Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Madison County, IL
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Madison County, IL. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to talk to a qualified lawyer in Madison County, IL about your claim for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and will power to demand the maximum recovery you deserve. Do not delay. Call Burger Law now.
Madison County, IL Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a devastating effect on your life and the life of your family. If you or a loved one sustained an injury because of someone else’s negligence or thoughtlessness, you are angry and you may be uncertain of what to do and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of devoted, caring and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are feeling and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you collect the compensation you are entitled to. No Matter if you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a loved one may require lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are entitled to a maximum financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and help you recover. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Madison County, IL today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other variety of injury where somebody else disregarded the rules and harmed you, you require the expert and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and demand that you get a maximum recovery. We have over 20 years of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Madison County, IL spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case right away and we do not give up until you collect a great recovery. We manage every every detail of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your recovery and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury might be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extensive effect on your capacity to perform basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, savvy and experience to make sure you collect full compensation for the catastrophic effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose all feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord happened. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you maintain some measure of sensation and motion below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to find emergency medical care immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely undergoing emergency medical treatment is not enough to really help you heal. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and special equipment for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you get maximum compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Madison County, IL personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and important role spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be grave. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person acted negligently and broke the rules, you need a savvy and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer in Madison County, IL like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and demand a full financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your loved one as basic daily activities like writing are no longer achievable. You might have to hire a live-in nurse and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, limiting your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has feeling on certain areas of their skin, they will be highly susceptible to, bedsores or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, it could result in low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you at risk of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a great effect on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also inhibit the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may need a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is key to contact the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party accountable for your injury, insist that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you also recover full compensation for the emotional agony the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who use deceptive tricks to swindle you out of the money you are owed. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your claim and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless behavior. Based on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to receive compensation from the liable party by filing a personal injury claim in Madison County, IL. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law now for a complimentary consultation to find out what you can recover. Our savvy and accomplished lawyers start working on your case at once to get you the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another party accountable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto accidents make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member received a spinal cord injury in a car accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Madison County, IL at (314) 500-HURT for a free consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your claim at once. We will gather all pertinent evidence, including taking official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the wreck and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We utilize a network of motor vehicle accident experts to show precisely how your spinal cord injury transpired and precisely how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your equilibrium and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are the result of a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law called Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property is required to preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Wet surfaces when there is no "wet floor" signs
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Bad lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are liable for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will demonstrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Madison County, IL area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a negligent property manager accountable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We get great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We have faith in doctors and healthcare professionals to give us the right care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they break those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as giving you an incorrect diagnosis or not properly monitoring you during surgery. When that happens, you need the compassionate and skilled spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a proper position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously difficultto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than two decades of experience with every kind of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies fear us because we are known as the Madison County and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the tough cases and that we demand maximum compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your doctor failed to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated understandably to the consumer. When they are reckless and you receive a spinal cord injury after using a dangerous product, you need the talented Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Madison County, IL to hold them responsible. There are a lot of products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that cause motor vehicle crashes
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to adequately test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, failed to issue a recall or otherwise failed to establish the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An seasoned and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Madison County, IL like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to ensure you collect the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries result in damage to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Madison County, IL work environment was unsafe. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord occurs in one moment, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, such as construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a greater risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer has a duty to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Madison County, IL, you can count on Burger Law to hold them responsible for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when an employee repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be tough cases to win because it is tough to prove precisely when or why the injury occurred. That is why it is vital to seek medical attention the instance symptoms emerge, and to contact a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and knowledgeable doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us prove your case and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you experience and injury because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property manager is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and get you the recovery you are entitled to.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or hurts you willfully, they have committed a crime, and if they are criminally charged, a court will typically order them to pay you damages. If they are not convicted or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Madison County, IL.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not correctly handling the gun) or behaved dangerously (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare cases, you may have a claim against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Madison County, IL spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are experiencing and will stand next to you until you get the full recovery you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you collect for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the effect the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s expertise and ability. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to make sure you get the complete recovery you are entitled to in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical bills and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously hamper your faculty to move and complete basic activities. They also often necessitate exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often staggering.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who sustains a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an unfathomable financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Madison County, IL work closely with economic and medical experts to determine the precise dollar amount you deserve because of your medical expenses, inability to work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those costs will be. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sdangerous actions. Our Madison County, IL spinal cord injuries lawyer fights hard on your claim so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the liable party and that they provide you with compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to quantify, and fundamentally refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor gave the seal of approval to Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in your healing and understands that you need and deserve complete compensation for the catastrophic repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Madison County, IL lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Illinois
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Illinois
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Illinois
- Car Accident Attorney in Illinois
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Illinois
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and complicated, and that confusion can be multiplied after your life has been turned upside down by a destructive spinal cord injury. The committed and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Madison County, IL will give you and your case the genuine and impassioned representation you deserve. Once you hire our Madison County, IL law firm, we start working on your case immediately, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the maximum compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely sharpened trial skills to get you the recovery you are owed. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Madison County, IL area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you get the full recovery you need to heal, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary consultation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can begin working on your case immediately.