Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Lake Ozark, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Lake Ozark, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to converse with a qualified lawyer in Lake Ozark, MO about your claim for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and resolve to demand the best possible recovery you are entitled to. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law immediately.
Lake Ozark, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a devastating effect on your life and the life of your family. If you or a loved one experienced an injury because of another person's negligence or carelessness, you are angry and you may not know how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of committed, caring and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are experiencing and will vigorously demand your recovery until you receive the compensation you deserve. No Matter if you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a loved one may need lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are entitled to a full financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Lake Ozark, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where someone else did not respect the rules and hurt you, you need the knowledgeable and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and insist that you get a complete recovery. We have over two decades of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Lake Ozark, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case straight away and we do not give up until you receive a complete recovery. We manage each every facet of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your rehabilitation and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury could be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to run, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you have an itch, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extensive effect on your faculty to perform basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why you need to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, savvy and experience to make sure you are awarded complete compensation for the disastrous impact you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose total feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury happens when you maintain some amount of feeling and motion below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your whole body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to find emergency medical treatment immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just receiving emergency medical treatment is not adequate to truly help you heal. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may require medical care and assistive devices for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on getting you complete compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Lake Ozark, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and important role spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else was reckless and disregarded the rules, you need a talented and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Lake Ozark, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a full financial recovery. Some of the calamitous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and severity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like brushing your teeth are no longer achievable. You might have to hire a live-in nurse and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has sensation on certain areas of their skin, they will be highly in danger of, pressure ulcers or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, you could experience low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you at risk of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an immense effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also inhibit the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may necessitate a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is essential to get in touch with the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party accountable for your injury, insist that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional agony the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who try to cheat you to defraud you out of the money you deserve. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your case and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or irresponsible actions. Based on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to recover compensation from the liable party by filing a personal injury claim in Lake Ozark, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law right away for a complimentary consultation to find out what you can recover. Our savvy and accomplished lawyers start working on your case right away to get you the entire compensation you are entitled to.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another party accountable for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto crashes account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a loved one received a spinal cord injury in a car wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Lake Ozark, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary case review. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we get to work on your claim right away. We will collect all pertinent evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the accident and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of car accident experts to demonstrate exactly how your spinal cord injury occurred and exactly how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents occur when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object causes you to lose your balance and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are owing to a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property has to maintain a reasonable level of safety on their property. Instances of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Wet surfaces when there is no "wet floor" signage
- Broken, damaged or poorly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wiring
- Bad lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are liable for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will demonstrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Lake Ozark, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a negligent property manager responsible. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We secure great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We count on doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with adequate care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not sufficiently observing you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the empathetic and talented spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery has nothing to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to correct a relatively minor back injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved improperly during their emergency room visit, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every kind of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies fear us because we are known as the Lake Ozark and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the complex cases and that we demand the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your doctor neglected to offer you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated plainly to the buyer. When they are careless and you receive a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the savvy Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Lake Ozark, MO to hold them responsible. There are a variety of products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as defective brakes, that result in motor vehicle collisions
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to correctly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, did not issue a recall or otherwise did not establish the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An seasoned and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Lake Ozark, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work around the clock to make sure you are awarded the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries result in harm to the spinal cord. If you sustain a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Lake Ozark, MO work environment was unsafe. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord transpires suddenly, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, for example construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a greater risk of these types of injuries. Your employer has an obligation to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Lake Ozark, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them accountable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when a worker carries out a repetitive activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be complex cases to win because it is tough to prove when or why exactly the injury happened. That is why it is important to seek medical attention the instance symptoms emerge, and to get in touch with a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to review your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and accomplished doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your suit and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you are injured because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every variety of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property manager is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you deserve.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or injured you willfully, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a court will usually order them to pay you damages. If they are not found guilty or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Lake Ozark, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not properly handling the gun) or behaved dangerously (such as someone who was drunk while handling the gun). In rare instances, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and afraid. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Lake Ozark, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are going through and will stand by your side until you get the full recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the repercussions the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s expertise and savvy. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to win you the complete recovery you deserve in order to help you recover. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will have to pay for medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly inhibit your ability to move and complete basic activities. They also often require considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often staggering.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incomprehensible financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Lake Ozark, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to determine the precise dollar amount you are owed because of your medical expenses, time off work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sdangerous actions. Our Lake Ozark, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights relentlessly on your claim so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the at-fault party and that they give you compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to determine, and basically refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor signed Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the devastating consequences your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Lake Ozark, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complex, and that bewilderment can be compounded after your life has been turned upside down by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The devoted and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Lake Ozark, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and impassioned representation you deserve. Once you hire our Lake Ozark, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case straight away, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the full recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely sharpened trial skills to win you the recovery you deserve. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Lake Ozark, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you collect the maximum recovery you need to recover, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free case evaluation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can begin working on your case right away.