Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Lemay, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Lemay, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to speak to an expert lawyer in Lemay, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and will power to demand the maximum recovery you are entitled to. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law immediately.
Lemay, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have devastating ramifications in your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or someone you care about experienced an injury because of another person's negligence or thoughtlessness, you are angry and you may be uncertain of what to do and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of committed, kindhearted and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are experiencing and will aggressively demand your recovery until you get the compensation you are entitled to. No Matter if you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a family member may be in need of lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are entitled to a full financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Lemay, MO today at or contact us online for a free case review.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where another person broke the rules and injured you, you require the accomplished and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and insist that you get a full recovery. We have over two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Lemay, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case right away and we do not rest until you are awarded a great recovery. We manage all every aspect of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your recovery and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages might be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to walk, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord alerts your brain. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extreme impact on your capacity to complete basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law now at if you experience a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, talent and experience to make sure you are completely compensated for the catastrophic effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose all feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury happens when you are able to retain some measure of feeling and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a higher chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to find emergency medical care right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just receiving emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to truly help you recover. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may need medical care and special equipment for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you get the best possible compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Lemay, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and essential part spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be grave. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else was thoughtless and broke the rules, you need a talented and veteran spinal cord injuries lawyer in Lemay, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a complete financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your family member as basic daily activities like using a phone are no longer feasible. You may have to hire a live-in nurse and may have to depend on someone else for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, limiting your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has sensation on certain areas of their skin, they will be highly susceptible to, bedsores or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, it could lead to low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an extreme effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that permit us to breathe, meaning you may necessitate a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is essential to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the negligent party responsible for your injury, demand that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you also get full compensation for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who use deceptive schemes to swindle you out of the money you deserve. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your lawsuit and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or dangerous behavior. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to collect compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Lemay, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law today for a complimentary case evaluation to find out what you can recover. Our skilled and accomplished lawyers start working on your case at once to get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another party to blame for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide array of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about experienced a spinal cord injury in a auto crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Lemay, MO at for a free consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your case immediately. We will gather all pertinent evidence, including carrying out official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the crash and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We utilize a network of motor vehicle accident experts to show precisely how your spinal cord injury transpired and precisely how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object causes you to lose your balance and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. Over 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are because of a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property is required to keep their property reasonably safe. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Wet surfaces without warning signage
- Broken, damaged or badly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wires
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are responsible for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Lemay, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will understand how to hold a irresponsible property operator accountable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We collect great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We have faith in doctors and healthcare professionals to give us proper care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not adequately observing you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the compassionate and talented spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery has nothing to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to addressed a relatively minor back injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously toughto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every category of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because we are known as the Lemay and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the difficult cases and that we demand full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your medical professionals neglected to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given plainly to the consumer. When they are reckless and you suffer a spinal cord injury after using a dangerous product, you need the savvy Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Lemay, MO to hold them responsible. There are a number of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that cause auto collisions
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to insufficiently test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise did not establish the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An experienced and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Lemay, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to ensure you get the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to harm to the spinal cord. If you sustain a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Lemay, MO work environment was unsafe. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord occurs suddenly, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, such as construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these types of injuries. Your employer has an obligation to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Lemay, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when an employee carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is difficult to prove when or why exactly the injury happened. That is why it is important to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and talented doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us prove your case and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you are harmed because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every variety of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property operator is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you deserve.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or injured you on purpose, that is a crime, and if they are criminally convicted, a prosecutor will often order them to compensate you. If they are not convicted or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Lemay, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not properly handling the gun) or behaved dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare instances, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate Lemay, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are experiencing and will stand by your side until you get the complete compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you collect for your spinal cord injury will depend on the effect the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and ability. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to win you the full recovery you are owed in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly impede your faculty to move and complete basic tasks. They also often necessitate considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often huge.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of people with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Lemay, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to quantify the correct dollar amount you are owed because of your medical bills, inability to work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often you will need a new one and what those expenses will be. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sdangerous behavior. Our Lemay, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights relentlessly on your claim so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the at-fault party and that they give you compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to quantify, and essentially refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor signed Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can recover in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve full compensation for the cataclysmic consequences your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Lemay, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and difficult to understand, and that bewilderment can be aggravated after your life has been put on pause by a destructive spinal cord injury. The committed and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Lemay, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and impassioned representation you deserve. Once you hire our Lemay, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case straight away, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the full compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely sharpened trial abilities to make sure you are awarded the recovery you are entitled to. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Lemay, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the complete recovery you need to heal, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free case review, or call us at so we can get started on your case now.