Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Lee's Summit, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Lee's Summit, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to talk to a qualified lawyer in Lee's Summit, MO and discuss your case for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and resolve to insist on the full recovery you are owed. Do not waste any time. Call Burger Law immediately.
Lee's Summit, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a catastrophic impact on your life and the life of your family. If you or a family member experienced an injury because of another person's negligence or recklessness, you are angry and you may be uncertain of how to proceed and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of dedicated, caring and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are experiencing and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you are owed. No Matter if you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a family member may be in need of lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are owed a great financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Lee's Summit, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where somebody else disregarded the rules and hurt you, you need the knowledgeable and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and insist that you get maximum compensation. We have more than two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Lee's Summit, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case straight away and we do not let up until you receive a great recovery. We manage every every aspect of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your rehabilitation and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury might be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you have an itch, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have an extreme effect on your faculty to carry out basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is essential to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, talent and experience to make certain you get full compensation for the disastrous impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose total feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord happened. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you still have some amount of sensation and motion below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of causing complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just getting emergency medical treatment is not adequate to truly help you recover. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may need medical care and special devices for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you get full compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Lee's Summit, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and essential part spinal cords play in our bodies, the repercussions of a spinal cord injury can be grave. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was thoughtless and disregarded the rules, you need a skilled and veteran spinal cord injuries lawyer in Lee's Summit, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and insist on a complete financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your family member as basic daily tasks like writing are no longer feasible. You might have to hire a live-in nurse and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, impeding your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has sensation on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly at risk of burns, bedsores or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, you could develop low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a vast effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may necessitate a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is essential to get in touch with the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the negligent party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you also get complete compensation for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who try to deceive you to swindle you out of the money you deserve. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your case and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or irresponsible behavior. Based on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to recover compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim in Lee's Summit, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law right away for a complimentary consultation to find out what you can recover. Our skilled and accomplished lawyers get to work on your case right away to get you the entire compensation you are owed.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another party responsible for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto crashes make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member sustained a spinal cord injury in a car accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Lee's Summit, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a free consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we get to work on your case straight away. We will gather all necessary evidence, including carrying out official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, obtaining surveillance footage of the wreck and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We utilize a network of car crash experts to show exactly how your spinal cord injury happened and exactly how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents occur when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your equilibrium and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. Over 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are due to a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law called Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property has to keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Slippery floors when there is no warning signs
- Broken, damaged or badly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are liable for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Lee's Summit, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding careless property owners liable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We collect great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We have faith in doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with sufficient care and follow all the rules when we are at our most vulnerable. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not adequately keep on eye on you during surgery. When that happens, you need the compassionate and savvy spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery has nothing to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to correct a relatively minor back injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every category of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because we are known as the Lee's Summit and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the tough cases and that we demand great compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your medical professionals neglected to give you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given clearly to the consumer. When they are careless and you receive a spinal cord injury when using a dangerous product, you need the savvy Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Lee's Summit, MO to hold them accountable. There are a number of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as faulty brakes, that lead to auto crashes
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company did not adequately test a product, approved a design with an inherent defect, did not issue a recall or otherwise failed to ensure the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An veteran and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Lee's Summit, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work around the clock to make certain that you are awarded the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause injury to the spinal cord. If you sustain a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Lee's Summit, MO work environment was unsafe. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord happens in one moment, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, for instance construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a greater risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer has a duty to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees go through adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Lee's Summit, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when an employee repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be tough cases to win because it is difficult to prove precisely when or why you experienced your injury. That is why it is important to seek medical attention the instance symptoms appear, and to contact a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your suit and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you experience and injury because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property manager is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and get you the recovery you are owed.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or hurts you purposefully, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a court will usually order them to compensate you. If they are not found guilty or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Lee's Summit, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not safely handling the gun) or behaved dangerously (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare cases, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and scared. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Lee's Summit, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are undergoing and will stand next to you until you get the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical bills and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s expertise and ability. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to make sure you get the maximum recovery you deserve in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will spend on medical costs and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely inhibit your capacity to move and perform basic tasks. They also often necessitate extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be huge.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they stay in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who receives a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an unfathomable financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Lee's Summit, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to compute the exact dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical bills, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often they need to be replaced and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of someone else’sthoughtless behavior. Our Lee's Summit, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights relentlessly on your case so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the liable party and that they provide you with compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to quantify, and essentially refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature approved Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can receive in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to your healing and knows that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the catastrophic effect your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Lee's Summit, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and hard to understand, and that bewilderment can be exacerbated after your life has been turned upside down by a destructive spinal cord injury. The devoted and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Lee's Summit, MO will give you and your case the sincere and impassioned representation you deserve. Once you hire our Lee's Summit, MO law firm, we start working on your case immediately, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the full recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely honed trial abilities to win you the recovery you are entitled to. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Lee's Summit, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the complete recovery you need to recover, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a free case review, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can begin working on your case immediately.