Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Jefferson County, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Jefferson County, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer on your side. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to talk to a knowledgeable lawyer in Jefferson County, MO about your claim for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and will power to demand the full recovery you deserve. Do not waste any time. Call Burger Law right away.
Jefferson County, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a catastrophic effect on your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or a loved one sustained an injury because of somebody else's irresponsible behavior or recklessness, you are outraged and you may be uncertain of how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of dedicated, empathetic and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are experiencing and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you are entitled to. Whether you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a family member may need lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are entitled to a maximum financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Jefferson County, MO today at or contact us online for a free consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where someone else disregarded the rules and hurt you, you require the talented and honest spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and demand that you get a full recovery. We have over 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients get over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Jefferson County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case straight away and we do not let up until you collect a great recovery. We oversee every every aspect of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your recovery and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury might be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have a terrible impact on your faculty to carry out basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, skill and experience to make certain you are completely compensated for the devastating effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose total feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you are able to retain some degree of feeling and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of causing complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical treatment without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely getting emergency medical treatment is not enough to truly help you recover. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and assistive devices for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you collect complete compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Jefferson County, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and vital part spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else was reckless and broke the rules, you need a talented and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Jefferson County, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and insist on a full financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like using a phone are no longer feasible. You may have to hire someone to care for you at home and may have to depend on someone else for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has feeling on parts of their skin, they will be highly in danger of, bedsores or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is disrupted by a spinal cord injury, you could have low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a huge effect on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may require a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is key to get in touch with the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party accountable for your injury, insist that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who try to trick you to defraud you out of the money you are entitled to. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your claim and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or irresponsible behavior. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to receive compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Jefferson County, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law now for a complimentary case evaluation to find out what you can recover. Our savvy and accomplished lawyers begin working on your case immediately to get you the maximum compensation you are owed.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another party accountable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto crashes make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a variety of situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about sustained a spinal cord injury in a auto wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Jefferson County, MO at for a free case review. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your claim immediately. We will collect all relevant evidence, including conducting official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the accident and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We utilize a network of car collision experts to prove exactly how your spinal cord injury transpired and precisely how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your equilibrium and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property is required to keep their property reasonably safe. Instances of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Slippery floors when there is no warning signage
- Broken, damaged or poorly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wiring
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are to blame for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will demonstrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Jefferson County, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding irresponsible property managers accountable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We secure great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to give us the right care and follow all the rules when we are at our most vulnerable. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not sufficiently keep on eye on you during surgery. When that happens, you need the empathetic and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to addressed a relatively minor back injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and result in paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than two decades of experience with every kind of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because we are known as the Jefferson County and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the tough cases and that we insist on the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your medical professionals neglected to offer you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given clearly to the buyer. When they are careless and you suffer a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the skilled Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Jefferson County, MO to hold them responsible. There are numerous products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that result in car crashes
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to insufficiently test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, failed to issue a recall or otherwise failed to establish the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An veteran and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Jefferson County, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work around the clock to make sure you collect the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries result in injury to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Jefferson County, MO work circumstances were dangerous. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord happens suddenly, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, for instance construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these varieties of injuries. Your employer has an obligation to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Jefferson County, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when a worker repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is tough to prove when or why exactly the injury was incurred. That is why it is important to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and accomplished doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us prove your suit and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you are harmed because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property operator is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and get you the recovery you are entitled to.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if somebody shoots or hurts you willfully, that is a crime, and if they are found guilty, a judge will typically order them to compensate you. If they are not charged or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Jefferson County, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (such as not properly handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare circumstances, you might be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and scared. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Jefferson County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are going through and will stand by your side until you get the full recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you are awarded for your spinal cord injury will depend on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and savvy. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to win you the full recovery you deserve in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical expenses and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely hamper your ability to move and perform basic activities. They also often necessitate considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be huge.
Since 2015, almost a third of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who receives a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unbelievable financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Jefferson County, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to work out the precise dollar amount you deserve because of your medical expenses, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often they need to be replaced and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sdangerous actions. Our Jefferson County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works relentlessly on your claim so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the negligent party and that they provide you with compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to quantify, and fundamentally refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature approved Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can recover in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in your recovery and understands that you need and deserve complete compensation for the cataclysmic effect your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Jefferson County, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complicated, and that confusion can be intensified after your life has been put on pause by a destructive spinal cord injury. The devoted and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Jefferson County, MO will give you and your case the sincere and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Jefferson County, MO law firm, we start working on your case immediately, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the complete recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial abilities to make sure you are awarded the recovery you deserve. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Jefferson County, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the maximum recovery you need to recover, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free case evaluation, or call us at so we can get started on your case immediately.