Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Kearney, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Kearney, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to consult with a qualified lawyer in Kearney, MO about your case for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and will power to demand the maximum recovery you are entitled to. Do not delay. Call Burger Law right away.
Kearney, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have devastating repercussions in your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or a loved one experienced an injury because of another person's negligence or carelessness, you are upset and you may not know how to proceed and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of committed, empathetic and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are enduring and will vigorously demand your recovery until you collect the compensation you are entitled to. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a loved one may require lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you deserve a full financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Kearney, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where someone else did not respect the rules and hurt you, you need the expert and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and insist that you get a maximum recovery. We have more than two decades of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Kearney, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we start working on your case straight away and we do not rest until you collect a great recovery. We oversee each every detail of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your recovery and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages might be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extensive effect on your capacity to execute basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you need to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law now at if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, skill and experience to ensure you are completely compensated for the disastrous effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose all feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you keep some amount of sensation and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical care right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just receiving emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to really help you heal. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may require medical care and special equipment for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you collect maximum compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Kearney, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and vital role spinal cords play in our bodies, the repercussions of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else acted negligently and did not respect the rules, you need a skilled and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer in Kearney, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and insist on a maximum financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like combing your hair are no longer achievable. You may have to hire a care provider and may require someone else's help for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like running, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has feeling on certain areas of their skin, they will be highly in danger of, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is obstructed by a spinal cord injury, you could develop low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a huge impact on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also impact the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may need a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party accountable for your injury, insist that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional trauma the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We take on bullies like insurance companies who try to trick you to swindle you out of the money you are owed. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your lawsuit and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or careless actions. Based on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to recover compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Kearney, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law today for a free case review to see what you can recover. Our talented and accomplished lawyers start working on your case at once to get you all the compensation you are owed.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another party responsible for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car accidents make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide range of situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while tired
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member sustained a spinal cord injury in a car accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Kearney, MO at for a free consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your case immediately. We will collect all relevant evidence, including carrying out official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, obtaining surveillance video of the wreck and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of car crash experts to prove precisely how your spinal cord injury was incurred and precisely how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your balance and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. Over 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are because of a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property is required to keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Slippery surfaces without "wet floor" signage
- Broken, damaged or poorly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wiring
- Poor lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are responsible for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Kearney, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a irresponsible property owner liable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We secure great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We have faith in doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with sufficient care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they break those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not adequately supervising you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the trustworthy and talented spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies fear us because we are known as the Kearney and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the hard cases and that we insist on maximum compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your medical professionals neglected to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given clearly to the consumer. When they are irresponsible and you receive a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the experienced Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Kearney, MO to hold them accountable. There are a variety of products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as faulty brakes, that cause car wrecks
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company did not insufficiently test a product, approved a product with an inherent fault, failed to issue a recall or otherwise did not guarantee the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An seasoned and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Kearney, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to make sure you collect the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause damage to the spinal cord. If you sustain a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Kearney, MO work environment was dangerous. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord happens suddenly, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, such as construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer has an obligation to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees go through sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Kearney, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them accountable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when a worker repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be hard cases to win because it is tough to prove when or why exactly the injury occurred. That is why it is important to seek medical attention the instance symptoms arise, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and accomplished doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us prove your suit and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you receive and injury because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every category of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property manager is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or hurts you on purpose, they have committed a crime, and if they are criminally convicted, a court will usually order them to compensate you. If they are not convicted or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Kearney, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not properly handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare instances, you might be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and scared. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Kearney, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are undergoing and will stand by your side until you get the complete compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you receive for your spinal cord injury will depend on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s expertise and ability. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to make sure you get the maximum recovery you are entitled to in order to help you recover. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely impede your capacity to move and carry out basic tasks. They also often necessitate extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be massive.
Since 2015, nearly one-third of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who sustains a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Kearney, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to calculate the exact dollar amount you deserve because of your medical expenses, inability to work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those costs will be. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sthoughtless actions. Our Kearney, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works hard on your claim so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the at-fault party and that they give you compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to asses, and essentially refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your ability to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature put into law Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can receive in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the catastrophic impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Kearney, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complex, and that confusion can be exacerbated after your life has been disrupted by a destructive spinal cord injury. The committed and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Kearney, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and ardent representation you deserve. Once you hire our Kearney, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case at once, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the maximum recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely honed trial abilities to make sure you are awarded the recovery you deserve. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Kearney, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the full recovery you need to heal, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free consultation, or call us at so we can begin working on your case right away.