make sure you are awarded the recovery you deserve. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the House Springs, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the full recovery you need to recover, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can get started on your case immediately.