Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Kennet, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Kennet, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to talk to a qualified lawyer in Kennet, MO about your claim for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and determination to demand the full recovery you are entitled to. Do not delay. Call Burger Law right away.
Kennet, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have devastating ramifications in your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or a loved one sustained an injury because of somebody else's irresponsible actions or carelessness, you are outraged and it can be hard to know how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of dedicated, kindhearted and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are feeling and will vigorously demand your recovery until you get the compensation you are entitled to. No Matter if you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a family member may be in need of lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are owed a full financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and help you recover. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Kennet, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was the result of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where somebody else did not respect the rules and hurt you, you need the knowledgeable and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and demand that you get full compensation. We have more than 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Kennet, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case at once and we do not let up until you collect a full recovery. We handle all every aspect of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your recovery and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages could be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to run, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have an extensive impact on your faculty to execute basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you need to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at (314) 500-HURT if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, talent and experience to make certain you are completely compensated for the cataclysmic effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose complete feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury happens when you keep some measure of feeling and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a higher chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to find emergency medical care immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely undergoing emergency medical treatment is not enough to truly help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may require medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you collect maximum compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Kennet, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and essential role spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person behaved recklessly and did not respect the rules, you need a skilled and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Kennet, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and insist on a maximum financial recovery. Some of the calamitous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your loved one as basic daily activities like eating and drinking are no longer doable. You may have to hire a live-in nurse and may have to depend on someone else for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, limiting your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be greatly at risk of burns, bedsores or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is obstructed by a spinal cord injury, it could lead to low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a huge impact on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that control breathing breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is imperative to contact the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who use misleading ploys to defraud you out of the money you are entitled to. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your case and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or reckless behavior. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in Kennet, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law right away for a complimentary case review to find out what you can recover. Our savvy and experienced lawyers get to work on your case straight away to get you the full compensation you are entitled to.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another party responsible for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto crashes make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide range of situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a loved one received a spinal cord injury in a auto accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Kennet, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we get to work on your case at once. We will gather all relevant evidence, including taking official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the crash and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of motor vehicle accident experts to demonstrate precisely how your spinal cord injury happened and exactly how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object causes you to lose your balance and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law called Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property has to keep their property reasonably safe. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Slippery surfaces when there is no warning signage
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wires
- Bad lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are liable for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Kennet, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding negligent property operators responsible. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We collect great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to give us the right care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they break those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not properly observing you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the trustworthy and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery has nothing to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved improperly during their emergency room stay, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over twenty years of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because they know we are the Kennet and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the hard cases and that we demand full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your medical professionals neglected to offer you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given plainly to the customer. When they are irresponsible and you sustain a spinal cord injury when using a dangerous product, you need the experienced Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Kennet, MO to hold them accountable. There are many products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as faulty brakes, that cause auto accidents
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company did not properly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to ensure the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An seasoned and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Kennet, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to make certain that you collect the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to damage to the spinal cord. If you sustain a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Kennet, MO work environment was hazardous. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord happens in one moment, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, such as construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these varieties of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Kennet, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them responsible for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when a worker repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is tough to prove precisely when or why the injury occurred. That is why it is important to seek medical attention the moment symptoms appear, and to contact a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and experienced doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us prove your claim and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you experience and injury because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property operator is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or injured you willfully, they have committed a crime, and if they are criminally convicted, a court will often order them to pay you damages. If they are not convicted or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Kennet, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not correctly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who was drunk while handling the gun). In rare cases, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and afraid. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate Kennet, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are undergoing and will stand by your side until you get the best possible recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you are awarded for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the consequences the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and savvy. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to make sure you get the complete recovery you deserve in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will have to pay for medical costs and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly inhibit your faculty to move and complete basic activities. They also often require numerous hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often staggering.
Since 2015, nearly a third of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an unbelievable financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Kennet, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to calculate the correct dollar amount you are owed because of your medical costs, inability to work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those costs will be. You should not have to pay because of someone else’scareless behavior. Our Kennet, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works hard on your case so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the at-fault party and that they provide you with compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to quantify, and fundamentally refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature approved Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can receive in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve full compensation for the devastating impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Kennet, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and hard to understand, and that confusion can be multiplied after your life has been turned upside down by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The committed and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Kennet, MO will give you and your case the genuine and impassioned representation you deserve. Once you hire our Kennet, MO law firm, we start working on your case at once, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the maximum compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely sharpened trial abilities to win you the recovery you are entitled to. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Kennet, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the full recovery you need to heal, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary consultation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can get to work on your case immediately.